Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man admits to killing teen after political dispute

el midgetron

MCHENRY, N.D. (Valley News Live) - A community is mourning the loss of an 18-year-old man from Grace City, North Dakota, as investigators look into what led up to a deadly crash. Foster County Deputies were called to a hit-and-run that happened in an alleyway near Johnston Street and Jones Avenue in McHenry, ND.

Court documents say at 2:35 Sunday morning, 41-year-old Shannon Brandt called 911 to report that he had hit a pedestrian because he was threatening him. Brandt told State Radio that the pedestrian was part of a Republican extremist group and that he was afraid they were “coming to get him.” The pedestrian has been identified in a GoFundMe page as 18-year-old Cayler Ellingson.

https://www.valleynewslive.com/2022/09/19/man-admits-killing-teen-after-political-dispute-foster-co/

• Like 1
  • Sad 8

7 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

MCHENRY, N.D. (Valley News Live) - A community is mourning the loss of an 18-year-old man from Grace City, North Dakota, as investigators look into what led up to a deadly crash. Foster County Deputies were called to a hit-and-run that happened in an alleyway near Johnston Street and Jones Avenue in McHenry, ND.

Court documents say at 2:35 Sunday morning, 41-year-old Shannon Brandt called 911 to report that he had hit a pedestrian because he was threatening him. Brandt told State Radio that the pedestrian was part of a Republican extremist group and that he was afraid they were “coming to get him.” The pedestrian has been identified in a GoFundMe page as 18-year-old Cayler Ellingson.

https://www.valleynewslive.com/2022/09/19/man-admits-killing-teen-after-political-dispute-foster-co/

I wonder where he got the idea that Republicans were an extremist threat and had to be dealt with?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Wait, this can't be true.  I thought the threat was from the ultra MAGA crowd?  This guy runs down an unarmed young man because he feels "threatened" by him?  That wouldn't be acceptable regardless of what a person's politics were.  If this guy was able to get into his vehicle and the young man was not armed, this was MURDER, plain and simple.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Knob Oddy said:

I wonder where he got the idea that Republicans were an extremist threat and had to be dealt with?

Yall are silly lol.

While you blame this random murder on Bidens speech you at the same time say it's not Trump's fault for Jan 6th despite being a key note speaker at that very event. An event that was gathered specifically to STOP THE STEAL.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

What made Mr. Brandt think it was a credible enough threat that he had to kill someone over it?

He read an email on Hunter Biden's laptop.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

Yall are silly lol.

While you blame this random murder on Bidens speech you at the same time say it's not Trump's fault for Jan 6th despite being a key note speaker at that very event. An event that was gathered specifically to STOP THE STEAL.

So are you saying that neither trump or Biden are responsible for the actions of others, or that they are?  :lol: 
jk I know what you’re saying. 

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Yall are silly lol.

Double standard etc. Thats expected from trump bent knees grasping.

I looked at the link there is far too little information given and far too much left out to make any rational theory much less conclusion about this one,

After years and countless times of this type crime and violence coming from trumps side it had to happen someone would loon out and blame those "nutty trump worshippers" and act out of in fear of what they might do.

The killer is guilty but of what crime or crimes remains to be seen with more information and evidence i have no doubts he will be convicted.

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

So are you saying that neither trump or Biden are responsible for the actions of others, or that they are?  :lol: 

Of course not. 

Biden's speeches are like the Song of Sirens rendering all listeners under a hypnotic spell compelling them to murder with anything other than firearms. 

Trump's stream of consciousness is esoterica - with a deep and profound wisdom - invisible to the foolish.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Golden Duck said:

Of course not. 

Biden's speeches are like the Song of Sirens rendering all listeners under a hypnotic spell compelling them to murder with anything other than firearms. 

Trump's stream of consciousness is esoterica - with a deep and profound wisdom - invisible to the foolish.

I think they’re both sublime 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

Yall are silly lol.

I didn't mention Biden at all, you (along with those who liked your post) made that connection in your mind.

Maybe thats telling 

Edited by Knob Oddy
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

If this doesn't show how out of hand the left/right BS is in America I don't know what does. 

I’m not disagreeing that LvR is out of hand but this seems more like an excuse for drunken rage

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

jk I know what you’re saying. 

Generally I see lone unhinged murders as different than large coordinated events.

So if someones standard for blame is as low as a lone murder, than that same person should also be giving Trump blame for Jan 6th.

Like I think it was silly to blame Trump everytime a Mexican was attacked. Or everytime a mass shooter blames an ideology (like the New Zealand kid)

There are exceptions to the rule though, not all black and white. Like in Hitler's Germany I think it would be fair to blame his rhetoric and policies for citizens attacking Jews.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Knob Oddy said:

I didn't mention Biden at all, you made that connection in your mind.

Maybe thats telling 

Yeah, I thought you were referencing the presidents speech too. Weren’t you?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Knob Oddy said:

I didn't mention Biden at all, you (along with those who liked your post) made that connection in your mind.

Maybe thats telling 

Sure :rolleyes:. You can be disingenuous if you want. No one can stop you 

• Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I think they’re both sublime 

They're both a 90's band :o haha

• Haha 3

Just now, OverSword said:

I’m not disagreeing that LvR is out of hand but this seems more like an excuse for drunken rage

AT posts like he would take matters into his own hands like this. That's the impression I get anyway. He's not the only one (not you).

But in this instance, I'd say you're spot on. Can't handle his drink and now a kid is dead. Hope he rots in jail. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Yeah, I thought you were referencing the presidents speech too. Weren’t you?

That was my first thought, especially considering he used almost the exact same wording as the president if his quote is accurate.

But I am open to ideas.

I think this murderer was just grasping at straws and trying all he could to avoid responsibility for his actions

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Or everytime a mass shooter blames an ideology (like the New Zealand kid)

To be fair, that was an Australian that moved to New Zealand to live.  Which is something that is not normal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Regardless of his politics what this guy did is despicable. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

North Dakota, probably heavily republican.

Desperate and misguided attempt at claiming he can't get a fair trial?