Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Doctors treat woman who swallowed 55 AA and AAA batteries

UM-Bot

12 hours ago, UM-Bot said:

The incident, which was evidently an act of self harm, has been described by doctors as a world first...

Does that mean, she'll qualify for entering the Guiness Book?

• Haha 2

I've got my own weird problems, but I wonder what possesses a person to do that.

I prefer munching on car batteries...

:passifier:

Edited by pallidin

She could of died from the mere fact that batteries contain acid. 

• Like 2

On 9/20/2022 at 1:12 AM, pallidin said:

I've got my own weird problems, but I wonder what possesses a person to do that.

I prefer munching on car batteries...

:passifier:

she suicidal. I once ate battery acid as a kid too. Surprisingly nothing happened. Tasted interesting.

• Haha 4

Having ingested one or two could pass like a bad drunk challenge but more than that is clearly a mental issue... after 20 you clearly have the cue that it will not kill you fast enough.

Maybe she married a flashlight and wanted to be like him ? We have seen some case of furniture involved in wedding lately...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

...I once ate battery acid as a kid too. Surprisingly nothing happened...

Wait up. On average, if a woman doesen't die of cancer in her early 40s, she's more than likely to survive until well beyond what was once a Biblical old age

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't some part of the stomach, either digestive juices or the lining, essentially "close the circuit" resulting in electrocution of some kind?

• 5 months later...

she'd been running none stop for 5 days before they managed to catch up & get her to Hospital 

When I was in the hospital after a serious asthma attack (Storm asthma is a b**** folks), there was an aggressive woman in the next bed who jammed batteries up her vagina and the ED nurses and Doctors were trying to get her to pass them and she was demanding surgery.