Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

GPs given record pay rises in Covid pandemic

itsnotoutthere

GPs saw their earnings rise to £142,000 during the pandemic in a Covid pay boom, new data show.

The official NHS figures reveal that as surgeries closed their doors to patients, routinely restricting face-to-face appointments, doctors’ incomes rose to unprecedented heights.

GP partners – who make up the majority of family doctors – saw average incomes rise by £20,000 to £142,000 in the 12 months after the first lockdown.

The 17 per cent rise, the largest on record, came as the NHS moved to a system of “total triage”, with patients refused GP appointments in person unless they had a telephone consultation first.

Some of the extra money will have come from delivering the Covid vaccine rollout and because GPs were paid for tasks they no longer had to do during the pandemic.  

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/gps-given-record-pay-rises-in-covid-pandemic/ar-AA11mR8D?ocid=BingHPC

Never enough money. :hmm:

On 9/2/2022 at 4:25 AM, itsnotoutthere said:

Never enough money. :hmm:

Hi It’s 

They we’re working long hours and weekends so yes getting paid to be there was a part of that increase and should have gone back to their salary schedule 

On 9/5/2022 at 1:32 AM, jmccr8 said:

Hi It’s 

They we’re working long hours and weekends so yes getting paid to be there was a part of that increase and should have gone back to their salary schedule 

"Government research revealed that most GPs now work three days or fewer a week following a “substantial” fall in hours since the pandemic. The figures for 2021 showed 58.4 per cent of family doctors working six half-day sessions or less – the equivalent of three days"

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

"Government research revealed that most GPs now work three days or fewer a week following a “substantial” fall in hours since the pandemic. The figures for 2021 showed 58.4 per cent of family doctors working six half-day sessions or less – the equivalent of three days"

Hi Its

I don’t know how your system works and to be honest for as often as I see a doctor they don’t make much money on me. I know that at one time here they got paid per visit so the more people they saw the more they made. I don’t know it that is still the same as it was but all doctors got paid by the government here anyway.

• 1 month later...