Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

COVID app that detects virus in your voice 'more accurate than lateral flow tests'

Still Waters

A mobile phone app can detect COVID in people's voices with "potentially high precision" using artificial intelligence (AI), according to researchers.

An AI model was said to be 89% accurate and is cheap to use, which means it could be adopted in low-income countries where PCR tests are more expensive.

Results can be provided in less than a minute and are said to be a "significant improvement" on the accuracy of lateral flow tests, scientists said.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-app-that-detects-virus-in-your-voice-more-accurate-than-lateral-flow-tests-12690450

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

:unsure: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  . no, sorry, I have nothing. Jeez. I'm too old, I can't keep up with the madness.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

I'm too old, I can't keep up with the madness.

80 isn't "old" these days! :o

My mom had her marbles intact until she was 86!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think we should be training more dogs to detect disease. Some breeds have a sense of smell 600 times better than ours.

.....which is insane!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I heard about that phone app detect covid  in peoples voices or the one that does say if you're exposed to who is affected with covid . I didn't like the idea of that on my phone when they put new up dates with in provider I used however, I disable it because I didn't ask for it for one, other reason is why would I have something to put me in fear were I have to look on the app where I go on my businesses with an artificial intelligence {AI}. That tells me it's too excessive to have such an app on your phone with that {AI} shows where you been etc, that's freaky.