Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Saudi woman given 34-year prison sentence for using Twitter

itsnotoutthere

A Saudi student at Leeds University who had returned home to the kingdom for a holiday has been sentenced to 34 years in prison for having a Twitter account and for following and retweeting dissidents and activists.

The sentencing by Saudi’s special terrorist court was handed down weeks after the US president Joe Biden’s visit to Saudi Arabia, which human rights activists had warned could embolden the kingdom to escalate its crackdown on dissidents and other pro-democracy activists.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/aug/16/saudi-woman-given-34-year-prison-sentence-for-using-twitter?CMP=share_btn_tw

• Sad 6

So the one time joe wakes up since being handed potus from Trump he costs a girl 34 years i guess she wasnt savvy to the laws of her fine country.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...

Saudi’s special terrorist court has nothing to do except troll social media accounts? Insane, must be the work of psychopaths. From research the psycho gene comes from being inbred. I.E.... no empathy. Easy to hurt if there's no care....

On 8/17/2022 at 12:45 AM, the13bats said:

So the one time joe wakes up since being handed potus from Trump he costs a girl 34 years i guess she wasnt savvy to the laws of her fine country.

Consider it in the light of a brilliant economic trade.  Lower gas prices for American drivers in exchange for one foreign woman's life in prison.  Half the country wouldn't even want her in America.  On moral grounds, it is a bit more shaky, but international politics is about power not morality.

• Like 1