Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Potentially habitable extrasolar planet discovered

UM-Bot

Book your tickets now... Early bird discount available... 

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Highly doubtful whether those planets really close to their star are habitable. They are for example tidally locked so temperature would only be right in a narrow zone.

On 9/10/2022 at 3:41 AM, jethrofloyd said:

Can we all from Earth move there?

Go for it!

10 hours ago, fred_mc said:

Highly doubtful whether those planets really close to their star are habitable. They are for example tidally locked so temperature would only be right in a narrow zone.

Not all of them. I am guessing if there is liquid water it isn't, because it would evaporate off the bright side and freeze on the other. The temperature wouldn't be moderate enough, but even in that case there must be a band on the horizon that stays pretty nice.

We live on one so there has to be other habitual planets we will find one soon or they will find us. That is if they haven’t already. The universe is pretty much endless so that makes the chance for another planet like ours better than slim.

Edited by Freez1
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I don't know why some people are aggressively resistant to the thoughts of advanced, intelligent life on other planets. 

Must be a narcissist thing I guess.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1