Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

DeSantis sends two planes of illegal immigrants to Martha's Vineyard


OverSword
 Share

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Is Ron DeSantis now guilty of illegally transporting illegal immigrants across state lines?

Quick!  To the Bat-Justice Department!

71lT85b87XL._AC_SS450_.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can someone explain what the sanctuary idea is all about? What does 'illegal' mean to the sanctuary supporters? What if any limitations on immigration is this movement supportive of? Do they not support law and order in immigration law?

I guess I don't see the big picture of the sanctuary supporters. A billion people could probably qualify for sanctuary. I am pro-legal immigration.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Can someone explain what the sanctuary idea is all about? What does 'illegal' mean to the sanctuary supporters? What if any limitations on immigration is this movement supportive of? Do they not support law and order in immigration law?

I guess I don't see the big picture of the sanctuary supporters. A billion people could probably qualify for sanctuary. I am pro-legal immigration.

Sanctuary city (French: ville sanctuaire; Spanish: ciudad santuario) refers to municipal jurisdictions, typically in North America, that limit their cooperation with the national government's effort to enforce immigration law. Leaders of sanctuary cities say they want to reduce fear of deportation and possible family break-up among people who are in the country illegally, so that such people will be more willing to report crimes, use health and social services, and enroll their children in school. In the United States, municipal policies include prohibiting police or city employees from questioning people about their immigration status and refusing requests by national immigration authorities to detain people beyond their release date, if they were jailed for breaking local law.[1] Such policies can be set expressly in law (de jure) or observed in practice (de facto), but the designation "sanctuary city" does not have a precise legal definition. The Federation for American Immigration Reform estimated in 2018 that 564 U.S. jurisdictions, including states and municipalities, had adopted sanctuary policies.[2][3][4]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanctuary_city

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Sanctuary city (French: ville sanctuaire; Spanish: ciudad santuario) refers to municipal jurisdictions, typically in North America, that limit their cooperation with the national government's effort to enforce immigration law. Leaders of sanctuary cities say they want to reduce fear of deportation and possible family break-up among people who are in the country illegally, so that such people will be more willing to report crimes, use health and social services, and enroll their children in school. In the United States, municipal policies include prohibiting police or city employees from questioning people about their immigration status and refusing requests by national immigration authorities to detain people beyond their release date, if they were jailed for breaking local law.[1] Such policies can be set expressly in law (de jure) or observed in practice (de facto), but the designation "sanctuary city" does not have a precise legal definition. The Federation for American Immigration Reform estimated in 2018 that 564 U.S. jurisdictions, including states and municipalities, had adopted sanctuary policies.[2][3][4]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanctuary_city

 

Kind of what I thought but my issues with that still remain.

The 'Aiding and abetting' phrase was nowhere in that definition. Isn't that illegal behavior? 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Kind of what I thought but my issues with that still remain.

The 'Aiding and abetting' phrase was nowhere in that definition. Isn't that illegal behavior? 

Lawsuits to that affect would probably have to come from the states prosecutor.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

Quick!  To the Bat-Justice Department!

Amen.  And you have just suggested another fantastic money making idea, political action hero figures.  Pelosi in a long flowing robe as Aged Woman, Graham in a snappy purple leisure suit as Waffle Man, McConnel in tights and a cape as Turtle Man.  What a way to fund campaigns. 

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I feel bad to the migrants who are probably pretty confused what's going on.

But I don't really have a problem with this. Like the border states have a point, they are the states that have to deal with the brunt of illegal immigration. 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like the idea, those states support the border crossings by people who eshue the state controlled means of entry into a country, those states therefore should support the people who cross the border that way.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I guess sanctuary only works as long as no one expects anything from them. Like everything else, it's all talk.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can't wait for the word salad to spew out from Kamala about this.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 

The entire reason Democrats want an open border is to have a population of political pawns,

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

Obviously a pre-presidential campaign election stunt...and kind of funny :lol:

Link

       I don’t believe in Uncle Samta Claus policies..I’m an extreme fiscal conservative..but these stunts are extremely cruel to these people who don’t even know where they are going ..or why.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

The entire reason Democrats want an open border is to have a population of political pawns,

The entire reason Republicans want to destroy public schools is to have ignorant political pawns.

 

Really?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Is Ron DeSantis now guilty of illegally transporting illegal immigrants across state lines?

Nah, he's not.  These people crossed onto US soil and filed for asylum just as US law dictates.  They have been granted permission to stay till their trial dates (which may be up to a decade away).  So everything is going according to law.  There is nothing illegal about Republicans using tax payer's dollars to give these guys bus tickets or plane rides around the country.  Kind of a messed up system, but noone seems interested in fixing the law.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Next phase, California and New York offer paroled MS-13 members  $500, a flight to Florida and forms for Florida state assistance and voter registration:D

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Tatetopa said:

Next phase, California and New York offer paroled MS-13 members  $500, a flight to Florida and forms for Florida state assistance and voter registration:D

You laugh, but I see no reason why it can't happen.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

Nah, he's not.

Thanks. Should have put a :devil: on my comment. I have trouble taking anything seriously in this climate.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, lightly said:

       I don’t believe in Uncle Samta Claus policies..I’m an extreme fiscal conservative..but these stunts are extremely cruel to these people who don’t even know where they are going ..or why.

If that's true then you are right, but were you they, wouldn't you rather be sent somewhere with sanctuary policies in place.  They send them here too where we help them to get on their feet and contribute to society.  

Elect me president and I could make great strides solving the issues of illegal immigration.  First you increase the amount of work visas that are issued every year by around 40%.  You then lower the standards of what it takes to become a refugee living in the USA.  Both of these steps will drastically lower the rate of illegal border crossing and take a bite out of the Mexican crime cartels profits.  The fact that these obvious steps aren't taken indicates that the federal government doesn't want to solve the problem.  See my mention of the cartels?   Follow that money and you can probably discover why illegal immigration has skyrocketed. 

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

The entire reason Republicans want to destroy public schools is to have ignorant political pawns.

Really?

Sure thing Tate. Of course I’ll have to take your opinion with a grain of salt. After all, it’s Democrats who can’t even define the words they use. Super grounded in STEM right? 
 

As for best the left has to offer for “educators” seems more like a bunch of perverts obsessed with the sexualizing children and enforcing their political views rather than “teaching” anything. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Sure thing Tate. Of course I’ll have to take your opinion with a grain of salt. After all, it’s Democrats who can’t even define the words they use. Super grounded in STEM right? 
 

As for best the left has to offer for “educators” seems more like a bunch of perverts obsessed with the sexualizing children and enforcing their political views rather than “teaching” anything. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My goodness smh. Seems like the entire public school system needs to send a lot of folks to the unemployment line. 
 

At the least all classes should be put on camera and viewed live on line. This is an outrage. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, el midgetron said:

Sure thing Tate. Of course I’ll have to take your opinion with a grain of salt. After all, it’s Democrats who can’t even define the words they use. Super grounded in STEM right? 

Well I use the same source that tells you Democrats want open borders, and I thought it was Republicans who could not define stuff like CRT.    But hey, just doing my part.  Some day maybe we will return to thoughtful conversations about real topics like balanced budgets and manufacturing policies. 

  • Like 3
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Is Ron DeSantis now guilty of illegally transporting illegal immigrants across state lines?

Was I ever wrong, I retract my statement.  These immigrants had  asked for asylum and were here legally waiting for a hearing.  Uncle Ron just gave them a plane ride to America's favorite summer resort, which I guess is not in Florida.:D

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.