Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scientists propose controversial plan to refreeze North and South Poles


Still Waters
 Share

Recommended Posts

Posted (IP: Staff) ·

Scientists have outlined a controversial plan to refreeze the North and South Poles, and dial down the global thermostat.

They say high-flying jets could spray microscopic aerosol particles into the atmosphere to reflect sunlight and cool the melting icecaps.

Around 175,000 flights a year would be needed, releasing millions of tonnes of carbon dioxide.

But a former UK chief scientist backed the plans, telling Sky News that polar warming is now critical - and refreezing the ice could hold back the rise in global sea levels.

The new study was led by Wake Smith from Yale University in the United States.

https://news.sky.com/story/scientists-propose-controversial-plan-to-refreeze-north-and-south-poles-by-spraying-sulphur-dioxide-into-atmosphere-12697769

  • Like 1
  • Sad 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

How about putting all the people that are going to freeze over winter and placing them into the north and south pole to act like ice cubes to stop global warming :lol:

Edited by Dreamer screamer
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's been at least one patent out for just this since the early 90's.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Dreamer screamer said:

How about putting all the people that are going to freeze over winter and placing them into the north and south pole...

I'd rather the scientists would build gigantic jet engines and then ancho them onto stable places such as the sides of mountains and pointing them all into one direction. Enough of these engines should provide enough propulsion, in order to move the planet's position enough to where undesirable places will become the new poles

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The law of unintended consequences applies .....


Geoengineering To Mitigate Global Warming May Cause Other Environmental Harm
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/08/090806080142.htm

Geoengineering versus a volcano
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/08/190805134010.htm

See also:
Why geoengineering our climate raises serious ethical, scientific challenges
https://www.cbc.ca/news/science/geoengineering-solar-radiation-management-climate-1.5458562

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Autistocrates said:

I'd rather the scientists would build gigantic jet engines and then ancho them onto stable places such as the sides of mountains and pointing them all into one direction. Enough of these engines should provide enough propulsion, in order to move the planet's position enough to where undesirable places will become the new poles

Aren't those wind turbines doing that already?   Aren't they cooling down the planet?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think a group in Seattle came up with the Sulphur dioxide plan about a decade ago using inflatable stacks instead of jets.  No fuel burned to counteract the SiO2  effect. Then as now somebody said what could possibly go wrong, and the answer was a disappointed "Oh."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jethrofloyd said:

What will happen to Santa Claus...

We'll deport him to either China, Indonesia, Pakistan or Egypt, so that he doesen't die from heat exhaustion

Edited by Autistocrates
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is ludicrous. Why are they not working on plans to reduce the world's population which is the only way the planet can survive. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
7 hours ago, Berwen said:

This is ludicrous. Why are they not working on plans to reduce the world's population which is the only way the planet can survive. 

The planet will survive, it is the humans and animals that won't.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/15/2022 at 3:25 PM, Still Waters said:

Scientists have outlined a controversial plan to refreeze the North and South Poles, and dial down the global thermostat.

They say high-flying jets could spray microscopic aerosol particles into the atmosphere to reflect sunlight and cool the melting icecaps.

Around 175,000 flights a year would be needed, releasing millions of tonnes of carbon dioxide.

This must be a proposal by high IQ psychopaths, who by definition have the good sense of a dead brick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Ell said:

This must be a proposal by high IQ psychopaths, who by definition have the good sense of a dead brick.

Why do you think they are high IQ?   They obviously don't understand that we live in a closed system and how weather on one part of the world affects weather in another part of the world.   I don't think IQ has anything to do with it anyway.   

https://climateviewer.com/2018/12/28/the-history-of-weather-control-an-interactive-timeline/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To be fair, the authors of this paper are not suggesting this should be done - only that if we chose to geoengineer cooling it would work if we did it this way and would be cheaper/easier than previous studies have suggested.   

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Why do you think they are high IQ?   They obviously don't understand that we live in a closed system and how weather on one part of the world affects weather in another part of the world.   I don't think IQ has anything to do with it anyway.   

https://climateviewer.com/2018/12/28/the-history-of-weather-control-an-interactive-timeline/

Psychopath tend to have a high IQ, especially when they are scientists.

Having a high IQ often is associated with being incredibly dumb, as e.g. applies to psychopaths and narcissists.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ell said:

Having a high IQ often is associated with being incredibly dumb, as e.g. applies to psychopaths and narcissists.

Never met a genius with low IQ before, nice to make your acquaintance... 

~

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/17/2022 at 12:15 AM, Berwen said:

This is ludicrous. Why are they not working on plans to reduce the world's population which is the only way the planet can survive. 

Everyone knows that is the answer but I'm afraid greed puts a stop to it, human rights as well. Well there won't be any humans left soon to have rights. Probably what the planet needs anyway. Let's go look for another planet to inhabit and ultimately destroy. Great plan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.