Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mothman festival honors Point Pleasant's infamous legend

UM-Bot

Time to do the Mothman discussion for the multiple time. 

I am a believer in a real cryptid here. Here's a discussion from a channeled source I respect.

EXCERPT:

Erik: I can the questions for you. We can connect to him a little bit if you want. The only reason I am doing it is because they live on a very high frequency and it can get Emmanuelle off track.

Me: So let’s not do that. So it is real?

Erik: It is very real.

Me: Cool!

Erik: the thing is like I said, their frequency is extremely high…so people will get headaches around them, people will get nauseous and they’ll start getting ill. And it is just because their frequency doesn’t match ours.

Me: Emma girl, you do not need any of that. Let’s rely on….What are you? Some people say you are just the same as..What is it? Some people say …It is like they have been seeing like a sandhill crane; this is an actual bird with a giant wing span.

Erik: No! This is an alien species, from a different planet. They are coming from the Andromeda galaxy. Their planet (from our timeline perspective) was a planet that was very similar to ours from our timelines to ours with forest and water. The planet went through a collision of some sort with what looks like a big rock that destroyed their planet. Only a few made it out on time. Ours was the closest planet to theirs, what they were looking for. There are only 5 of them a little bit spread out across the planet. There is one in Russia, one in Africa, it looks like they are spread across all continents.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Haha 3

Mothman was akin to the dover demon, huh? a story cooked up by some kids partying until a bored beatnik writer stirred up a sleeply little town by embellishing the hell out of it, adding UFOs, men in black and suggestions of interdimensional beings then turned a profit on his book, john keel himself called mothman folklore.

Mothman was never anything more than a tall tale, zero supportive evidence, heck they didnt even have any crappy out of focus pix.

Now that sleepy town uses the ruse to draw in a few extra tourist dollars, more power to them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I am a believer in a real cryptid here. Here's a discussion from a channeled source I respect.

EXCERPT:

Erik: I can the questions for you. We can connect to him a little bit if you want. The only reason I am doing it is because they live on a very high frequency and it can get Emmanuelle off track.

Erik: the thing is like I said, their frequency is extremely high…so people will get headaches around them, people will get nauseous and they’ll start getting ill. And it is just because their frequency doesn’t match ours.

Me: Emma girl, you do not need any of that. Let’s rely on….What are you? Some people say you are just the same as..What is it? Some people say …It is like they have been seeing like a sandhill crane; this is an actual bird with a giant wing span.

Erik: No! This is an alien species, from a different planet. They are coming from the Andromeda galaxy. Their planet (from our timeline perspective) was a planet that was very similar to ours from our timelines to ours with forest and water. The planet went through a collision of some sort with what looks like a big rock that destroyed their planet. Only a few made it out on time. Ours was the closest planet to theirs, what they were looking for. There are only 5 of them a little bit spread out across the planet. There is one in Russia, one in Africa, it looks like they are spread across all continents.

So you are falling for story tellers again. Of course!

Any evidence to support mothman other than people telling you ridiculous stories?

So there are no other planets like ours in the Andomeda galaxy? It has around a trillion stars in it. It is 2.5 million light years away.

Our galaxy has under 400 billion stars. Andromeda therefore has 2 1/2 times as many stars, maybe more. Our galaxy is roughly 90,000 light years across. That means Andromeda is over 27 times the diameter of the Milky Way away from here.

You need to stop respecting people making fun of you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Just wondering.... are mothballs an effective deterrent against it?:whistle:

Or manballs?

Edited by openozy
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Just wondering.... are mothballs an effective deterrent against it?:whistle:

Objective reality, one would think.

• Like 2

Like all cryptids, mothman has undergone a change in a appearance.

Nessie - once walked on land now an eel or plesiosaur

Chupacabra - once a humanoid with spines along its back now a dog with mange

Mothman - once a stocky figure with short legs now a humanoid with arms legs and wings

image.png.5bd2e8cbc9857a82be9dbb800e00073d.pngThat 's what was originally reported

Edited by stereologist
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Mothman is my favorite cryptid, I think a lot of people genuinely thought they saw this but whether a misidentified normal bird or bat it's a good story.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, openozy said:

Mothman is my favorite cryptid, I think a lot of people genuinely thought they saw this but whether a misidentified normal bird or bat it's a good story.

It is. Then John Keel comes in and stirs it up with this idea that the sightings are related to a bridge collapse. When making up stories just keep on making up stories.

What is cool is that I once listened to a recording where the witnesses stated no arms, and then a new recording years later in which the witness states definitely arms. Same person with a new story.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

What is cool is that I once listened to a recording where the witnesses stated no arms, and then a new recording years later in which the witness states definitely arms. Same person with a new story

Probably after watching Jeepers Creepers ? lol.

Any thing for a couple of days out

Going back to the orginal report from the kids.

This was their creature

mothman.jpg.6ec4ae222d0c9e78ce15c5339c9b1954.jpg

Its an angry owl, no question in my mind.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think it's possible something strange happened in West Virginia. Idk, i wasn't there. Though i personally don't believe John Keel (The Mothman Prophecies). The book barely even mentions the mothman. It's more about UFO sightings.

The book continuously mentions some strange guy (who keel hints is an alien, disguised as human). He randomly shows up at numerous locals homes & asks them strange (paranormal) questions. I suppose none of the residents owned a camera or tape recorder. Doesn't add up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, the13bats said:

Going back to the orginal report from the kids.

This was their creature

mothman.jpg.6ec4ae222d0c9e78ce15c5339c9b1954.jpg

Its an angry owl, no question in my mind.

Possibly. Got owls in my backyard. Plus, I've seen videos w wings up, they look gigantic.

Edited by Bed of chaos
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Bed of chaos said:

I think it's possible something strange happened in West Virginia. Idk, i wasn't there. Though i personally don't believe John Keel (The Mothman Prophecies). The book barely even mentions the mothman. It's more about UFO sightings.

The book continuously mentions some strange guy (who keel hints is an alien, disguised as human). He randomly shows up at numerous locals homes & asks them strange (paranormal) questions. I suppose none of the residents owned a camera or tape recorder. Doesn't add up.

I liked keel in a way but thought he was full of bull, the book is odd to say the least but it covered about all there was to mothman, keel i fully believe made up stuff as he went,

He did try to glom onto indrid cold who was the fantasy make believe of Derenberger keels version was smiling man and since its been combined and interchanged to the point of asinine.

Keel was very vauge about his mystery men.

2 hours ago, Bed of chaos said:

Possibly. Got owls in my backyard. Plus, I've seen videos w wings up, they look gigantic.

While some people do make up stuff out of thin air i believe many times there is a stimulus in the case of MM some kids out partying and likely drinking maybe on drugs see a large owl p*** it off and the story unfolds, one of the girls happens to be prone to hysteria which doesnt hurt the saga.

Then in a bandwagen effect and keel running it into the ground people seem to all see the UFOs.

when things had died down the faulty bridge fails and enter reality people are grieving to hard  to play make believe.

Edited by the13bats
misspelled fake word
  • Like 2

On 9/15/2022 at 6:19 PM, papageorge1 said:

EXCERPT:

Oh come on you've got to be joking. Even for you this is insane. :rofl:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Where I used to work on a property there were Powerful Owls, I'd spend ages watching them feeding their young with possums, rats and once saw them with a new born lamb. They are awesome and fearless birds but I wouldn't mistake them for a cryptid. I ended up getting sacked for bird watching, lol.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Oh come on you've got to be joking. Even for you this is insane. :rofl:

It's not insane. That is all rationally possible. It's 'outside the box' I'll grant you.

I can't really read and listen to all the reports and odd claims and believe 'known species' or hoax either. So, considering 'outside the box' becomes a rational step.

There we are then.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, openozy said:

Where I used to work on a property there were Powerful Owls, I'd spend ages watching them feeding their young with possums, rats and once saw them with a new born lamb. They are awesome and fearless birds but I wouldn't mistake them for a cryptid. I ended up getting sacked for bird watching, lol.

They must be powerful. Last month I videotaped some very creepy sounds outside my (2nd fl) window. Didnt think it was paranormal though very, very, unpleasant (clicking, followed by high pitched scream). Came from high up, tree branch (shaking).

After some research, figured out it. An owl brought a damn rabbit (to top of tree). I suppose dinner time. Anyway, (off topic) oh man, feel bad for the rabbits in my yard.  Last week my neighbors cat, picked up a full grown rabbit, in mouth (I tried to stop him) and took off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

It's not insane. That is all rationally possible. It's 'outside the box' I'll grant you.

I can't really read and listen to all the reports and odd claims and believe 'known species' or hoax either. So, considering 'outside the box' becomes a rational step.

There we are then.

It's not out of the box, it's out of the bloody mental asylum! You can use my initials if you like I won't tell.:D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

It's not out of the box, it's out of the bloody mental asylum! You can use my initials if you like I won't tell.:D

You sound like your ancestors that recommended mine to the asylum for even speculating about a round earth.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

You sound like your ancestors that recommended mine to the asylum for even speculating about a round earth.

Thst was good fair play made me chuckle.

• Like 1