Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Joe Biden says pandemic is over

DieChecker

CNN: Biden: 'The pandemic is over'.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/18/politics/biden-pandemic-60-minutes/index.html

(CNN)President Joe Biden said he believes the Covid-19 pandemic is "over" in an appearance on CBS' "60 Minutes," but acknowledged the US still has a "problem" with the virus that has killed more than 1 million Americans.

"The pandemic is over. We still have a problem with Covid. We're still doing a lot of work on it. It's -- but the pandemic is over," Biden said.

The US government still designates Covid-19 a Public Health Emergency and the World Health Organization says it remains a Public Health Emergency of International Concern. But the President's comments follow other hopeful comments from global health leaders.

So does that mean only in the USA? 

I thought the Biden Administration went by the WHO designation.

It certainly feels like most people are "over" it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Most were over it after the first few months once death statistics were showing who were at immediate risk of death.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Does that mean the flu can now exist again?

The seasonal flu? It's always been among the populations. It never disappeared.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DieChecker said:

CNN: Biden: 'The pandemic is over'.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/18/politics/biden-pandemic-60-minutes/index.html

So does that mean only in the USA? 

I thought the Biden Administration went by the WHO designation.

Aren't they saying the same?

Public Health Emergency of International Concern

Is not a pandemic. It's a problem of high concern meaning it could get worse and is potentially a community problem. Monkey pox is of high concern but is not a pandemic.

Stringent measures haven't been deployed for a while now. I think that illustrates what he said? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

That was completely taken out of context for some stupid political agenda narrative. 

The WHO and the CDC has repeatedly warned of new variants common with the progressive phases of coronovirus strains.

Damn. It's that simple.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, pallidin said:

The WHO and the CDC has repeatedly warned of new variants common with the progressive phases of coronovirus strains.

''In time, virologists predict, the virus will become more benign, following an evolutionary pathway previously taken by four other human coronaviruses that today cause nothing more than the “common cold”.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7825868/

It's over. It's time to leave that fear mindset behind.

We have lived with the common cold before. No need for masks, vaccine mandates or 6ft social distancing rules.

Edited by Occult1
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

''In time, virologists predict, the virus will become more benign, following an evolutionary pathway previously taken by four other human coronaviruses that today cause nothing more than the “common cold”.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7825868/

It's over. It's time to leave that fear mindset behind.

We have lived with the common cold before. No need for masks, vaccine mandates or 6ft social distancing rules.

You didn't know the BA.5 variants, including BA 4.6 are spreading?

Covid is NOT over with.

Get your facts straight.

You are dangerously misreprenting what's going on. Did you even read the article? I did. You seem to pick and choose fragmented statements which fit your pro-Trump agenda.

Learn to read.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Occult1 said:

Does that mean the flu can now exist again?

Yes, at least until the NEXT civilization ending scourge TM  :innocent:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, pallidin said:

Covid is NOT over with.

Get your facts straight.

Are there a lot of hospitalizations and deaths in your community, these days?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, and-then said:

Are there a lot of hospitalizations and deaths in your community, these days?

No, but there are some. Wait till BA.5 takes hold for elderly or immune-compromised. What's your point?

I have FULLY read the WHO and CDC reports.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Here, let me put this to rest with FACTS.

The omicron subvariant of COVID-19, BA.5, has become one of the dominant strains of the virus in the U.S. It's the most easily spread strain to date and is able to evade immunity from COVID infection and vaccination.

If you've been exposed to someone with the virus or have COVID-19 symptoms and are waiting for a test or your results, stay home and isolate from others.

https://health.ucdavis.edu/coronavirus/covid-19-information/omicron-variant

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm done with this thread. Facts given. Bye.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, pallidin said:

It will always spread and constantly change with new strains appearing regularly. It doesn't mean we should worry more about it than the common cold or flu.

Edited by Occult1
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

It will always spread and constantly change with new strains appearing regularly. It doesn't mean we should worry more about it than the common cold or flu.

I don't think you get it. BA-5 is to-date the most highly transmissible variant so-far, and is unusually resistant to those even having been fully vaccinated previously.

It can kill the elderly or those with compromised immune systems.

Damn, at least read the article I posted above. Explains it all.

https://health.ucdavis.edu/coronavirus/covid-19-information/omicron-variant

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Katniss said:

Actually, if you look at the numbers of influenza cases reported during 2020 and 2021, the flu nearly DID disappear.  The officials who explained this said that it was due to the massive emphasis on hygiene and masking.  Since the masking portion of that claim has been thoroughly rebutted, one can only assume the handwashing nearly caused the flu to disappear.  Who knows?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, and-then said:

Actually, if you look at the numbers of influenza cases reported during 2020 and 2021, the flu nearly DID disappear.  The officials who explained this said that it was due to the massive emphasis on hygiene and masking.  Since the masking portion of that claim has been thoroughly rebutted, one can only assume the handwashing nearly caused the flu to disappear.  Who knows?

Where the hell are you getting your info from?

Here's the FACTS:

CDC estimates that flu has resulted in 9 million – 41 million illnesses, 140,000 – 710,000 hospitalizations and 12,000 – 52,000 deaths annually between 2010 and 2020.

Source: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html#:~:text=CDC estimates that flu has,annually between 2010 and 2020.

You are right about the handwashing, as BA-5 is "contact transmissible"

Earlier variants where respiratory transmissible.

This is what makes BA-5 so easily transmissible, as we all touch store items, doorknobs, credit card machines etc. And each other.

I think there are new vaccine(s) coming-up to help deal with this.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Katniss said:

And this yesrs flu is a right prick. Nearly did for my father and took me nearly six weeks to recover fully (and still left me weak enough to get strep throat, which I have now)

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

29 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

And this yesrs flu is a right prick. Nearly did for my father and took me nearly six weeks to recover fully (and still left me weak enough to get strep throat, which I have now)

Yeah, there are several very dangerous flu strains circulating, just read the CDC website. 

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, pallidin said:

Yeah, there are several very dangerous flu strains circulating, just read the CDC website. 

Yeap, and we were both immunised. Dad’d probably have moved to his last address if he wasn’t.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pallidin said:

The CDC, the WHO... they got it so wrong. Wild predictions of deaths on a biblical scale that never materialised with very little salvation from masks and jabs. Time to stop quoting the CDC and scientists with their make believe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

biden was wearing masks outside just 2 weeks ago and now he declares it over.   More mid term election fluff and his cult will eat it up.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

- Hugs - :( So sorry to hear that. The seasonal flu is no fun, I know. For some people it can be as bad as covid. Hopefully your health gets better for you and your dad.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Maybe the administration will come out that he misspoke?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/biden-covid-pandemic-over/

In an interview on "60 Minutes" Sunday night, President Biden said the COVID-19 pandemic is "over" in the United States.

"The pandemic is over. We still have a problem with COVID. We're still doing a lotta work on it. ... But the pandemic is over," Mr. Biden said. 

The interview was done as he walked the floor of the Detroit Auto Show last week. Gesturing around the hall, Mr. Biden observed, "If you notice, no one's wearing masks. Everybody seems to be in pretty good shape. And so I think it's changing. And I think this is a perfect example of it."

He might have ment that people are treating it like it's over. But obviously it is not.

The remark contradicts statements made by his own aides earlier this month, as they have urged Americans to seek out an updated booster ahead of a feared fall and winter wave of the virus. 

"The pandemic isn't over. And we will remain vigilant, and of course, we continue to look for and prepare for unforeseen twists and turns," Dr. Ashish Jha, the White House's top COVID-19 official, told reporters on September 6.

COVID-19 deaths are still averaging around 400 a day nationwide, levels that federal health officials have decried as "still too high." 

Officials have also signaled that a public health emergency declaration for COVID-19 is expected to be renewed at least once more this year.

Oh Joe, you say the oddest things.

Golly, thanks Joe.

Boosters forever!