Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Biden giving political prime-time speech to address ‘extremist threat’ by MAGA Republicans

OverSword

The White House denounced supporters of President Donald Trump on Wednesday, accusing them of posing an “extremist threat to our democracy.”

White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre began the daily briefing by condemning Republican leaders for their dangerous rhetoric but also said that President Joe Biden believed supporters of former President Donald Trump were also a threat.

Let me be very clear, it’s not just Republican leadership, it’s not just that blanket right?” she said to reporters. “He’s talking about an extreme portion, an extreme part of the party.”

Jean-Pierre previewed the president’s speech planned for Thursday about restoring the “soul of Democracy” and warned of “extreme” Republicans.

“When you are supporting an authoritarian figure, as we have seen, who is leading, currently leading, the former president, you know, and um saying and inciting the violence that you are or wanting to take our freedoms, you know we need to say something,” she said.

Jean Pierre asserted there was “more examples we can count” of Trump supporters and Republican leaders  demonstrating their threats to democracy.

She specifically complained about Gov. Ron DeSantis for calling for Dr. Anthony Fauci to be “physically assaulted” when he said that “someone needs to grab that little elf and chuck him across the Potomac.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/08/31/white-house-says-donald-trump-supporters-are-a-threat-to-our-democracy/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Trump did that.

Trump did that too.

You're welcome to your opinion as am I.  As an outsider I doubt you can appreciate exactly how corrupt our media had become.  Trump was NEVER expected to win and once he did, the DC bureaucracy and its media arm went into full attack mode.  They spun lies and slanders daily for 4 years and it was that attack that caused the dissension  and a hardening of political will.  All it did was validate the opinion of the Right that DC was corrupt and would do anything to retain power.  You are obviously a Left-leaning person politically, so it comes as no surprise that you'd be on the hate Trump train.  My statement stands.  Americans can grow up and learn to ignore the media inspired anger and hate or we can lose the nation.  There is no third way.  NONE.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

We already reached the point where many don’t trust the vote and that is largely because of trump. Trump winning the presidency would be bad for America. Time for something new, someone patriotic and someone that can convince the parties to compromise. That someone is not Donald Trump. He’s almost as cancerous as the democrats. 

Any thoughts on who might be that unicorn mythical 'someone'? :hmm:

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

I would say that either Tulsi Gabbard or Nikki Haley could be that person. Certainly it has to be someone capable of telling their own party to suck it when necessary for the greater good. That is where I think Tulsi may be a better choice from what I’ve seen. She’s already been stabbed in the back by the democrats so should be able to do just that.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I would say that either Tulsi Gabbard or Nikki Haley could be that person. 

If I was an American (and a Republican) I would have voted for John Kasich in the last primaries.

Edit: Sorry, the 2016 primaries.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 5

15 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

If I was an American (and a Republican) I would have voted for John Kasich in the last primaries.

Edit: Sorry, the 2016 primaries.

I never vote for either of the big two as giving them your vote is a sign of approval. Neither one deserves that as neither does anything to fix our real problem which is congress and the senate.  Corrupt AF

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

I never vote for either of the big two as giving them your vote is a sign of approval.

I usually vote for the third party (the NDP here) because I'm a lefty. :tu:

• Like 4

Just now, Likely Guy said:

I usually vote for the third party (the NDP here) because I'm a lefty. :tu:

I vote Libertarian because I believe the largest minority is the individual and the individuals rights and freedom count the most. I don’t believe in bailouts for corporations or social programs for people that won’t make an effort. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I vote Libertarian because I believe the largest minority is the individual and the individuals rights and freedom count the most. I don’t believe in bailouts for corporations or social programs for people that won’t make an effort. 

I can see your point and agree with it (except that it seems a bit 'boot strappy' to me as far as social programs go).

C'est la vie.

• Like 3

The news tonight was all about this. There's a big concert, Made In America, that happens on the Parkway every Labor Day too. It's going to be interesting to see how security is going to work. They said there are roads that will close without notice and some may not open again until Tuesday. Police Commissioner says she's ready. The mayor says that too but they didn't do much about the raging crime in Philly. There were problems at the big Parkway concert on the 4th of July.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

@Likely Guy I'm sorry. I did edit my post while you were liking it. I'm watching the speech tomorrow. I don't think anything will happen there.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

The assumption seems to be that the Left would refrain from their viciousness and illegal behavior if the nominee isn't Trump.  That's wishful thinking and is not supported by reality.  If DeSantis ran, they'd tie him to Trump and use the same kind of attacks that they used for years on Trump.  The reality is that our system is broken and DC has made the choice to to tear this nation apart if they can't retain their power.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, and-then said:

The assumption seems to be that the Left would refrain from their viciousness and illegal behavior if the nominee isn't Trump.  That's wishful thinking and is not supported by reality.  If DeSantis ran, they'd tie him to Trump and use the same kind of attacks that they used for years on Trump.  The reality is that our system is broken and DC has made the choice to to tear this nation apart if they can't retain their power.  

I see your point and even your sincerity.  From this side, it is a mirror image.  It seems like DeSantis side is trying to destroy the Constitution and rule of law and establish a religious authoritarian state.  Hard to bridge that gulf.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I see your point and even your sincerity.  From this side, it is a mirror image.  It seems like DeSantis side is trying to destroy the Constitution and rule of law and establish a religious authoritarian state.  Hard to bridge that gulf.

What?!?! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, and-then said:

I never thought I'd live to see a U.S. president who would intentionally set the stage for conflict between Americans.  There is no other reason for this.  Short of some "miracle", the Dems will lose the House in about two months which means he will become a lame duck for his last two years.  I believe the DC crowd understands that Republicans WILL retake the Oval Office in '24 and if Trump is the winner, they will simply refuse to accept him.  They and their media will name him illegitimate regardless of the number of votes and when our nation reaches the point where the vote is no longer respected, the nation falls.  It isn't rocket science.  Neither half of this nation will ever allow the "other" half to rule over them.  My question for Democrats is, who will benefit from that?  It certainly won't be any American.

image (1).webp

Edited by MGB
Trump reposted this on truth social
  • Thanks 5

Does the above meme reposted by Trump on truth social appear to be reducing the heat? That is about as extremist as you can get.

Edited by MGB
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, and-then said:

I never thought I'd live to see a U.S. president who would intentionally set the stage for conflict between Americans. 

Not true you were and are a loyal trump subject.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, MGB said:

Does the above meme reposted by Trump on truth social appear to be reducing the heat? That is about as extremist as you can get.

That meme is exactly like the Bible Incident outside the White House. Where Trump had peaceful protesters attacked and gassed so that he could send a message to the extremist elements of his base by standing in front of a Church Holding a upside down Bible. I mean did he really think people were so stupid to think there was a religious meaning to that charade. Even the Pope denounced Trump as anti-religious and how often does or has that ever happened?

Pope Francis Says Donald Trump Is 'Not Christian: 

Pope Francis took umbrage at comments Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump has made about immigrants, saying in an interview that the real estate mogul was "not Christian: https://abcnews.go.com/International/pope-francis-donald-trump-christian/story?id=37024966

• Like 4