Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

General chess talk

Thistle

I just noticed that on four of my matches the timeouts have been suspended for 48 hours. I'm not complaining (!) just wondering what was going on?

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BurnSide

• Subtemperate

• Elfstone810

• Talon

I think its because the website is doing something behind the scenes, or something to that effect.... as all of my matches have the same thing.

Yup, mine too.

Annoying, but oh well.

• 1 month later...

Anyone want to play friendly matches on hotpawn?

I'll give you a game seen as i've finished all my tournament matches thumbsup.gif

I'm done all my games too. If anyone wants to challenge me on Hotpawn, feel free, i'd be up for the game. original.gif

Excellent. Except it got crazy busy here at work over the last day, so i'll move when i have a spare second on lunch or whatev. thumbsup.gif

• 4 weeks later...

You're mine this time Talon! I'm really enjoying this game. grin2.gif

And it's neck and neck with Saruman at the moment, we're down to our queens and kings, it's a mad dash with the pawns, who will win!? Nail biting!

And it's neck and neck with Saruman at the moment, we're down to our queens and kings, it's a mad dash with the pawns, who will win!? Nail biting!

This is one hell of a close game, it could still go either way. thumbsup.gif

hello, i am new to this site, i was wondering if any one would like to challenge me, and also does anyone know any sites where i can play chess without having to join, thanks in advanced.

redhotpawn.com is where everyone here plays, you have to join though just as you did here, but it doesn't cost anything.

Why is it that "en passant capture" is one of the least known rules in chess? It honestly drives me next to insane when I have to explain to someone what it is in the middle of the game.

'In blitz, the knight is stronger than the bishop.'

Vlastimil Hort

Hort is extremely right there... I play 1 min blitz games on zone.com and your knights are indeed up there.

Anybody else play blitz games?