Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pentagon's UFO office will not investigate 'man-made' UFOs

UM-Bot

• The title was changed to Pentagon's UFO office will not investigate man-made UFOs
  • The title was changed to Pentagon's UFO office will not investigate 'man-made' UFOs

This will get fun quick...

• Like 1

So, flying fish (which meet the definition of objects that "transition between the atmosphere and bodies of water" are extraterrestrial now?  :lol:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

My guess is we know the gov and military spend big green to keep our secrets from our enemies so suggested its ET and watch the believers do your work for you.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Such objects would seem exotic by their very nature, but according to reports, this definition also seems to explicitly exclude reports of objects known to be man-made, which - according to the directive - should be "passed to appropriate [DoD] offices."

Title should then be "Pentagon's UFO office will not investigate known 'man-made' UFOs"

But isn't "known UFO" an oxymoron?

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Essan said:

So, flying fish (which meet the definition of objects that "transition between the atmosphere and bodies of water" are extraterrestrial now?  :lol:

No... You already identified it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rlyeh said:

Title should then be "Pentagon's UFO office will not investigate known 'man-made' UFOs"

But isn't "known UFO" an oxymoron?

I know that unidentified flying object! It's a blimp! Wait no its a flying car! Ugh no it's a bird....I think.

• Haha 2

Sounds like anything they don't want you to know about won't be "officially" investigated.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Essan said:

The phrase in the legislation is "not immediately identifiable".  Flying fish are a) identifiable and b) not aerospace

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gumball said:

How would they know? Unless they already know.

Oh, they know.  They've always known, even before it was known, they knew.

• Haha 2

Concentrating on transmedium objects? The US government KNOWS that these craft are not otherworldly. They originate on our very own Earth but are not manmade, at least not during our current timeline.

My conjecture? Time travellers or Silurian Hypothesis. Whatever it may be, both are technically earthly origins.
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

48 minutes ago, Vox said:

Concentrating on transmedium objects? The US government KNOWS that these craft are not otherworldly. They originate on our very own Earth but are not manmade, at least not during our current timeline.

My conjecture? Time travellers or Silurian Hypothesis. Whatever it may be, both are technically earthly origins.

Dare I ask. How do you know this? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Dare I ask. How do you know this? 

Dude.  I’m not a loon.  

The United States’ assertion that they will be looking into transmedium objects recognises that whatever unknown phenomena this might be, it necessitates the ability to move between different densities of fluid such as air/water interfaces.  This would mean that whatever it might be, it has a need to travel underwater.  Our planet’s underwater environment is a perfect candidate, so whatever may need to do so, is evidently hiding there.

Space travel is hostile, and the distances involved are immense, almost eliminating any notion that something can come over here with any degree of frequency.  Anything with any notion of advanced FTL capabilities will have no need to hide, the circumstances would be unexplainable to us.  So ETs are likely an impossibility.

Now, the above is arguably conjecture.  The next is just an extrapolation of the same: futureselves with a vested interest to stay hidden could be an alternative.  Another alternative is that there is something that has been in hiding throughout all of our history.  A civilisation of earthly non-humans that want nothing to do with humanity and have been in hiding ever since - why they would be so brazen about it now is anyones guess.  This is called the Silurian hypothesis.  Check it out.  Whilst the hypothesis states that the silirians died out, I postulate that they didn’t, and took to the seas as refuge from the elements and subsequently, us.

It’s a cool story, I recognise that, but I hope to come back to this thread in the future and tell you I told you so ^_^

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Vox said:

Dude.  I’m not a loon.  

The United States’ assertion that they will be looking into transmedium objects recognises that whatever unknown phenomena this might be, it necessitates the ability to move between different densities of fluid such as air/water interfaces.  This would mean that whatever it might be, it has a need to travel underwater.  Our planet’s underwater environment is a perfect candidate, so whatever may need to do so, is evidently hiding there.

Space travel is hostile, and the distances involved are immense, almost eliminating any notion that something can come over here with any degree of frequency.  Anything with any notion of advanced FTL capabilities will have no need to hide, the circumstances would be unexplainable to us.  So ETs are likely an impossibility.

Now, the above is arguably conjecture.  The next is just an extrapolation of the same: futureselves with a vested interest to stay hidden could be an alternative.  Another alternative is that there is something that has been in hiding throughout all of our history.  A civilisation of earthly non-humans that want nothing to do with humanity and have been in hiding ever since - why they would be so brazen about it now is anyones guess.  This is called the Silurian hypothesis.  Check it out.  Whilst the hypothesis states that the silirians died out, I postulate that they didn’t, and took to the seas as refuge from the elements and subsequently, us.

It’s a cool story, I recognise that, but I hope to come back to this thread in the future and tell you I told you so ^_^

Well good on you for not saying you know it as a fact. I appreciate that dude! 

It's a cool story but I honestly think it's just a story. Would be cool if you're right but sorry I highly doubt it.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Portre said:

Oh, they know.  They've always known, even before it was known, they knew.

You sound like you might know no?

Edited by Gumball

57 minutes ago, Gumball said:

You sound like you might know no?

I can neither confirm nor deny.

• Like 1

If its indentifiable then how do they know its man made? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MissJatti said:

If its indentifiable then how do they know its man made? 

Well, you just answered that. In this scenario they determined it to be terrestrial, investigation over.

• Like 1

Of course my typo I ment unindentifiable

• Like 1

"In other words, the UFO office doesn't seem to be interested in looking into anything thought to have been built by humans."

Wow, thanks for that clearing that up. I fully expected them to be dissecting those tactic air drones that crash land in parks.