Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Iran deal seems certain, will Israel strike?

and-then

https://www.timesofisrael.com/mossad-chief-says-looming-iran-deal-based-on-lies-is-very-bad-for-israel/?utm_source=article_hpsidebar&utm_medium=desktop_site&utm_campaign=in-stunning-revelatory-interview-mossad-chief-warns-iran-defends-netanyahu

It seems near certain now that Obama's efforts to facilitate an Iranian bomb will be successful unless Iran is struck soon.  Will Israel go it alone?  Will the current admin actively fight against Israel's efforts?  Where would such a strike by Israel leave the world, considering our current situation?  Is it likely that a regional - or greater - war will result?  

IF such a war is the result of an Iranian deal that will lead to a bomb, should that deal still be executed and Iran given tens of billions in extra cash for their efforts?

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.israelunwired.com/can-israel-stop-biden-from-accepting-the-nuclear-deal/?utm_source=Jeeng&jem=4af3d19ce55c48f9ba616eb3446fd7b5

It seems that on a forum where there used to be tremendous interest and opinion over an Iranian nuclear weapon, there is now neither.  Considering its impact on the world, I find that to be rather curious.  Could it be that those who were once so doggedly sure that Iran didn't intend to build a bomb, now are unwilling to admit they erred?  It was my opinion from the beginning that those who poo-pooed the idea of an Iranian bomb, would eventually accept it and condone it by claiming "fairness" or some such infantile claim.

Well, the current administration -Biden is a puppet-  has the deal done except for what few extra concessions the Mullahs can extort - and an agreement will be completed.  More treasure will flow to the regime and much of it will be siphoned off to the EU through business deals.  Meanwhile, the Israelis are coming together across political lines to face what all of them now consider to be an existential threat.  The piece above explains just how they view this "deal" and what the world will look like in its wake.  It's worth a glance for those who care to see the future of the M.E.  Saudi Arabia is already beginning procurement efforts and Egypt is sure to soon follow that path.  I mean, it's only FAIR... right?

Edited by and-then
clarity

On 9/6/2022 at 5:57 PM, and-then said:

https://www.israelunwired.com/can-israel-stop-biden-from-accepting-the-nuclear-deal/?utm_source=Jeeng&jem=4af3d19ce55c48f9ba616eb3446fd7b5

It seems that on a forum where there used to be tremendous interest and opinion over an Iranian nuclear weapon, there is now neither.  Considering its impact on the world, I find that to be rather curious.  Could it be that those who were once so doggedly sure that Iran didn't intend to build a bomb, now are unwilling to admit they erred?  It was my opinion from the beginning that those who poo-pooed the idea of an Iranian bomb, would eventually accept it and condone it by claiming "fairness" or some such infantile claim.

Well, the current administration -Biden is a puppet-  has the deal done except for what few extra concessions the Mullahs can extort - and an agreement will be completed.  More treasure will flow to the regime and much of it will be siphoned off to the EU through business deals.  Meanwhile, the Israelis are coming together across political lines to face what all of them now consider to be an existential threat.  The piece above explains just how they view this "deal" and what the world will look like in its wake.  It's worth a glance for those who care to see the future of the M.E.  Saudi Arabia is already beginning procurement efforts and Egypt is sure to soon follow that path.  I mean, it's only FAIR... right?

Islam already has the bomb. No doubt wealthy Islamic states purchased that expertise from Pakistan, decades ago. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

Islam already has the bomb. No doubt wealthy Islamic states purchased that expertise from Pakistan, decades ago. 

I wonder about that.  Yes, they'd likely be able to purchase the tech or even ready made devices but our non-proliferation regime - up until now anyway - has made such actions costly.

My specific issue isn't really with Islam in this case.  I understand that radical leaders in Pakistan could use a nuke but their government seems to be reasonably balanced and sane.  By ANY MEASURE, Iran is a danger to the region and the wider world.  Unless one denies the clear evidence of their arming of proxies surrounding Israel, it should be obvious from their own statements what their goals are.  They have been very clear and consistent.  The EU and our current administration, whoever is in charge, seem to have decided that Israel needs a counter-hegemon in the region.  Whether one supports Israel or hates them, this issue can have grave consequences for FAR more than just the Jews of Israel.

Netanyahu is using this deal as a campaign strategy to foster a sense of urgency in their government.  He knows that the day they test a weapon or even just announce that they have them, the window for action will be closed unless Israel is willing to roll the dice and hope they can intercept the nuke.  I sincerely hope that our current administration will be exposed if they choose to pressure Israel to refrain from taking action.  That should be Israel's choice.  Frankly, I wouldn't put it past the current DC crowd to actively warn Iran and give them intel of an incoming IAF strike.  

5 minutes ago, and-then said:

I wonder about that.  Yes, they'd likely be able to purchase the tech or even ready made devices but our non-proliferation regime - up until now anyway - has made such actions costly.

My specific issue isn't really with Islam in this case.  I understand that radical leaders in Pakistan could use a nuke but their government seems to be reasonably balanced and sane.  By ANY MEASURE, Iran is a danger to the region and the wider world.  Unless one denies the clear evidence of their arming of proxies surrounding Israel, it should be obvious from their own statements what their goals are.  They have been very clear and consistent.  The EU and our current administration, whoever is in charge, seem to have decided that Israel needs a counter-hegemon in the region.  Whether one supports Israel or hates them, this issue can have grave consequences for FAR more than just the Jews of Israel.

Netanyahu is using this deal as a campaign strategy to foster a sense of urgency in their government.  He knows that the day they test a weapon or even just announce that they have them, the window for action will be closed unless Israel is willing to roll the dice and hope they can intercept the nuke.  I sincerely hope that our current administration will be exposed if they choose to pressure Israel to refrain from taking action.  That should be Israel's choice.  Frankly, I wouldn't put it past the current DC crowd to actively warn Iran and give them intel of an incoming IAF strike.  

Some trust in chariots. You should trust in Israel, instead.

On 9/8/2022 at 1:05 PM, Hammerclaw said:

Some trust in chariots. You should trust in Israel, instead.

Actually, I trust in the God of Israel.  I'm confident that Israel will survive as a nation regardless of their losses but when the balloon goes up on this conflict it's likely going to pull most of the region in and it might even trigger nukes if Iran and Russia are being defeated.  What's coming is going to be horrific and the current administration - whoever is in control - is actively preparing the way by bolstering Iran, knowing that the billions that will flow into that nation WILL be invested in proxies.

7 hours ago, and-then said:

Actually, I trust in the God of Israel.  I'm confident that Israel will survive as a nation regardless of their losses but when the balloon goes up on this conflict it's likely going to pull most of the region in and it might even trigger nukes if Iran and Russia are being defeated.  What's coming is going to be horrific and the current administration - whoever is in control - is actively preparing the way by bolstering Iran, knowing that the billions that will flow into that nation WILL be invested in proxies.

Conveniently neglecting that uranium enrichment in Iran resumed only after Trump pulled out of the agreement.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Setton said:

Conveniently neglecting that uranium enrichment in Iran resumed only after Trump pulled out of the agreement.

Setton, the reality is that no one actually KNEW what was going on there, especially as some benefit of the JCPOA.  The IAEA was allowed to place and maintain seals on monitoring cameras that observed centrifuges.  They were of a very early design and the excess Low enriched uranium 3-5% was handed off to Russia for safe keeping :rolleyes:

So... I realize that rhetoric is popular but in reality Iran never even signed a document.  The IAEA could not perform unannounced inspections anywhere in Iran.  They had to have at least one month advanced notice.

Were you aware that traces of uranium and high explosive residues were detected at a site where explosives testing was done and they never allowed an inspection there?  https://security.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/13/possible-site-of-iran-explosive-tests-identified-think-tank-says/

When the IAEA made a fuss about Parchin, the Iranians moved onto the site, bulldozed the buildings and not only took away the debris.  They then EXCAVATED a huge amount of the soil on which the building had rested.  Yeah... nothing to see there huh?

The point is that you can blame Trump but all he did was give the cheating swine his middle finger and slapped them with new sanctions.  They've been clear about their goals for many years.  Not with their rhetoric but with their ACTIONS.  Well, now they've arrived at the threshold and when they decide to "step over it" the world isn't going to be better for it.  The one benefit I can think of, and it's small comfort, is that when the Israeli leadership finally decides they must go it alone, the world is finally going to get to see precisely how much restraint Israel has shown in past conflicts. :yes:

Once that war begins, the rest of the world is going to finally understand that an Iranian nuke isn't only Israel's problem.

@and-then

I don't really care if Iran acquires the bomb, and I think it's beneficial if they do, as that may temper unfair Israel's attacks on the Palestinians and other regional actors. 

As far as people not caring goes, let us not forget, various sources have been saying "any day now" for years about Iran getting the bomb. Ya, the little boy that cried wolf. 

21 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

@and-then

I don't really care if Iran acquires the bomb, and I think it's beneficial if they do, as that may temper unfair Israel's attacks on the Palestinians and other regional actors. 

As far as people not caring goes, let us not forget, various sources have been saying "any day now" for years about Iran getting the bomb. Ya, the little boy that cried wolf. 

Just found this. 

In 1992, a young member of Knesset, Benjamin Netanyahu, startled the Israeli public with a warning that Iran —  a dictatorship pledged to the destruction of the Jewish state —  was “three to five years” from attaining a nuclear weapon.

LINK

On 9/15/2022 at 9:13 PM, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

@and-then

Fair enough, but this isn't a supporter of Israel saying they are at the threshold of assembling a nuke.  This is IRAN SAYING they can.  Israel hasn't threatened anyone as a means of bullying or coercing behavior, with the single exception of keeping others from joining forces - as has happened several times - to literally destroy the state of Israel.  I've said it before and it's worth repeating.  When the Ayatollah's bomb becomes a reality, EVERY SINGLE missile launch detected by Israel, regardless where it begins, will have to be treated as a potential nuclear weapons strike.  

When Iran sees fit to announce they are a nuclear weapons state, I don't believe they will refrain from threatening Israel or Europe, FTM.  It will make the flow of energy out of the Persian Gulf region, a taxable commodity for Iran's leaders.  If they threaten nuclear retaliation, who would try them to see if they are bluffing.  Iran is NOT Russia or China.  It's a true theocracy masquerading as some kind of Republic.

As for "attacking Palestinians" Israel cannot and WILL NOT ever stop defending their citizens from the Hamas, Hizballah, or the other Iranian-backed terror groups whose sole purpose is to kill Israelis, weaken the state, and finally to cause it to collapse.  Those who deny that this is the goal of the Arab Muslims in the region, are ignoring the actual pronouncements of their leaders.  LOTS of nations have tried their versions of a "final solution" and while they've managed to kill millions, they always failed in their ultimate goals.  THEN they disappeared as a world power.  

This is worth a listen, even for Jew Haters:

https://carolineglick.com/21-years-later-the-u-s-still-doesnt-recognize-irans-role-in-9-11/

• Like 1