Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

DeSantis sends two planes of illegal immigrants to Martha's Vineyard

OverSword

10 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Yeah, I bet they cheered when Trump offered to give dreamers citizenship. Or when he pledged 500 billion to create jobs in the inner cities. 

One guy doesn’t make a “club”. And Trump disavowed him many times. 

Doesnt change the fact those types support and back trump...they have their reasons i guess he appeals to them, take that up with them and trump not me.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

FczFdtKWAAEj6CT.jpg.4ddf31ee8c7058043cc73f5bc30905b4.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

And being from Massachusetts, I would like to apologize for Elizabeth Warren, Ed Markey, Ayanna Pressley et al.

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
reword
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 9/18/2022 at 10:44 AM, spartan max2 said:

I don't think it's partially good to lie to migrants so that you can earn political points.

Wait til you find out how they've been treating US!

On 9/18/2022 at 2:07 PM, pallidin said:

Let me see if I've got this right: States can supersede the Federal government in all matters.

That's insane.

Well, I'm of the opinion, and it might be a hard fact, that states/cities that claim to be sanctuaries for illegals are superseding federal law. Their mantra is that they will not cooperate with the federal government in reporting and detaining them. Many states also actively superscede the federal government with their Marijuana laws. Sure there are other examples. Now, in light of that, is your outrage consistent?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Allow me to come back on this, because you provided serious statements that I appreciate and would love to respond.

Of course, neither your or I can actually change anything, but perhaps make a small difference.

Gotta run to the store...

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, pallidin said:

Gotta run to the store...

I'll bet that you didn't actually, 'run';.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Haha 1

Just now, Likely Guy said:

I'll bet that you didn't actually ;run;.

Actually, though I have a car, I love to walk!

Helps my body and anxiety a bit.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, pallidin said:

Actually, though I have a car, I love to walk!

Helps my body and anxiety a bit.

You take care now! :)

• Like 1

Another weird thing- DeSantis said there was no mass miigration to Florida and that's why he had to fly them from Texas.  They were only coming to Florida in "Oneseys and twoseys". ‘Onesie-twosies’: DeSantis declares Florida not seeing ‘mass’ migration in defense for going to Texas for immigrants - Raw Story - Celebrating 18 Years of Independent Journalism

10 hours ago, the13bats said:

Doesnt change the fact those types support and back trump...they have their reasons i guess he appeals to them, take that up with them and trump not me.

People love the idea of a prosperous nation. Cheap energy. Should appeal to all of us. Especially considering what’s gone on since he’s been gone. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Martha’s Vineyard claims to be a refuge for such people. 

Watching billionaires freak out at the idea of living among peasants, then watching you folks, the supposed champion of the poor freak out about it with them is hilarious. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Watching billionaires freak out at the idea of living among peasants, then watching you folks, the supposed champion of the poor freak out about it with them is hilarious. 

They don't have room for 50 immigrants is what the officials at Martha's Vineyard said.   How could they possibly care for them?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Myles said:

They don't have room for 50 immigrants is what the officials at Martha's Vineyard said.   How could they possibly care for them?

You don't go from a 17,000 off season population to 200,000 peak season without having room.

• Like 8

On 9/20/2022 at 1:48 PM, Tatetopa said:

Yes indeed, De Santis deceived and dumped LEGAL immigrants on an island.  The people that live on the island, common working people, were surprised but met them with kindness and help.  The wealthy elites that own large homes there did not get involved, they may not have even been there.  

The right has made the groundless assumption that they are liberal democrat elites. A good many of them could be corporate executive Republican elites who have given hefty contributions to Republican causes.  But no matter.

Typical strategy, screw little people to make other little people feel better off and leave the elites alone. Democrats do it too, but it is a hallmark of Republican policy, protect elites and increase their benefits  but keep common people under the yoke of taxes and declining life style.

And I'll tell you something else, the label of Democrat or Republican makes little difference to elites and the politicians that serve them.  They are all comfortable to sit back and watch your family sink lower on the economic ladder because they have already got theirs.

As long as you get excited and distracted about immigrants, the elite get  ignored while they burrow deeper and deeper into your pockets, even if they claim to be conservatives just like you. 

Much of what you write explains the attraction of Trump. Starting in the 90s the elites assured that Globalization was going to be wonderful for Americans. Let less developed countries do  simple manufacturing while us highly advanced Americans could become rocket scientists. Problem was no plan was developed to transform the workforce resulting in  a decimated middle class. 

After 8 years of being shafted by Obama:

https://huizenga.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=307077

Trump addressed their concerns 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, WVK said:

Much of what you write explains the attraction of Trump. Starting in the 90s the elites assured that Globalization was going to be wonderful for Americans. Let less developed countries do  simple manufacturing while us highly advanced Americans could become rocket scientists. Problem was no plan was developed to transform the workforce resulting in  a decimated middle class. 

I somewhat agree with you. I think MAGA was originally rural America wanting to bring back when manufacturing and rural communities thrived.

As manufacturing disappeared so did rural communities. They are disappearing.

People are moving to cities with increased urbanization. 

I don't think what they want is really possible though. People like having cheap products from globalization and their isn't really a way to bring back America manufacturing without massive government involvement and subsidies. 

It's better to adapt with the times. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, WVK said:

Trump addressed their concerns. Rather than offering solutions the Democrats simply demonized them “deplorables ”.  As such the elites, who profited mightily at their expense, absolve their conscience of any quilt or responsibility for screwing them.them over

demonized them.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, WVK said:

You are right about that.  It was going on back in Clinton's time with NAFTA.   Long before Obama, under Bush, in the 90's our company was told by GE if we didn't build a plant in China and cut prices by 20% we would lose our contracts.

The same elite folks seem to be sponsoring JD Vance,  2 silicon valley megadonors giving him $15 Million each.  Not a good look in Ohio which was gutted by off-shoring.

It was not just Democrats or Republicans, it is both.  They bent to contributors and allowed the exodus of jobs and technology, all for campaign contributions and cushy jobs after Congress.  We need to focus on laws that prohibit Congress members from climbing on the gravy train after a few years of bilking the people.

I can even understand the attraction of Trump, he is the ultimate salesman. Whether he is selling building space or  his candidacy, puffery and exaggeration close the deal.  Trump is an elite, his major buildings, resorts, and golf courses serve other elites.  But he knows what to tell a common man to close the deal.

Totally agree that we have a problem with offshoring and clawing back what we have lost. I also believe Democrats are at least half the problem.   It was always a win for factory owners, and share holders of major corporations.  What the workers got was layoffs, depressed wages and Walmart selling cheap imported goods to make it survivable. 

Consider how tightly we are wound up in this.  Average American workers depend on depressed wages for low level jobs in this country to keep the price of groceries and Big Macs down.  And they depend on those cheap imports to keep the price of TV's and tennis shoes within reach.

I disagree that Trump was any part of the solution.  He is a salesman, not a nuts and bolts planner.  He had arm waving, feel good, but no actionable plans.

Hate to say it, but infrastructure and the Chips act actually appear to address some of those problems.  I am still  looking for the hook i the bait.

• Like 3

Calls grow to investigate DeSantis over misinformation given to migrants

Misinformation given to a group of migrants flown to Martha’s Vineyard, Mass., has raised calls for an investigation into whether Florida GOP Gov. Ron DeSantis intentionally misled the asylum-seekers, potentially violating the law. 

The group of 50 were not only promised housing and employment — immigration law experts say they were given bad advice that could actually jeopardize their immigration status as they seek to remain in the U.S. 

Perhaps the most controversial information provided to the migrants came in the form of brochures with information on how to register as refugees in Massachusetts, despite the fact that they’re asylum-seekers and are not eligible to register for that program. 

Link

:lol:  Play stupid games!!  What a **** show this country is sometimes.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2022 at 6:09 PM, preacherman76 said:

But what DeSantis did is just like the Holocaust. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/21/2022 at 8:24 PM, F3SS said:

Wait til you find out how they've been treating US!

Why should we wait?  Why don't you tell us!  

4 hours ago, Agent0range said:

Why should we wait?  Why don't you tell us!  

I've never been given a free trip to Martha's Vineyard.  

These migrants got it better than most.

• Like 1