Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

School worker shares 'unique' names given to kids

Eldorado

A person who works in the school system has shared a list of the most unusual names they've seen students have - ranging from Star Wars characters to weapons and cars.

They then listed all the names in nine categories, starting with the royally-themed names, which included the likes of Duchess, King, Docile Princess, Rose-Queen, Princess Kzineah, and King-David.

Next up were the names with "unnecessary punctuation", such as D-Jay, Jo'Ell, Anna-Bell, and Ca'Sandra, followed by the names that would have been common if not for their "creative spelling", including Eathyn, Autymn, MacKennzzy, Leigham, Pariz, and Cyennah.

There were also names in a fourth category titled "almost a name", which seemed to be names derived from two existing monikers smashed together. They included Annalizabeth, Samandriel, Lonica, Alexavier, Xerek, Jerrick, and Trennis.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/school-worker-shares-unique-names-27761082

• Haha 4

• The title was changed to School worker shares 'unique' names given to kids

I've heard "unique" spelling trend comes from parents wanting their children to be the only one with their name in their grade in school and so on. 

Which,  of course fails,  Eathyn and Ethan are still pronounced the same. 

• Like 1

My daughter went to school with a girl who was named Tuesday After Lunch.   

When I was in Dallas my coworker told me about a girl that his wife took care of at the hospital, whose mother should have used an apostrape, because her name was spelled ****head but was pronounces Shi'thade.   :lol:   I know he didn't make that up because my daughter's friend worked in a school in Dallas and told her the same story, it was the same kid and the mother always pitched a fit because no one knew how (or was afraid) to pronounce her daughter's name.

P.S. my cousin's son named his daughter Arya because that was the name of the fairy in his favorite fantasy book about a dragon (not game of thrones).

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Haha 2

My fav was the mom who said "the doctor named my baby gurr" Fee Molly.  (Female...)  True story...

• Haha 3

My mom & dad couldn't agree on my name, so they decided to name me after the Consultant at the hospital.

I was very nearly called Rupert!

:lol:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

Eathyn and Ethan are still pronounced the same. 

Not in the UK!

• Like 1

Le-Ah … Leedashha. 
I’ve also taught a Prince. And a Peter Parker. Another child’s name was Crystal, but we were ordered by the parents to call her Bella.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, acute said:

Not in the UK!

Yeah but in the UK nothkng is pronounced the way it ought to be, like Yorkshire or Ate

:P

Edited by Orphalesion
  • Haha 1