Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Seven times people discovered the Americas - and how they got there

UM-Bot

2 hours ago, UM-Bot said:

Christopher Columbus reached the Americas in 1492, but he certainly wasn't the first to do so.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/360630/seven-times-people-discovered-the-americas--and-how-they-got-there

Why in the logs of Colombus does he write that when they first met the people in Cuba, they knew who Ghenghis Khan was?

What about the Mali? The logs of Colombus say there were two trading ships they met in Cuba manned by Africans trading gold spear tips. The Mali have 2 historical accounts that we know of where they were travelling to the Americas to sell gold spear tips.

32 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Why in the logs of Colombus does he write that when they first met the people in Cuba, they knew who Ghenghis Khan was?

What about the Mali? The logs of Colombus say there were two trading ships they met in Cuba manned by Africans trading gold spear tips. The Mali have 2 historical accounts that we know of where they were travelling to the Americas to sell gold spear tips.

This is rubbish!  The people of Cuba knew nothing of Genghis Khan and no Africans traded directly with Cuba in the late fifteenth century. Gold spear tips? Pull the other one!

When Columbus landed in Cuba, he didn't know where he was!! He thought he was in India, so he called the Cuban natives Indians.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

When Columbus landed in Cuba, he thought he was in India!! So, he called the natives Indians.

It is a pity Columbus didn't thought he was in Atlantis. How cool it would sound if he have called the natives Atlanteans. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jethrofloyd said:

It is a pity Columbus didn't thought he was in Atlantis. How cool it would sound if he have called the natives Atlanteans. :)

According to Edgar Cayce the "Red Race" did come from Atlantis.......except the Mound Builders. We were Jews.^_^

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

What a crock of manure......

• Like 3

5 hours ago, UM-Bot said:

Christopher Columbus reached the Americas in 1492, but he certainly wasn't the first to do so.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/360630/seven-times-people-discovered-the-americas--and-how-they-got-there

The Na Dine between 3-5,000 years ago is on point. They brought the bow and arrow with them so it was probably closer to 3. The earlier number is Navajo propaganda poop.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Holy crap do you make this up as you go or does it just dribble down your chin. Seriously you need to supply sources when you post off beat information like this to conversations. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

I look forward to a new bunch of Americans introducing themselves as "I'm Na-Dene American"

The proper term for Apaches and Navajos is "Dine". That's just among academics and SJWs though.

Our Apache operator doesn't give a **** what you call him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Piney said:

The proper term for Apaches and Navajos is "Dine". That's just among academics and SJWs though.

Our Apache operator doesn't give a **** what you call him.

My blackfoot friends are the same. They don’t mind me using Blackfoot, Siksika, or even Niitsitapi which means “the people”. Some of the elders pat me on the head like a good little puppy who’s learned a few words no matter how horribly I might pronounce them.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, newbloodmoon said:

My blackfoot friends are the same. They don’t mind me using Blackfoot, Siksika, or even Niitsitapi which means “the people”. Some of the elders pat me on the head like a good little puppy who’s learned a few words no matter how horribly I might pronounce them.

Nii sii tapii.  "We the People".

Lii Napii "The People" in Southern Unami.

Tapi just means "people" and Blackfoot is a close relative of Lenape.

@Abramelin Notice the consonant shift. :P

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Piney said:

Nii sii tapii.  "We the People".

Lii Napii "The People" in Southern Unami.

Tapi just means "people" and Blackfoot is a close relative of Lenape.

@Abramelin Notice the consonant shift. :P

Which isn’t too difficult to suss out once it’s known that linguistically both tribes speak Algonquin, though some words have changed over time along due to separation from the parent group. (Overly simplistic explanation I know)

Edited by newbloodmoon
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, newbloodmoon said:

Which isn’t too difficult to suss out once it’s known that linguistically both tribes speak Algonquin, though some words have changed over time along due to separation from the parent group. (Overly simplistic explanation I know)

Cheyenne, which evolved West of the Great Lakes is mutually unintelligible to both tribes but the Blackfoot actually started out East of the Great Lakes so it's closer to the Delawaran Languages like Mohican, Mohegan, Lenape, Munsee and Pequot.

My theory is the Blackfoot, who were part of the Meadowood trading system broke off and headed West back through or around the Objibway.

13 hours ago, Piney said:

Cheyenne, which evolved West of the Great Lakes is mutually unintelligible to both tribes but the Blackfoot actually started out East of the Great Lakes so it's closer to the Delawaran Languages like Mohican, Mohegan, Lenape, Munsee and Pequot.

My theory is the Blackfoot, who were part of the Meadowood trading system broke off and headed West back through or around the Objibway.

I remember seeing a documentary about where indigenous peoples migrated from and where they ended up. I do remember that the Blackfoot had migrated to the northern plains of Canada and northern Montana (respectively). I don’t remember the specifics.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, newbloodmoon said:

I remember seeing a documentary about where indigenous peoples migrated from and where they ended up. I do remember that the Blackfoot had migrated to the northern plains of Canada and northern Montana (respectively). I don’t remember the specifics.

Algic originated around the Columbia Plateau about 7,000 years ago.

• Thanks 1

On 9/14/2022 at 4:17 AM, Cookie Monster said:

Wait... How did Columbus know how to speak Arawak or the (Arawak)Cubans know how to speak Spanish, let alone he locals knowing who Genghis Khan was?  I suspect Columbus was just speaking and the locals were just smiling nervously and nodding.

• Thanks 1

On 9/14/2022 at 7:25 AM, Piney said:

According to Edgar Cayce the "Red Race" did come from Atlantis.......except the Mound Builders. We were Jews.^_^

Shalom!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Alchopwn said:

Shalom!

Lamanite Nation!!!!! :tsu:

.......or is it Laminate Nation? :unsure2:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

Wait... How did Columbus know how to speak Arawak or the (Arawak)Cubans know how to speak Spanish, let alone he locals knowing who Genghis Khan was?  I suspect Columbus was just speaking and the locals were just smiling nervously and nodding.

His logs say he went looking for the Great Khan (remember he thought he had hit the far east).

He quickly discovered that he was somewhere else, but they knew who the Khan was. So, the experts need to do a search through Mongolian records, or maybe those from North-East Asia, as there must have been some kind of contact.

On 9/13/2022 at 8:17 PM, Cookie Monster said:

A couple of links to your sources would be nice.

Btw., I have read about this before.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Abramelin said:

A couple of links to your sources would be nice.

Btw., I have read about this before.

Columbus' ship log is online. See link below.

Columbus was convinced he had reached the 'Indies' and kept asking the natives if they knew of the Great Khan (Great Can) and where could he find gold. They did not speak each other's language, but Columbus constantly interpreted the 'Indians' attempts at communication through sign language in accordance with his own preconceived notions. For example, he said that the 'Indians' repeated the Ave Maria (Hail Mary) while blessing themselves and raising their hands to the Heaven!! He asked after the Great Khan and interpreted their response to mean that they knew of him. Columbus was in his own confirmation bias bubble. Of course, the 'Indians' knew of great chiefs to their west, but it was not the Great Khan. Columbus had not circumnavigated the globe and had not found a new route west to the Far East or China.

And there is no mention of people from Mali, gold spear tips, or African traders making contact with these Carribean natives. You will find an English translation of Columbus's ship log here at this link:

The Northmen, Columbus, and Cabot, 985-1503 : Olson, Julius E : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

It is searchable using keywords. 

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

His logs say he went looking for the Great Khan (remember he thought he had hit the far east).

He quickly discovered that he was somewhere else, but they knew who the Khan was. So, the experts need to do a search through Mongolian records, or maybe those from North-East Asia, as there must have been some kind of contact.

No, the Arawak-Taino did not know about Mongolia or the Khan. The only contact with Asia was the Eskimos skipping back and forth from Alaska to Siberia.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Piney said:

Lamanite Nation!!!!! :tsu:

.......or is it Laminate Nation? :unsure2:

Laminate nation is just the lumber mafia branch of the Lamanite nation. Kind of like how the RLDS broke off of the main LDS branch. Hope that clears things up :whistle:.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, newbloodmoon said:

Laminate nation is just the lumber mafia branch of the Lamanite nation. Kind of like how the RLDS broke off of the main LDS branch. Hope that clears things up :whistle:.

Do I have to move to Mexico? :unsure2:

• Haha 1