Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

DeSantis sends two planes of illegal immigrants to Martha's Vineyard

OverSword

48 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

'but Biden sent immigrants to Tennessee in the middle of the night' (oo, spooky) 'story'

The act of flying unaccompanied minors to the region late at night has raised concerns on how President Biden is handling the influx of illegal immigrants since the beginning of his administration. Many states have had to provide lodging, funded by U.S. taxpayer money, due to overcrowded processing facilities along the border.

In a statement released by her office to WRCB, Senator Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) said she had no knowledge of the activities being conducted. “Our office has received no information from the Biden Administration informing us of a mass transportation of migrants to Tennessee. It is absolutely unacceptable if the Biden Administration is facilitating a mass migration without any input or oversight from Tennesseans and the affected communities,” the statement detailed.

https://tennesseestar.com/2021/05/20/multiple-planes-carry-unaccompanied-migrant-children-to-chattanooga/

You tell me how these unaccompanied minors are supposed to navigate a new city in the middle of the night without being properly informed by the Biden administration? Not to mention again...these are kids!

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, the13bats said:

I cant tell you how much my ignore list has grown just in the last week or 10 days the rather glaring fact the tangerine dream is in hot water has some of his more loyal bend knees in a really deep state of derangement that rational people avoid like a plague.

What are the list requirements ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, OverSword said:

To that I would say of course the right winged media is as complicit in this type of stunt as the left wing media is with their own favorite politicians.

Could be.  I'm not sure what the AOC pic refers specifically to, did it involve a 'distortion' of something?  My reference to the media was concerning the Tennessee middle of night immigrants, not DeSantis' latest pouting for more attention.  Isn't the mention of middle of the night most likely designed to make someone think there's something sneaky and negative about that, when of course that cannot be the case because our 'Favorite President' did it too?

24 minutes ago, Michelle said:

You tell me how these unaccompanied minors are supposed to navigate a new city in the middle of the night without being properly informed by the Biden administration? Not to mention again...these are kids!

I guess I haven't heard of the law or custom that said a Senator's office is to be notified of every bus of immigrants sent there?  Care to wager that there have been other buses of immigrants that oh-so-unbiased Republican Senator Blackburn also was not notified of and didn't complain about?  Actually Blackburn qualified it too:  "It is absolutely unacceptable if the Biden Administration...".  Doesn't she know if what she and you are complaining about even happened?  I won't hold you to it as all the opinions here kinda blend together and I'm not sure who has said what, but haven't you rightly criticized people who believe politicians?

And come on, where are you getting this 'navigating a new city in the middle of the night' stuff, do you think they're just dropped the kids by the side of the road or something?  From.  Your.  Link.  :

One of the bus companies that picked up the migrant children said they were sent to the Chattanooga air center as part of a contract with the U.S. Department of Defense. The company added they have picked up migrants at multiple locations across the South — including Atlanta and Mobile.

Over the past months, multiple migrant children have stayed at the Tennessee Temple dormitory in the Highland Park area of Chattanooga. It is unclear how many of the most recent migrants were located to this area.

Don't let them play you Millicent.

5 hours ago, moonman said:

People should go to prison for this crap. It's human trafficking. Sending people off to other parts of the country with lies about jobs and shelter is nothing less than a crime. They are human beings, not cattle. Anybody who thinks this is a "good idea" or "funny" is a piece of human garbage.

And what about promises of sanctuary and assistance?

11 minutes ago, susieice said:

And what about promises of sanctuary and assistance?

You mean the lies these people these were told, or ACTUAL assistance?

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Michelle said:

How do you know they didn't know where they were going? And from what I've heard they are being asked if they want to go. They aren't being forced.

Are we talking about Biden or DeSantis/Abbott?

Doug

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, moonman said:

You mean the lies the people these were told, Or ACTUAL assistance?

I mean actual sanctuary and assistance. It wasn't just the south that promised it. Most northern states have also. I will wait and see what Massachusetts does.

Edited by susieice

15 minutes ago, susieice said:

I mean actual sanctuary and assistance. It wasn't just the south that promised it. Most northern states have also. I will wait and see what Massachusetts does.

If there is actual sanctuary and assistance worked out beforehand, I have no problem with that if the people being transferred want that.

This is like collecting all the trash that your next door neighbor keeps throwing in your yard, but instead of leaving it on the porch of the offender you secretly throw it all into the neighbor's yard across the street. It's a lazy cowardly move. Bad analogy as the people in question aren't garbage, but the sentiment is the same.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

People crossing the southern border go into southern states. The northern states need to help ease that burden. What's so hard here? Like I said, let's see how Massachusetts treats them. Cape Cod is hardly a trash heap. It's a beautiful place to live. Obviously Nantucket doesn't want them.

Edited by susieice

3 minutes ago, susieice said:

People crossing the southern border go into southern states. The northern states need to help ease that burden. What's so hard here? Like I said, let's see how Massachusetts treats them. Cape Cod is hardly a trash heap. Obviously Nantucket doesn't want them.

There was no plan worked out beforehand between the states. They lied to the people and dumped them there. That is human trafficking.

Surprised they didn't wait until winter to do it, honestly. Wouldn't put it past a dirtbag that pulls a stunt like this.

Edited by moonman
  • Thanks 1

Were they moved for labor or sexual exploitation? 

human trafficking

noun

1. A criminal activity in which people are recruited, harboured, transported, bought, or kidnappedto serve an exploitative purpose, such as sexual slavery, forced labor, or childsoldiery.
Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, susieice said:

human trafficking

noun

1. A criminal activity in which people are recruited, harboured, transported, bought, or kidnappedto serve an exploitative purpose, such as sexual slavery, forced labor, or childsoldiery.

Don't throw definitions at me, that's the lamest move there is - not to mention it fits the situation perfectly. EXPLOITATION. Maybe fess up and realize these people were lied to and dumped like garbage instead. There's a huge difference between assistance and sanctuary being worked out beforehand vs. being worked out as a consequence of human trafficking. 

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, moonman said:

Don't throw definitions at me, that's the lamest move there is. Maybe fess up and realize these people were lied to and dumped like garbage instead.

You seem to be having a hard time with definitions. Take a few breaths. I don't see where it's been said they were lied. Maybe some people shouldn't make promises they don't want to keep.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michelle said:

unaccompanied minors

These are usually teenagers who have been working for a living back home, taking on adult responsibilities, but here are considered "children."

Doug

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, susieice said:

You seem to be having a hard time with definitions. Take a few breaths. I don't see where it's been said they were lied. Maybe some people shouldn't make promises they don't want to keep.

I hate people throwing definitions out that don't even understand them, yes. Read the definition yourself.  

"A criminal activity in which people are recruited, harboured, transported, bought, or kidnapped to serve an exploitative purpose, such as..."

This is an exploitative purpose if there ever was one. "Such as" doesn't mean "only these" - or maybe you'd like a definition of "such as"? I can play that lame game too. I'd rather not, because it's ****ing stupid to post definitions.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Could be.  I'm not sure what the AOC pic refers specifically to, did it involve a 'distortion' of something?  My reference to the media was concerning the Tennessee middle of night immigrants, not DeSantis' latest pouting for more attention.  Isn't the mention of middle of the night most likely designed to make someone think there's something sneaky and negative about that, when of course that cannot be the case because our 'Favorite President' did it too?

Those pictures were a HUGE story in 2016 when then candidate  AOC and others alleged to visit holding center for juveniles separated from the people that they crossed the border with.  She was so emotionally overcome that she broke down in tears, crying and sobbing uncontrollably.  After CNBC, CNN and other media arms of the democratic party milked it for all it was worth someone then leaked the truth with photographic evidence about a year later.  I hope you don't believe that only right wing media carries poison water for their candidates.  

tornillo-protest.jpg

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, susieice said:

human trafficking

noun

You can be charged with human trafficking for picking up a hitchhiker.

Doug

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Doug1066 said:

At least Martha's Vinyard is heavily Democratic.  They will be taken care of until the District Attorneys can decide whether to prosecute.

They were mad the second they arrived and within 24 hours they've bused them out of there. Still catching up on the thread if this hasn't been pointed out yet.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, moonman said:

I hate people throwing definitions out that don't even read them, yes. Read the definition yourself.  

"A criminal activity in which people are recruited, harboured, transported, bought, or kidnapped to serve an exploitative purpose"

This is an exploitative purpose if there ever was one. "Such as" doesn't mean "only these" - or maybe you'd like a definition of "such as"? I can play that lame game too.

All right then. I guess for you any excuse works. Out of this conversation. Put me on your list.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, moonman said:

People should go to prison for this crap. It's human trafficking. Sending people off to other parts of the country with lies about jobs and shelter is nothing less than a crime. They are human beings, not cattle. Anybody who thinks this is a "good idea" or "funny" is a piece of human garbage.

It makes perfect sense to me, America is a big place, Texas should be doing all it can to ensure that the migrants spread out to take advantage of the available space…. And where better than communities that pride themselves on welcoming migrants with open arms? If it’s a federal policy to accept them, it’s a federal concern to house them. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, susieice said:

All right then. I guess for you any excuse works. Out of this conversation. Put me on your list.

I guess I will since you don't even understand the definitions of the words you post. You certainly make the list prerequisites.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1