Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Queen Elizabeth II has died, aged 96

Still Waters

Apparently, Kate also didn't go to Balmoral so she could get the children off to their first day of school.

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Very sad news across the pond. I'm sure she was a great lady and I know you guys love your royal family. I dont know who's next in line but after you're done mourning please consider abolishing the monarchy. It's long past due and there's no reason that one family should be born above the law and into untold wealth at your expense. RIP 

Can there be an England without the Monarchy?  The Monarchy has no real power, it is just a living legacy.  But it is a national treasure and should be protected as such.  World history for the last thousand years can be marked by it.  How many people would be willing to give up their freedom for duty?  Not many and that is why the Crown should be respected.  No one can blame Harry for his rebellion. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, susieice said:

Apparently, Kate also didn't go to Balmoral so she could get the children off to their first day of school.

The kids could have gone with Kate but there's an argument that the kids don't need to be in the middle of that. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

The kids could have gone with Kate but there's an argument that the kids don't need to be in the middle of that. 

No. They will be involved somewhat with the grief of the funeral. It's hard for us but we need to remember that they are a family. She was their great grandmother and they were close to her.

I guess I may owe Meghan an apology.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3

It's official the he will be Charles III.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Can there be an England without the Monarchy?  The Monarchy has no real power, it is just a living legacy.  But it is a national treasure and should be protected as such.  World history for the last thousand years can be marked by it.  How many people would be willing to give up their freedom for duty?  Not many and that is why the Crown should be respected.  No one can blame Harry for his rebellion. 

I dont think the monarchy should be disrespected or tarnished. It should be relegated to history and museums. I can't grasp how the people of England can woe about their poor and moan about the struggles of the working class while happily supporting a lavish life of luxury, security, maids and butlers for one special family who are only as human as their subjects.

• Like 2

Just now, F3SS said:

I dont think the monarchy should be disrespected or tarnished. It should be relegated to history and museums. I can't grasp how the people of England can woe about their poor and moan about the struggles of the working class while happily supporting a lavish life of luxury, security, maids and butlers for one special family who are only as human as their subjects.

The royal family brings in substantially more in tourism income than they cost.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Setton said:

The royal family brings in substantially more in tourism income than they cost.

Right, like Mickey Mouse. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The National Anthem lyrics will now be changed following the Queen’s death

The lyrics for the National Anthem are now due to be changed, following the death of Queen Elizabeth - who passed away at the age of 96 earlier today. 

‘God Save the Queen’ is the national anthem in the UK, British Crown dependencies and a number of Commonwealth realms and their territories. 

But with a female monarch no longer on the throne, will the lyrics have to change? In short, yes. 

With Prince Charles now King, The British and Commonwealth anthem is expected to revert to the male version that was in use before Queen Elizabeth ascended the throne. 

https://www.ladbible.com/news/queen-dies-national-anthem-changes-20220908

• Like 3

The funeral will be held at Westminster Abbey, with a two-minutes’ silence held across the country at midday.   

As the funeral will take place 10 days after the Queen’s death, it is expected that Queen Elizabeth will be laid to rest on 18 September, which is a Sunday. 

'Operation London Bridge' has come into effect, marking a 10-day period leading up to the Queen's funeral and Charles' ascension to the throne. 

This comes to an end with a state funeral on the 10th day, with processions due to take place before the Queen is buried in Windsor Castle's King George VI Memorial Chapel. 

https://www.ladbible.com/news/queen-funeral-no-bank-holiday-20220908

Queen to be laid to rest alongside Prince Philip after he's moved from Royal Vault

The Queen is set to be buried on the grounds of Windsor Castle as Prince Philip will be moved to rest beside her. 

Her husband, Prince Philip - the Duke of Edinburgh - passed away last year on 9 April, 2021, at the age of 99.

He was buried in the Royal Vault at St George's Chapel. However, he is expected to be moved so he can be laid to rest next to his wife of 73 years.

https://www.ladbible.com/news/queen-prince-philip-buried-alongside-20220908

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

It's official the he will be Charles III.

Charleses really don’t go well, governmentally speaking….

• Haha 4

She earnt her final rest, I think. 
I’d have gone out with a bang and told Liz Truss to get stuffed and tell them to call an election instead. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I’d have gone out with a bang and told Liz Truss to get stuffed and tell them to call an election instead.

I was thinking a similar thing on Tuesday.

Accept Bozo's resignation, then ask Keir Starmer (instead of Liz Truss) to form a government! :D

Edited by acute

12 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Charleses really don’t go well, governmentally speaking….

That was one of the reasons why I guessed George. Maybe he thinks third time's the charm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Unexpected.

Russian president Vladimir Putin has written to King Charles III following the news of Queen Elizabeth II's death.

The rest is in the link.

https://www.ladbible.com/news/vladimir-putin-king-charles-queen-elizabeth-ii-death-20220908

• Like 3

Question. Now that Charles is King, William and Kate will be invested as the Prince and Princess of Wales. Who would be titled the Duke of York, Harry or George? Just curious. I don't know how that works. It seems the Duke of York is the heir if something would happen and that would be George.

42 minutes ago, susieice said:

Question. Now that Charles is King, William and Kate will be invested as the Prince and Princess of Wales. Who would be titled the Duke of York, Harry or George? Just curious. I don't know how that works. It seems the Duke of York is the heir if something would happen and that would be George.

George, because Harry’s retired from Royal,Duties

• Like 1

Rest in peace, Queen Elizabeth. 

I hope Charles is ready. This seems very sudden in the US.

• Like 3