Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Two Bigfoot sightings reported in South Carolina this summer

UM-Bot

So 1 guy heard knocking noises?    Now it is classified as a bigfoot sighting.   

• Like 1

I heard knocking in the woods yesterday. Turned out to be two trees hitting each other in the light breeze.

• Like 3

I wonder, could the tree knocking simply be some kind of the sound marking created of a foresters when they decide which trees are ready to put down?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jethrofloyd said:

I wonder, could the tree knocking simply be some kind of the sound marking created of a foresters when they decide which trees are ready to put down?

Maybe.   It is usually a woodpecker near me.  

It is not surprising the the guy says he found an impression where the creature was lying but he did not collect any hairs.  

• Like 3

Obviously, hearing knocks and concluding footie makes the least amount of assumptions.

Edited by Resume
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, DreadLordAvatar said:

What is your evidence? Were you there?

I went to the zoo and asked to see bigfoot. They didn't have any.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, DreadLordAvatar said:

The sighting by the family of 3 seems very plausible.

I agree, they may have seen something; that they saw a footie remains a question.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ell said:

I went to the zoo and asked to see bigfoot. They didn't have any.

Yeah, no one has one.  15000+ years of allegedly sharing the continent with ole foo and no one has brought one forth.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DreadLordAvatar said:

What is your evidence? Were you there?

Can you provide any sort of archaeological evidence in N America that the creature, as described, has ever existed? I'm talking bones and such not the hoaxed foot prints.

I'll wait...:whistle:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I�m firmly in the camp that a great deal of Bigfoot encounters are, at least 2, Bigfoot hunters or Bigfoot groups, unknowingly, calling or wood knocking to each other!
  • Like 3

I am willing to bet the first sighting was just deer in rut. The second one not so much.
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, DreadLordAvatar said:

The sighting by the family of 3 seems very plausible.

I agree that it is plausible that they seem something.  the description they gave was not of the typical bigfoot as we are told.  Perhaps a bear or a person in a costume.     

• Thanks 1

I confess, when I go for a walk in the woods, I often knock on trees with a branch and bellow insanely from time to time.  I blame crippling social anxiety brought on by COVID isolation.  I do it to scare people on the path away.  If it helps local tourism, so much the better.

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

I confess, when I go for a walk in the woods, I often knock on trees with a branch and bellow insanely from time to time.  I blame crippling social anxiety brought on by COVID isolation.  I do it to scare people on the path away.  If it helps local tourism, so much the better.

I like that

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, stereologist said:

I like that

There's a forest service road near the retirement property where you can sometimes give a wolf howl and have it returned; it is unclear however whether it's a an actual wolf or a human smart-ass.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Resume said:

There's a forest service road near the retirement property where you can sometimes give a wolf howl and have it returned; it is unclear however whether it's a an actual wolf or a human smart-ass.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Myles said:

I agree that it is plausible that they seem something.  the description they gave was not of the typical bigfoot as we are told.  Perhaps a bear or a person in a costume.     

At this point with the still complete and total lack of evidence to support bigfoot its safe to include a dork in a costume in the list and that is divided into sub groups like a deliberate hoaxer or a hunter in a ghilli suit.

As cynical and skeptical as i am i do not subscribe that most claims of BF,  ghosts aliens whatever come out of nowhere or delusions, drugs, drinking etc but rather there is a stimulus then the witness might go with a respectable admission they dont know what the devil they saw or the jokers who know it wasnt anything but want to look cool and bs and embellish then the ones who insist it can only be paranormal yet call us skeptics the closed minded.

planting a seed, see what you want to see, the roswell case was balloon debris as in the orginal report but marcell breaches all protocol of national security and brings home wreckage and tells his kid its "alien" so the kid grows up sure it was alien even though evidence showed that wasnt the case.

• Like 1