Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is the largest influence on your vote?

OverSword

What is the largest influence on your vote?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What has been the largest influence on who you vote for?

• Party affiliation
    • Name recognition
    • Single issue (guns, abortion, marriage rights, legalization of marijuana, etc.)
    • Endorsements
    • Physical attractiveness
    • Name is on the top of the choices on the ballot
    • Television commercials
    • Platform

1 minute ago, Likely Guy said:

I vote for the candidate I think most able to represent, to be a rational voice in parliament.

Edit: Sometimes I'll vote against the governing party because they've been there too long.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Reputation ie, Integrety, Honesty, and Leadership - (  Takes resposibility for ones actions and always leads from the front )

JIMHO

^^^^ As i tryed to come up with what i think as i dont care at all about party this fits above.

I was in a move to a different country 2016  and then this last one i did something i didnt want to do, it wasnt a vote for lesser of evils but i was forced to vote for biden because i knew a 3rd couldnt win and like most Americans i just couldnt stand another 4 of dons life costing bumblingly incompetence.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I like military backgrounds, 

He graduated from Yale University and Harvard Law School. DeSantis joined the United States Navy in 2004, where he was promoted to lieutenant before serving as an advisor to SEAL Team One and being deployed to Iraq in 2007. When he returned to the U.S. a year later, the U.S. Department of Justice appointed DeSantis to serve as a Special Assistant U.S. attorney at the U.S. Attorney's Office in the Middle District of Florida, a position he held until his 

My dad was navy and i wasnt military but its a huge perk for a potus, we see what draft dodgers get us.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

There is only one candidate for me Ronald Dion DeSantis,!!!:tu:

I thought he worships at the alter of the orange, tell me he wont be another trump.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Agent0range said:

Party affiliation for me

I thought you didnt support trump?

• Thanks 1

The whole platform for me.   Mixed with other things like hidden corruption and a wish of a third party to win.  So it depends on allot of things.    

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Myles said:

a wish of a third party to win. 

This would be so darn epic cool it would show the dems and reps they dont own us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, the13bats said:

This would be so darn epic cool it would show the dems and reps they dont own us.

I voted for Ross Perot for that very reason.   He's the closest we had to a third party with a chance to win.  He got 19% of the vote.   I think if he would have picked a different person for vise president he would have gotten more votes.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

I worked with a (blonde) woman a while ago that literally voted for the candidate who she thought wore the nicest tie.

These days, as good a method as any I suppose.

My youngest sister, who is blonde, told me that she noticed that in most races it is the tallest candidate that usually wins. This was 20 years or so ago and her observation was mostly true at the time and not restricted to just the presidential race.

Platform. However, I usually don’t believe them even when they say the right things. Heck I think Trump was the only guy to ever come close to doing and really trying to do what he said. 

I was really young at the time but Regans first term, looking back, was a close second. Though I think he got duped into things that didn’t turn out the way he expected. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Myles said:

I voted for Ross Perot for that very reason.   He's the closest we had to a third party with a chance to win.  He got 19% of the vote.   I think if he would have picked a different person for vise president he would have gotten more votes.  

I was to young to vote at that time, but I remember rooting for him. 

Just now, preacherman76 said:

I was to young to vote at that time, but I remember rooting for him. 

Saturday Night Live hurt him allot.  The great Phil Hartman had the role of playing James Stockdale and he did some really funny skits that made their way through most media outlets.  To this day, when I think of Stockdale, I cannot remember what he was like but remember him as the SNL skit.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Timothy said:

@OverSword should existing personal bias also be an option?

I think that would lead the poll.

No doubt about Timothy!:tu:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Myles said:

The whole platform for me.   Mixed with other things like hidden corruption and a wish of a third party to win.  So it depends on allot of things.    

Ok - WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:o

13 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

There is only one candidate for me Ronald Dion DeSantis,!!!:tu:

Grim - I had dinner with some conservative friends last night, and we all agreed that Ron DeSantis should be the Republican candidate. I suggested Tulsi Gabbard as his running mate, and again we all agreed. The one issue that would’ve prevented most Republicans from supporting Tulsi has been rendered moot on the Federal level, so it shouldn’t be a factor in their decision at this point. 
And I 100% agree with you on Ron’s military background. With threats of war coming from Russia, China and Iran, having both a President and Vice-President with military backgrounds could tamp down the aggressive rhetoric.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Ok - WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:o

I don't quite understand why my answer caused you to "Wow!"

4 hours ago, Timothy said:

@OverSword should existing personal bias also be an option?

I think that would lead the poll.

I would say that is when you vote along party lines.  But yeah it seems there were a few choices I left off of the poll.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WVK said:

If Tulsi were to run I’d be tempted to vote  “physical attractiveness”

I gave that option. I knew people that voted for Bill Clinton based on his attractiveness compared to GHWB and H Ross Perot.  

It wasn't on your poll list @OverSwordbut it I vote for who ups my survival chances. I know that sounds like hyperbole but I have severe health issues, and who I vote for can profoundly affect, or determine if I get the care I need or not. I live on Social Security disability, my health care is paid for by the state (via taxes, that's never lost on me). I vote for candidates that take people like me in consideration at the least, and advocate for disabled, seniors, poor people, medically fragile people...

I see over and over again, people who want to do away with social safety nets. That means I don't get to live. I'm still in year 2 going on 3 of cancer, I have another scan in a month because I'm having symptoms that may mean it's back. Whether or not I get another round of chemo could very well determine my living or dying. If Medicare is cut to the bone, it won't happen. I'm already medically a hard case. If Social Security is ended, I'd be homeless and you cannot get chemo when you're homeless. That's one person. Millions of people are like me. I worry as much for them as I do for myself. So I vote for their survival as much as my own. 

Edited by darkmoonlady
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

@darkmoonlady that would fall under the category of platform :)

I placed my vote.

• Like 2