Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Queen Elizabeth II has died, aged 96

Still Waters

So...of course...the question(s)...(already answered)...begin:  What will happen if/when The Queen dies?  

Here is an interesting article providing most of the answers to those questions.  This quote is far into the article but answers the question of what if The Queen dies outside of London?

The most complicated situation will be if the Queen passes while at Balmoral Castle in Scotland, where she spends every summer, and where Scottish rituals would take place after her death.

She would be moved to Holyroodhouse in Edinburgh, then be carried up the city’s Royal Mile to St. Giles Cathedral for a service before being placed on the Royal Train to London.

Her subjects will likely wait along the route to throw flowers and pay their respects as her train passes by.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

The BBC have added live reporting.

Statements from the palace on the Queen's health are unusual, according to royal author Robert Hardman.

He tells the BBC: "The palace don’t normally issue bulletins on the Queen’s health, unless it's significant."

"The last time a statement as it were came out of the blue was to let us know earlier this year that she’d been diagnosed with Covid," he says.

"But on the whole, the view is if she’s not undergoing some sort of hospital medical procedure then these are private matters... so clearly the fact the Palace has seen fit to put out a statement is grounds for concern."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-62834633

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

All indications are that the public are being prepared for an announcement

The fact BBC announcers are all in black, all BBC1 TV scheduling has been cancelled and (reportedly) all members of the Royal Family - including Harry and Meghan - are at or heading to Balmoral, suggests there'll probably be an announcement this evening.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

Something is going on and it has been quite sudden, maybe a stroke or a turn of some type ?

Moment Liz Truss and Sir Keir Starmer suddenly leave Parliament after being handed notes about the Queen.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/moment-liz-truss-sir-keir-24964613

• Sad 3

This is such sad news. I really hope the best for her, but this doesn't sound good. I've always admired the Queen and, as an older person, I've never known another British Monarch. CNN is giving live updates.

https://www.cnn.com/uk/live-news/queen-elizabeth-health-concerns-intl-gbr/index.html

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3

Sadly, with the way 'The Firm' works, "under medical supervision" most likely means she's already dead, and the entire Royal Family is in headless chicken mode.

• Sad 3

4 minutes ago, acute said:

Sadly, with the way 'The Firm' works, "under medical supervision" most likely means she's already dead, and the entire Royal Family is in headless chicken mode.

Charles will step up and take his place. His mother has been training him for a couple of years now. She was a wise woman.

• Like 3

The seven members of the Royal Family flying up to Balmoral is all about choreography.

It's a clever way to signal to the public how serious this is, without actually saying it.

Edited by acute
  • Like 6

One would presume her death has already leaked to the media, but they are prevented from announcing it.

Whole family going to her site, media all dressed in black, changing of the guard suspended, she is gone.

Edited by Cookie Monster
  • Like 2
  • Sad 3

I'm watching France 24 news. They are covering what's happening at Balmoral. They showed William and Kate arriving and they said Andrew and Edward were in Aberdeen on their way. 

1 minute ago, ethereal_scout said:

:(

Hope all improves.

I really hope she shocks us all and pulls through, but this is not looking good. A France 24 reporter said the announcement could come in an hour.

• Like 1

For those who don't have access to European news and are following this thread, here's a live link to Sky News. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

media all dressed in black,

In the House of Commons, earlier.....

After Angela Rayner whispered in Keir Starmer's ear, he left the chamber and came back wearing a black tie.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, acute said:

After Angela Rayner whispered in Keir Starmer's ear, he left the chamber and came back wearing a black tie.

France 24 has said that Liz Truss was handed a note about the Queen and left Parliament to head to Balmoral. They also said many European TV stations have preempted broadcasting to cover what is happening at Balmoral. This is serious.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, acute said:

I may be old-fashioned, but wearing black before someone has died is very rude and disrespectful IMHO. Talk about rushing her on her way! :cry:

• Like 3

Just now, ouija ouija said:

I may be old-fashioned, but wearing black before someone has died is very rude and disrespectful IMHO. Talk about rushing her on her way! :cry:

It's not disrespectful if she's already passed.

• Like 3

They just said crowds are beginning to gather at Buckingham Palace. I understand that's where the announcement of her death would be made.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Sky news presenter was looking emotional then, she is having to keep it quiet until 6pm

I agree. 6 o'clock.

I'll be surprised if they can keep it quiet any later than that.

• Like 2

Just now, acute said:

I agree. 6 o'clock.

I'll be surprised if they can keep it quiet any later than that.

The BBC is suspended from live presenting until 6pm, thats another sign, its to stop it slipping out before the designated time.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, susieice said:

For those who don't have access to European news and are following this thread, here's a live link to Sky News. 

Unfortunately not available in Canada.  But, thank you, Susie

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

The BBC is suspended from live presenting until 6pm, thats another sign, its to stop it slipping out before the designated time.

The Sky News link is still live. Why 6 PM? Curious.

• The title was changed to Queen Elizabeth II has died, aged 96