Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump warns of ‘big problems’ if indicted, says he’d still run for office

Grim Reaper 6

3 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I do hope Biden does not run.  Even members of his party are saying it is time for a fresh new generation of leaders.  Time for Nancy Pelosi to take the hint too.  There are plenty of people 50 and under who are talented and more in tune with the world and society that the 70+ crowd.

There are 17 congress people and 8 senators that need to retire.   Pelosi is only one of them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Cookie Monster said:

There has been no criminal trial where people have testified.

There was a political hearing, that`s not the same thing, no political hearing I have ever watched on any issue was free from people playing politics.

Correct, no criminal trial as yet, just investigations. There are established laws that have possibly been broken, hence the investigations.

Wouldn't it be wonderful for every criminal if they could claim they were not being tried for theft or extortion, the crime didn't matter, laws don't count because it is all politics.

• Like 1

Just now, Tatetopa said:

Correct, no criminal trial as yet, just investigations. There are established laws that have possibly been broken, hence the investigations.

Wouldn't it be wonderful for every criminal if they could claim they were not being tried for theft or extortion, the crime didn't matter, laws don't count because it is all politics.

Your messiah is going to lose, I just hope he doesn`t cause another insurrection.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Your messiah is going to lose, I just hope he doesn`t cause another insurrection.

We don't need a messiah to deal with a criminal, even a very uncommon one.  Might be a tough concept, but part of the foundation of America is that we don't need kings or messiahs  to govern us.

• Like 2

When is orange man going to just keel over from eating too many big macs? The sooner the better. Tired of hearing his lame "threats".

Edited by moonman
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

I really hope he does run again.  Like @spartan max2, I think he will be defeated.  I hope it is not Biden, but we will see.  I think he will lose by a couple million bigger margin than 2020.  Maybe that will demonstrate that a majority of voters still distrust Trump to run the country.

While it would be rather side splitting hilarious for trump to run again get beat again even worse and to see him and his bent knees go into total unhinged meltdown tantrum mode its sad we the people only have that mess as election choices.

And then...

56 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Greetings,

Donald Trump received a lot of support by people who believed he was a viable alternative.  For many, he proved not to be.   A lot of people just want to go to work, feed their families, have a little bit of security  for their old age, and a little bit of fun in their leisure time.  Over four years, many decided he provided no useful alternative.  As he goes deeper and deeper into Q-Anon  rhetoric he turns more people off.  Middle of the road people are starting to think he is  unhinged and useless, not a viable leader for the US.

Donald Trump lost the popular vote in 2016.  He lost the popular vote in 2020.  He will lose the popular vote in 2024 if he runs.  No landslides.

The problems still exist, but it becomes clear to more people that Donald Trump is not a solution. 

You summed that up about as perfect as could be said, and hit the nail on head and to use my less smooth wording rational people see trump as a loon even a lot who did think he was worth a chance regret their mistake.

46 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Neither Trump or Biden will be running in 2024.   And at this point it is my opinion that the democrats could run a dark horse no one has ever heard of and beat the republican candidate, whether it is DeSantis or Pence.

DRat, When all is said and dome i sure hope you are right the American people and the country have suffered far to long from trumps comedies,  all the dragging it out just so that dolt can get a laugh and placate his ego.

• Like 1

Until he has been to trial to face his charges I doubt he will be able to run. Even if he beats his charges his party won’t back him as he has caused enough damage and the majority of American voters know this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, the13bats said:

While it would be rather side splitting hilarious for trump to run again get beat again even worse and to see him and his bent knees go into total unhinged meltdown tantrum mode its sad we the people only have that mess as election choices.

And then...

You summed that up about as perfect as could be said, and hit the nail on head and to use my less smooth wording rational people see trump as a loon even a lot who did think he was worth a chance regret their mistake.

DRat, When all is said and dome i sure hope you are right the American people and the country have suffered far to long from trumps comedies,  all the dragging it out just so that dolt can get a laugh and placate his ego.

If people quit watching Fox, CNN, CNBC, BBC, etc or turning it off any time Trump was mentioned we would no longer be drowned in hi nonsense.  But him being mentioned makes money for the networks.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

If people quit watching Fox, CNN, CNBC, BBC, etc or turning it off any time Trump was mentioned we would no longer be drowned in hi nonsense.  But him being mentioned makes money for the networks.

Sadly true.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Does the US not have laws against subverting democracy?

If so, a complaint should be made to the police that Biden is attempting to do that by having the FBI raid Trumps home.

Ok Cookie Monster however the raid doesn’t fall under that designation ( Subverting Democracy ). If the raid on Mar-A-Largo had found nothing then Trump could have sued the DOJ however under the present circumstances it’s obvious there was a justification for the search.

Now away with you, your comments are ridiculous.:unsure: 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Until he has been to trial to face his charges I doubt he will be able to run. Even if he beats his charges his party won’t back him as he has caused enough damage and the majority of American voters know this.

Morning Jay, what’s strange about the dam US legal system even someone with a felony can still run for President. There are a few things that can disqualify someone from running for President two of these crimes are being convicted of taking part in the following:

• Section 3 Disqualification from Holding Office

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Morning Jay, what’s strange about the dam US legal system even someone with a felony can still run for President. There are a few things that can disqualify someone from running for President two of these crimes are being convicted of taking part in the following:

• Section 3 Disqualification from Holding Office

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

Hi Grim

Not sure but if he is facing charges of some of the documents he had in his possession could range into treason on to mention other pending judgements with regard to jan 6 or his part in the voter fraud thing.

If he ran independent because no one else wants him to represent them so not likely he could garner enough support to complete in any real sense.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Grim

Not sure but if he is facing charges of some of the documents he had in his possession could range into treason on to mention other pending judgements with regard to jan 6 or his part in the voter fraud thing.

If he ran independent because no one else wants him to represent them so not likely he could garner enough support to complete in any real sense.

Well I hope your right Jay, but I think the best way to put him down is to tie him to the 6 Jan insurrection or to charge him with Treason for stealing classified documents.

Time will Tell. 

• Like 3

If it comes down to two old bumbling fools again...I'm going to pick the bumbling fool that doesn't want pure allegiance pledged to him within his cabinet...

• Like 4

On 9/15/2022 at 8:53 PM, and-then said:

Isn't this basically the stance that "DARK BRANDON" used after the backlash from his red speech about the "MAGA threat"?  I mean, the man and multiple voices on the Left and in their media have used very inflammatory language that could easily be called incitement.  So, one can foment such anger but all others cannot?  Uh, no... 

ETA:

The plan the Left seems to be executing will be to indict him and try him in DC so they can get a slam-dunk conviction.  THEN they will use their media arm to sell the case that he cannot legally run again.  Since the Constitution is very clear on the issue of qualifications for that job, no subsequent act of legislation can be used to disqualify a POTUS candidate from holding the office so at best, the case would be appealed and SCOTUS would make the ruling clear.  THEN the Left could use their media to inflame the public against SCOTUS as "rigged" or "fraudulent".

The point of all this is that yes, he CAN RUN AGAIN... and likely, he will.

Why do you call legitimate investigations into this man "the left?"

The New York Attorney General turned down a settlement from Trumps attorneys two days ago and this was just a few weeks after he plead the fifth 440 times related to this very same case. Innocent people don't plead the fifth 440 times and then try to settle a case with the DA.

In Georgia, now that Fanni Willis has called forth and spoken to some of Trump's inner circle she has said there is evidence of serious wrongdoing and if convicted people would be going to prison.

In Florida, tell me how he can claim "Executive privilege" OR "Attorney client privilege" for these classified documents that his attorney signed off in a statement "DID NOT EXIST." They either knew they were there and are caught in a lie, or retroactively are trying to claim these privileges that they did not claim on other documents and classified materials they surrendered.

The left did not alert the DOJ and FBI that Donald Trump was raising and lowering values of property. Michael Cohen did.

The left did not call Georgia and demand they find votes that did not exist while falsely claiming "We won the State." Donald Trump did.

the left did not carry to Mar-A-Lago almost 400 classified documents of the highest levels. Donald Trump did.

So, if he is indicted or convicted on any of these things, the left did not do it. No plan from the left.

Believe the man is a Saint if you will, that is what money and plenty of lawyers can do for you. Shield you. And now his armor is falling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

23 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Trump could have sued the DOJ however under the present circumstances it’s obvious there was a justification for the search.

It may not be as slam dunk as the media is telling you.  ;) 

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-candidate-special-master-review-232849899.html

The reality is that he's almost certainly going to run again.  The question is, how far is the Left willing to go to enflame the population over that reality.  On the one hand, we keep hearing what a joke and a loser the guy is and on the other we see near-hysteria and a willingness to foment rage just to keep him from facing the voters, 81 MILLION of whom supposedly hated him enough to vote for Biden.  How do those two "facts" exist in the same logical mind?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Agent0range said:

If it comes down to two old bumbling fools again...I'm going to pick the bumbling fool that doesn't want pure allegiance pledged to him within his cabinet...

Hi Agent

Not likely that Biden will run a second time and was just a stop gap measure. Hopefully they will promote a younger politically seasoned candidate to represent them. Doubt Trump has the party support to run for them again and will select someone else to rebuild themselves 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, and-then said:

It may not be as slam dunk as the media is telling you.  ;) 

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-candidate-special-master-review-232849899.html

The reality is that he's almost certainly going to run again.  The question is, how far is the Left willing to go to enflame the population over that reality.  On the one hand, we keep hearing what a joke and a loser the guy is and on the other we see near-hysteria and a willingness to foment rage just to keep him from facing the voters 81 MILLION of whom supposedly hated him enough to vote for Biden.  How do those two "facts" exist in the same logical mind?

In all honesty I don’t care if he runs again, but your comments above about a joke and loser I do agree with. Donald Trump acted like a petulant child when he lost the election, once he lost he completely over looked his responsibilities as President in favor of ridiculous claims that the election was stolen and he was cheated. He surrounded himself with a number of Conspiracy Theorists Rudy Giuliani and Sidney Powell to name a few to support his claims of election fraud. Now those same individuals are public laughing stocks along with being prosecuted for their lies and conspiracy theories.I agree with you many people did vote for President Biden because they were tired of Trump and his outlandish behavior and comments! In the end they also felt vindicated for doing so because of the 6 Jan Insurrection.

However this is where we are different, I fully realize that Biden is a figure head and in my opinion not someone I would want for President! But here is the biggest problem that exists on this forum and across the United States, members of both the Republican and Democratic Political parties will intentionally continue to supply false narratives and support Conspiracy Theories about their candidates. This is why reasonable conversations where people openly admit their candidates faults and mistakes never happen. Now you may completely disagree with me that’s cool, but to me it’s embarrassing and it makes those doing it look like fools. While everyone has a right to their opinions supporting false nonsense is ridiculous, because there are more than enough real problems that could discussed.

I think if people acted objectively and only presented facts backup by reliable sources of information it would go along way. In the end you are guilty of doing this and so am I along with many many others on this forum. In reality none of us holds the moral high ground, but we all have the ability to change our way of addressing these subjects now I am not telling anyone else what to do only how I am going to approach this subject in the future.

Statement by Sidney Powell

Lawyers for pro-Trump attorney Sidney Powell said that “no reasonable person” would believe that her false claims and conspiracy theories about the 2020 election were “truly statements of fact.”

So basically above she is saying Republicans who believed the false information she spread are Stupid! To me on that comment alone they should remove license to practice law, and be forced to apologize to the American People, especially Trumps base. Because of her conspiracy theories and the lies and conspiracy theories of others in Trumps inner circle many many Americans became believers. Along with this and the inflammatory speech’s on 6 Jan ultimately Lead to the 6 Jan Capital Insurrection which she should also be charged for.

Statement by Rudy Giuliani:

Social Media is where I got my information from " Giuliani said. And when asked if he could remember anything else about the evidence he had been citing for months as justification for Donald Trump's reinstallment, he said: "Right now, I can't recall anything else that I laid eyes on. To boot, the onetime mayor of New York City even admitted that he did not independently contact his sources or fact-check their claims, adding that doing so would have made him a "terrible lawyer."

I have a feeling you will not reply to the content I have stated above, but I wish you would consider what I have said and offer your thoughts on the subject.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 9/15/2022 at 8:42 PM, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Former president Donald Trump warned that if he were indicted on a charge of mishandling classified documents after leaving the White House, there would be “problems in this country the likes of which perhaps we’ve never seen before.”  Trump, speaking Thursday to conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt, added, “I don’t think the people of the United States would stand for it.” 

Hewitt, who is also a contributing columnist for The Washington Post, then noted that critics would describe the comment as inciting violence, and he asked Trump to respond to the claim. “That’s not inciting — I’m just saying what my opinion is. I don’t think the people of this country would stand for it,” Trump said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-warns-of-big-problems-if-indicted-says-he-d-still-run-for-office/ar-AA11SeI9?ocid=EMMX&cvid=d2f34058cb8244a9af7f0834f1b16f5b

He is setting the stage for another "January 6". 

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, thedutchiedutch said:

He is setting the stage for another "January 6". 

He certainly could be but if it happens he will not just be able to walk away this time!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

He certainly could be but if it happens he will not just be able to walk away this time!

Don't be so sure. He is as slippery as they come, when he spews this kind of crap he makes sure there is just enough plausible deniability to get away with it.

He merely suggests things, and the cult takes the hint. You don't have to outright incite violence when the mere suggestion of the possibility is more than enough.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 3

Trump rally from yesterday: 

6:02 the media makes a mistake, and you get to see the stadium is packed. Where is the same support for Dark Brandon?

4 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Trump rally from yesterday: 

6:02 the media makes a mistake, and you get to see the stadium is packed. Where is the same support for Dark Brandon?

There was a Trump rally yesterday?  Haha, no one even covers that trash anymore.  Go to foxnews.com right now, and you can't tell Trump had a rally.  And again.  Why are you focused on crowd size?  The majority of Americans don't worship a man.  The majority of Americans won't go to a political rally.  Those seats are reserved for mouth breathing morons who pay to watch some old moron talk...

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, and-then said:

The reality is that he's almost certainly going to run again.  The question is, how far is the Left willing to go to enflame the population over that reality. 

The question the left asks is, will we continue to be a nation governed by our Constitution and ruled by laws and not men?  If we choose to be a nation governed by laws and no man is above the law, then the question becomes is Donald Trump governed by law or not? Is he subject to  the penalties for violating the law? That is what the left ponders. Are we a republic governed by a Constitution or becoming an authoritarian cult state?

One thing you have definitely accomplished is sharing your fear with the left.  People that went about their lives mostly ignoring the government now have unease and distrust.  They know that an authoritarian government headed by Donald Trump is not a just a conspiracy theorist's fantasy, but a possibility that many of his supporters would back.

There are two separate issues.

Is Donald Trump running for president? Let him.  If he wants to stand in a free and fair election, great. He will displace a better candidate. Since he brags at every rally about people kissing his ass, the lips of Ted Cruz would be the perfect running mate.  The Democrats would stand a good chance of winning if they put up a wise-cracking, pro-choice Max Headroom.

The second issue is holding on to our republic, as Franklin said, we have to keep it.  In order to do that, crimes have to be investigated and the perpetrators must face justice no matter who they are.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

The question the left asks is, will we continue to be a nation governed by our Constitution and ruled by laws and not men?  If we choose to be a nation governed by laws and no man is above the law, then the question becomes is Donald Trump governed by law or not? Is he subject to  the penalties for violating the law? That is what the left ponders. Are we a republic governed by a Constitution or becoming an authoritarian cult state?

One thing you have definitely accomplished is sharing your fear with the left.  People that went about their lives mostly ignoring the government now have unease and distrust.  They know that an authoritarian government headed by Donald Trump is not a just a conspiracy theorist's fantasy, but a possibility that many of his supporters would back.

There are two separate issues.

Is Donald Trump running for president? Let him.  If he wants to stand in a free and fair election, great. He will displace a better candidate. Since he brags at every rally about people kissing his ass, the lips of Ted Cruz would be the perfect running mate.  The Democrats would stand a good chance of winning if they put up a wise-cracking, pro-choice Max Headroom.

The second issue is holding on to our republic, as Franklin said, we have to keep it.  In order to do that, crimes have to be investigated and the perpetrators must face justice no matter who they are.

It was the duty of Congress to investigate the claims of Russian collusion concerning Trump. In the end, I suppose he was vindicated. The investigation yielded nothing to implicate Trump.

And that has been Trump's get out of jail free card. Any crime he is potentially suspected of he cries "Russia Hoax!!" 

There are real and substantial investigations ongoing into the man including his business dealings and matters related to trying to overturn a lawful election of which no evidence of voter fraud substantial enough to overturn the results.

Donald Trump: Investigations and lawsuits involving former President | CNN Politics

With that said, Michael Cohen informed congress that Trump would raise the value of properties for loans and lower them come tax time, and Trump plead the fifth 440 times related to this and has offered to settle with the New York Attorney General, of which she declined. If you listen to all the other things Michael Cohen has said concerning Trump, and there is no reason not to, then people would see that he is not a nice person. He has called Christian's "fools" and "schmucks" and when Trump speaks, he has conditioned his followers to only listen to what he says and ignore the "lamestream media" or "fake news." 

And the infamous meme is laughable.... In reality they are after him for crimes, and he puts the American public in the way. January 6th is one example, and his and Lindsey Grahams cries of riots and protest are another. Put them in the way, let them go to jail, just to keep me out of it.

gdfg.webp

Edited by MGB
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1