Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Indian rapists leave prison to a heroes' welcome

Eldorado

Bilkis Bano, who was gang-raped and saw 14 members of her family being murdered by a Hindu mob during the 2002 anti-Muslim riots in the western Indian state of Gujarat, is back in the headlines.

On Monday, 11 convicts who were serving life sentences for rape and murder in the case, walked out of prison to a heroes' welcome.

A video that has since gone viral showed the men lined up outside the Godhra jail while relatives gave them sweets and touched their feet to show respect.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-62574247

• Confused 4
  • Sad 8

9 hours ago, OverSword said:

If that was my family none of those men would not want to walk around at night unaccompanied.

Could you just imagine same thing happened but here in the USA, they couldnt have been released like that.

I dont recall the details so paraphase but i recall that one girls dad saying to the effect all the rapist and killer of his daughter should get sentenced to was a few minutes alone with him.

And that guy whose son was raped he was waiting at the airport when they were moving the guy, dad shot him in the head.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I just can't fathom this, the heroes welcome?

What sort of people would welcome such low life scum? What is wrong with these people? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, psyche101 said:

What sort of people would welcome such low life scum? What is wrong with these people? 

It’s on par with honour killings.

Such an f’d up situation.

Ain’t a problem when you believe in the BS and reincarnation.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, psyche101 said:

The British

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

The British

Golden, you are an absolute disgrace joking about rape. What the hell is wrong with you you sick sick person? Get help.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Golden, you are an absolute disgrace joking about rape. What the hell is wrong with you you sick sick person? Get help.

How is it a joke? The BJP is carrying baggage from the British policy of divide and rule.  Gujarat is Modi's home state.

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

How is it a joke? The BJP is carrying baggage from the British policy of divide and rule.  Gujarat is Modi's home state.

Oh, that's OK then, why didn't you say? You sicko  

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Oh, that's OK then, why didn't you say? You sicko  

I expected people to know of The Partition. It's not secret knowledge, nor does it require you know how to "read a graph".

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Anything in the name of Hindu Nationalism. 

Look at India and see the United States in a decade  if  hate and Christian Nationalism prevail here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/17/2022 at 10:47 PM, Eldorado said:

Bilkis Bano, who was gang-raped and saw 14 members of her family being murdered by a Hindu mob during the 2002 anti-Muslim riots in the western Indian state of Gujarat, is back in the headlines.

On Monday, 11 convicts who were serving life sentences for rape and murder in the case, walked out of prison to a heroes' welcome.

A video that has since gone viral showed the men lined up outside the Godhra jail while relatives gave them sweets and touched their feet to show respect.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-62574247

:angry:

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Three men who were given the death penalty for raping and killing a 19-year-old woman in India’s national capital Delhi have been acquitted by the Supreme Court.

The three convicts, Ravi Kumar, Rahul and Vinod, were handed death sentences in 2014 by the Delhi High Court, with the judge calling them “predators” who roamed the streets “looking for prey” on the night they gang-raped, tortured and murdered a teenager in 2012.

It is the second time in a matter of a few months that Indian courts have made national headlines for setting free convicted gang-rapists.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/three-convicted-gang-rapists-walk-free-after-appealing-death-sentences-to-india-s-supreme-court/ar-AA13PpK8?

• Sad 1

Well that’s just ****ed up.

Do you want to be a modern and developed nation?

Or prefer a rape-condoning religious troglodyte nation?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Three men who were given the death penalty for raping and killing a 19-year-old woman in India’s national capital Delhi have been acquitted by the Supreme Court.

The three convicts, Ravi Kumar, Rahul and Vinod, were handed death sentences in 2014 by the Delhi High Court, with the judge calling them “predators” who roamed the streets “looking for prey” on the night they gang-raped, tortured and murdered a teenager in 2012.

It is the second time in a matter of a few months that Indian courts have made national headlines for setting free convicted gang-rapists.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/three-convicted-gang-rapists-walk-free-after-appealing-death-sentences-to-india-s-supreme-court/ar-AA13PpK8?

I think going soft on crime is a bad direction.   Much like the Democrats in the USA are doing, these things will raise crime rates. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Myles said:

I think going soft on crime is a bad direction.   Much like the Democrats in the USA are doing, these things will raise crime rates. 

That has nothing to do with being soft on crime but everything with culture, bribary and a man's world where women have no rights to descide for their self. Quiet to opposite of what Dems want.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, odas said:

That has nothing to do with being soft on crime but everything with culture, bribary and a man's world where women have no rights to descide for their self. Quiet to opposite of what Dems want.

The reasons why they are soft on crime may be different but they are still being soft on crime.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, odas said:

I don't think so.  It looks more like Hindustani Nationalism to me.

• 3 weeks later...

A teenage gang-rape survivor in northern India’s Uttar Pradesh state set herself on fire after she was allegedly pressured by the men who assaulted her to marry one of them, according to a report.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/teen-gang-rape-survivor-in-india-sets-herself-ablaze-after-tormentors-pressure-her-to-marry-one-of-them/ar-AA14shBO?

• Sad 1