Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why are we so fascinated by dragons ?

UM-Bot

golden Chinese dragon in space with the planet earth Stock Vector | Adobe  Stock The Chinese Zodiac! :w00t: I was born in the year of the Dragon.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

House of the Dragon looks ''meh'' so far

• Like 1

I think we are fascinated because we have memories of them, just like a lot of other things like unicorns, from life on other planets.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

golden Chinese dragon in space with the planet earth Stock Vector | Adobe  Stock The Chinese Zodiac! :w00t: I was born in the year of the Dragon.

So was I.  

• Like 1

Weird, they dont do much for me.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, the13bats said:

Weird, they dont do much for me.

I would say this is the first time I've given them any thought at all.

• Thanks 1

I like dragons, I like Bruce Lee, I too was born in the year of the dragon.  They are a mythical beast that represents great power.  Unstoppable really.  They are an unstoppable force like the hand of God.  The word dragon is found in the Bible, and there was a time when people feared them as something real, and even in recent times, certain Christian groups believe there is a devil, aka, Satan, and he is known as the great dragon/beast of the Book of Revelation, the last book of the Bible, also known as the Apocalypse of St. John. So , yeah, some people still believe in dragons.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Resume said:

I would say this is the first time I've given them any thought at all.

besides tinkerbell i just dont have much interest in fantasy based creatures,

I guess the credulous have more fun.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Guyver said:

I like dragons, I like Bruce Lee, I too was born in the year of the dragon.  They are a mythical beast that represents great power.  Unstoppable really.  They are an unstoppable force like the hand of God.  The word dragon is found in the Bible, and there was a time when people feared them as something real, and even in recent times, certain Christian groups believe there is a devil, aka, Satan, and he is known as the great dragon/beast of the Book of Revelation, the last book of the Bible, also known as the Apocalypse of St. John. So , yeah, some people still believe in dragons.

John be trippin'.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2022 at 11:35 PM, Guyver said:

I was interested in your comment about dragon being in the Bible. Many sites agree that the word dragon is in the Bible, but there is great disagreement about how many times. I see 13, 21, and 35 as possible answers.

The word of interest is tanniyn, which translates to sea serpent or dragon.

https://bam.sites.uiowa.edu/RTL/tanniyn

https://www.crosswalk.com/faith/bible-study/are-there-dragons-in-the-bible.html

There is much conversation and debate about the specific translation of these words and whether they support the existence of dragons, dinosaurs, or sea monsters or are better translated by terms referring to other animals or beasts.

Interesting. Thanks for pointing this out

3 hours ago, stereologist said:

The word of interest is tanniyn, which translates to sea serpent or dragon.

Which may well be one and the same thing if the late Marduk's hypothesis is correct.   Although correctly the translation would be whale (or rather the remains of a whale - which appear serpentine in appearence, and may have been the orgin of myths about sea serpents and dragons)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Essan said:

Which may well be one and the same thing if the late Marduk's hypothesis is correct.   Although correctly the translation would be whale (or rather the remains of a whale - which appear serpentine in appearence, and may have been the orgin of myths about sea serpents and dragons)

As I tried to suggest, the meanings of words are often difficult. Here the Bible offers a few places of word usage where the correct translation is difficult.