Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bigelow returns with new $1M effort to contact the 'other side'

UM-Bot

• The title was changed to Bigelow returns with new $1M effort to contact the 'other side'

My bf just died and some odd things have been happening that I have only seen once before, right after my friend joked about haunting me and then died. It is interesting but I can't see any way to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that it is a consciousness doing it....
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I can't think of anything new that hasn't been done already; mediums with specific information, ghosts, EVPs. secret messages, childhood reincarnation memories, etcetera. The $1M best of the best though will certainly generate controversy but I think it will be very convincing to the fair-minded.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I can't think of anything new that hasn't been done already; mediums with specific information, ghosts, EVPs. secret messages, childhood reincarnation memories, etcetera.

Most of those are just BS, promo feats and self-deceit. There are some cases though which are really curious but those are rare and rarely talked of because of their private character in relation to the reporter's consciousness. These matters are very delicate and sensitive, when you speak out of these things you feel like you're ruining something.

3 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

My bf just died and some odd things have been happening that I have only seen once before, right after my friend joked about haunting me and then died. It is interesting but I can't see any way to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that it is a consciousness doing it....

My condolences on your loss

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Chaldon said:

Most of those are just BS, promo feats and self-deceit. There are some cases though which are really curious but those are rare and rarely talked of because of their private character in relation to the reporter's consciousness. These matters are very delicate and sensitive, when you speak out of these things you feel like you're ruining something.

Well, I guess I see it quite differently. There are tons that are more than 'promo feats and self-deceit'. Enough for me to feel that 'the other side' exists beyond reasonable doubt.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

Get the million from Bigelow and he will accept anything. NIDS and skinwalker ranch are proof of that

• Like 1

11 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I can't think of anything new that hasn't been done already; mediums with specific information, ghosts, EVPs. secret messages, childhood reincarnation memories, etcetera. The $1M best of the best though will certainly generate controversy but I think it will be very convincing to the fair-minded.

It will be convincing the the easily duped. That's the way this has worked for centuries.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Well, I guess I see it quite differently. There are tons that are more than 'promo feats and self-deceit'. Enough for me to feel that 'the other side' exists beyond reasonable doubt.

I thought this was typical stuck in the box thinking: "I can't think of anything new that hasn't been done already;"

The notion of 'the other side' is just belief.  It is not based on evidence. It is based on wishful thinking. Franky, it sounds good to me too. I simply see no reason to believe in it. No amount of story telling and story retelling becomes evidence. Like I said, it is comforting to think there is more than this life. There is no evidence for it, nor is there evidence against it. Maybe there is 'the other side'. Maybe there is not.

As humans we can side one way or the other. We might even decide not to choose a side.

I think the universe is a much more beautiful place with no gods or other side or any of the other things we cannot prove or disprove. Others think the universe is more beautiful because it has gods and the other side. Neither of us can provide evidence one way or the other. Maybe I'm right, or maybe I'm wrong on the unevidenced issue. What I am certain of is that there is no evidence to support either position. There are many pretending it does exist but they never provide it. I suppose they do not want to admit to themselves that their ideas are based on wishful thinking and so they'd rather lie to others that the evidence is there, that it exists beyond a reasonable doubt.

• Like 1

First the essay competition and now this.

Is it possible that Bigelow is somehow using these nonsense competitions as a tax dodge somehow? 

Strereo, you just contradicted yourself

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

Franky, it sounds good to me too.

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

I think the universe is a much more beautiful place with no gods or other side or any of the other things we cannot prove or disprove. 

• Confused 1

I feel very strongly that there is something for us when we leave this life. It took me a long time to accept it but it’s not one of those things you can just tell someone and expect them to believe in it. It took losing many friends and relatives over the years. And then I lost my mother a few years back. And within a few days I could be anywhere at anytime of the day or night and I could feel the presence of those people. As if they were standing in front of me and I walked straight through them. And the weird part was that my mind was not focused on them it happened out of blue. I could sense who it was but I couldn’t see or hear them. So as far as evidence goes to communicate with the deceased I seriously doubt it goes beyond that but I could be wrong. Maybe there is others who sense more than I do. I feel like they are not visible as if they are all around us but we continue our lives without knowing it. But a few can sense them. Sounds nuts but it’s what I believe.

Edited by Freez1
  • Like 4

Quantum entanglement, proven countless times, has some curious implications.

• Like 3

On 9/13/2022 at 8:49 PM, rjambalong said:

Type lamuroc milam in youtube this guy able to talk to any unexplane spirit on another world

Hi this is serius, human body can easylly penetrated by a spirit or soul from unexplain word...and lamuroc milam can deal talk with them...

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, rjambalong said:

Hi this is serius, human body can easylly penetrated by a spirit or soul from unexplain word...and lamuroc milam can deal talk with them...

YN_Logo.jpg?height=628&pad_color=ffffff&

• Like 2

On 9/13/2022 at 12:46 AM, Freez1 said:

I feel very strongly that there is something for us when we leave this life. It took me a long time to accept it but it’s not one of those things you can just tell someone and expect them to believe in it. It took losing many friends and relatives over the years. And then I lost my mother a few years back. And within a few days I could be anywhere at anytime of the day or night and I could feel the presence of those people. As if they were standing in front of me and I walked straight through them. And the weird part was that my mind was not focused on them it happened out of blue. I could sense who it was but I couldn’t see or hear them. So as far as evidence goes to communicate with the deceased I seriously doubt it goes beyond that but I could be wrong. Maybe there is others who sense more than I do. I feel like they are not visible as if they are all around us but we continue our lives without knowing it. But a few can sense them. Sounds nuts but it’s what I believe.

Thats just it isnt it belief?  grief how humans deal with loss is a very personal thing you and i went different sides of the fork in the road as i got older i lost things, friends family health, other less tangible things too.

i dont feel those lost around me and its not because of some hokey flaw in me that im not open to it unless the thing im not open to is pointless delusions of fantasy that only serves to further let me down.

How bad it would suck to be lets say the out of body spirit or soul of my grandmother, in her early 90s the stroke that stopped her living a day after took away "her" but believers would say shes still fluttering around out there, she gets to see my need and dispair and cant comfort me what hell that would be for her and how self centered for me to think that way.

All i can offer you is a bit of envy of the comfort people like you seem to get from belief.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2022 at 8:13 PM, UM-Bot said:

Robert Bigelow is offering grants of up to $1M to fund an attempt to communicate with someone who has died.

I'm afraid money is only powerful to us while we are here, you can't control the paranormal Mr Bigelow.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, the13bats said:

How bad it would suck to be lets say the out of body spirit or soul of my grandmother, in her early 90s the stroke that stopped her living a day after took away "her" but believers would say shes still fluttering around out there, she gets to see my need and dispair and cant comfort me what hell that would be for her and how self centered for me to think that way.

But she's always with you bats and always will be. She's in your heart and DNA even if you don't believe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/12/2022 at 6:13 AM, UM-Bot said:

Robert Bigelow is offering grants of up to $1M to fund an attempt to communicate with someone who has died.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/360615/bigelow-returns-with-new-1m-effort-to-contact-the-other-side

Can you just imagine the line of charlatans who will line up for this gilden goose.

A fool and his money....

• Like 2

On 9/13/2022 at 12:32 AM, papageorge1 said:

Strereo, you just contradicted yourself

I did not contradict myself. Go back and check. I stated that i even sounds good to me as if it were nice if it were the case.

Just because something sounds good does not mean I believe it. I like lots of things that I don't believe such as super heroes, stories of monsters, and lots of other fiction.

I followed up what I don't believe, even if it sounds good, with what I do believe.

• Thanks 1