Still Waters Posted August 18, 2022 #1 Share Posted August 18, 2022 (IP: Staff) · A six-year-old boy has died after his throat was cut by a stray glass-coated kite string as he rode on a scooter with his father in Ludhiana, north India. Daksh Giri was standing on the scooter on Tuesday, wedged between the steering unit and his father, when they drove into a plastic kite string coated with powdered glass. The string became wrapped around his neck, cutting his throat. Daksh died later in hospital. Such deaths have become frequent at this time of year when India celebrates its independence from Britain by flying kites. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/aug/18/boy-six-dies-india-throat-cut-glass-coated-kite-string 1 Top Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now