Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is the largest influence on your vote?

OverSword

What is the largest influence on your vote?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What has been the largest influence on who you vote for?

• Party affiliation
    • Name recognition
    • Single issue (guns, abortion, marriage rights, legalization of marijuana, etc.)
    • Endorsements
    • Physical attractiveness
    • Name is on the top of the choices on the ballot
    • Television commercials
    • Platform

54 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I gave that option. I knew people that voted for Bill Clinton based on his attractiveness compared to GHWB and H Ross Perot.  

There is also “animal magnetism”. Reagan, Clinton,Trump  had, have it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, WVK said:

I get Reagan and Clinton (sort of) but who thinks Trump has animal magnetism, he looks as disgusting as he talks to me.   I think Trump's rhetoric and diatribes are why people voted for him.  Usually con men are attractive but if I didn't know who Trump was and he wanted to sell me a used car I would walk away before he even said a word.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I get Reagan and Clinton (sort of) but who thinks Trump has animal magnetism, he looks as disgusting as he talks to me.   I think Trump's rhetoric and diatribes are why people voted for him.  Usually con men are attractive but if I didn't know who Trump was and he wanted to sell me a used car I would walk away before he even said a word.

That is definitely so and one of the greatest reasons. He talks in a way that his supporters act and think. It's very appealing to them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Obama may be the last Democrat I vote for. So, yeah, party affiliation.

• Haha 1

Radical liberals.

Edited by Zebra3

59 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Disagree, do you think, say, Pete Buttigieg could get this reaction?:

Trump rally comparable to rock concert: ‘Just the excitement alone is amazing’

https://muddyrivernews.com/top-stories/trump-rally-comparable-to-rock-concert-just-the-excitement-alone-is-amazing/20220626014907/

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, WVK said:

Disagree, do you think, say, Pete Buttigieg could get this reaction?:

Trump rally comparable to rock concert: ‘Just the excitement alone is amazing’

https://muddyrivernews.com/top-stories/trump-rally-comparable-to-rock-concert-just-the-excitement-alone-is-amazing/20220626014907/

I don't know anything about Pete Buttigieg, but I never understood why people loved the rolling stones, none of them were attractive and their music mostly sucked rotten eggs, and no one could understand a word Mick Jaggar sang.   So, maybe they were mind controlled like Preston Nichols claims people were who bought the Rolling Stones albums using subliminal messages.   :lol:   if the Rolling Stones and Trump can attract people like that, a river troll probably could too if he had good publicity, said the right words or sang the right song.

P.S.  I just looked up Pete Buttegieg and he is more attractive than Trump or Mick, what is your real point?   

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I don't know anything about Pete Buttigieg, but I never understood why people loved the rolling stones, none of them were attractive and their music mostly sucked rotten eggs, and no one could understand a word Mick Jaggar sang.   So, maybe they were mind controlled like Preston Nichols claims people were who bought the Rolling Stones albums using subliminal messages.   :lol:   if the Rolling Stones and Trump can attract people like that, a river troll probably could too if he had good publicity, said the right words or sang the right song.

P.S.  I just looked up Pete Buttegieg and he is more attractive than Trump or Mick, what is your real point?   

The RSs have had a few moments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7sigwbqEj8

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Agent0range said:

I'm a democrat...

Sorry, i had gotten confused.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

I never understood why people loved the rolling stones

And to this day i can pack a dance floor with 18yos to up with a stone's tune.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, the13bats said:

And to this day i can pack a dance floor with 18yos to up with a stone's tune.

The subliminal messages never got removed from the sound tracks.   :lol:

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

The subliminal messages never got removed from the sound tracks.   :lol:

Idk, but paint it black, and others people love it at the club, perhaps i can add a subliminal message to tip the DJ :tu:

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Sorry, i had gotten confused.

No problem, I was just trying to point out that I never cared about party affiliation.  So much so that I would have voted Republican in 2016.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, simplybill said:

Grim - I had dinner with some conservative friends last night, and we all agreed that Ron DeSantis should be the Republican candidate. I suggested Tulsi Gabbard as his running mate, and again we all agreed. The one issue that would’ve prevented most Republicans from supporting Tulsi has been rendered moot on the Federal level, so it shouldn’t be a factor in their decision at this point. 
And I 100% agree with you on Ron’s military background. With threats of war coming from Russia, China and Iran, having both a President and Vice-President with military backgrounds could tamp down the aggressive rhetoric.

Hello Bill it's great to hear from you, I sincerely hope my response finds you and your loved ones safe and in good health. To be honest I am not really very familiar with Tulsi Gabbaed, however I can catchup there.

Ron 

9 hours ago, darkmoonlady said:

I placed my vote.

Who did you vote for??? 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, WVK said:

Tina Fey had it far better than Sarah Palin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have only one issue left, preserving a democracy governed by a Constitution and a rule of law over an authoritarian Christian Nationalist violent regime.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, the13bats said:

paint it black

That was the very first 45 rpm record that I bought to play on my new ‘mono’ record player back in the 60s. It was a perfect match for my teenage angst. Lol

• Like 2

I carefully study both candidates and then vote AGAINST the one that I hate the MOST! It has been many decades since I actually voted FOR a presidential candidate. Our system nearly precludes the possibility of an honest person being run by either of the predominant parties.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Hello Bill it's great to hear from you, I sincerely hope my response finds you and your loved ones safe and in good health. To be honest I am not really very familiar with Tulsi Gabbaed, however I can catchup there.

Ron 

Who did you vote for??? 

On Overswords question poll at the top of the thread. 

If the voting system were to become honest, it would shortly thereafter become illegalized

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, simplybill said:

Grim - I had dinner with some conservative friends last night, and we all agreed that Ron DeSantis should be the Republican candidate. I suggested Tulsi Gabbard as his running mate, and again we all agreed. The one issue that would’ve prevented most Republicans from supporting Tulsi has been rendered moot on the Federal level, so it shouldn’t be a factor in their decision at this point. 
And I 100% agree with you on Ron’s military background. With threats of war coming from Russia, China and Iran, having both a President and Vice-President with military backgrounds could tamp down the aggressive rhetoric.

Hey Bill the more I dig into this the more interesting this becomes. It appears that DeSantis is quietly releasing all the information he can to throw Trump under the Bus. This is going to get even more interesting as we move closer to 2024, if Trump is not charged and and arrested. You know Bill its going to be a wild ride my Frien!:tu:

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Hey Bill the more I dig into this the more interesting this becomes. It appears that DeSantis is quietly releasing all the information he can to throw Trump under the Bus. This is going to get even more interesting as we move closer to 2024, if Trump is not charged and and arrested. You know Bill its going to be a wild ride my Frien!:tu:

Clue me in manwon i thought desantis was a total trump bent knee was i mistaken?

• Like 1