Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man admits to killing teen after political dispute

el midgetron

They can't define a woman but somehow know what an 'republican extremist' is?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Myles said:

"I have a job, a life and a house and things that I don't exactly want to see go by the wayside — family that are very important to me," he said.

I wonder how important that 18 year old boy was to his family?  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

U. of Iowa Police Arrest Man for Disrupting Turning Point USA Presentation, Destroying a Projector

“During our presentation we played a harmless meme of Kamala Harris welcoming a bus full of migrants, set to tasteful mariachi music,” Johnson added. “That is when a low-T leftist strung-out on pure soy snapped into a violent rage.”

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2022/09/21/u-of-iowa-police-arrest-man-for-disrupting-turning-point-usa-presentation-destroying-a-projector/

Ah, the sweet, caring, tolerant left.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I wonder how important that 18 year old boy was to his family?  

Yeah. What a psychopath. 

• Like 4

On 9/22/2022 at 3:00 AM, preacherman76 said:

Are you sure he coordinated the riots? Conspired with others before hand? 

Local news coverage is all over this case.  The prosecutors presented his instant messages with other Jan.6 members if that is what you are asking.  Both sides rested their case and we should get a verdict soon: Prosecution, defense rest in Doug Jensen trial, closing arguments set for Friday (kcci.com)

Edited by Gromdor

Sooo....  Has anyone found out if this man is even a Democrat, what the fight was over, what extremist group the kid was accused of being a part of or anything?  

It would be a bit of an embarrassment if this turned out to be Republican on  Republican violence or even Independent on Republican violence.  Or even worse, to find out the kid wasn't even a Republican.

35 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Sooo....  Has anyone found out if this man is even a Democrat, what the fight was over, what extremist group the kid was accused of being a part of or anything?  

WHY would any of that matter in this case?  The man condemned himself with the words from his own mouth.  This young man could have been a budding Trump and the guy still was IN HIS VEHICLE and had the ability to LEAVE the scene.  What part of that do you not understand?  It would be an open and shut case even down here amongst the scary "red-neck" troglodytes where I live.  When this thing is finally hashed out in court I'm willing to bet that the killer was drunk, had a political argument where the kid did what kids will do and ran his mouth, and this guy couldn't walk away.  He should be tried for premeditation, not manslaughter.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, and-then said:

WHY would any of that matter in this case?  The man condemned himself with the words from his own mouth.  This young man could have been a budding Trump and the guy still was IN HIS VEHICLE and had the ability to LEAVE the scene.  What part of that do you not understand?  It would be an open and shut case even down here amongst the scary "red-neck" troglodytes where I live.  When this thing is finally hashed out in court I'm willing to bet that the killer was drunk, had a political argument where the kid did what kids will do and ran his mouth, and this guy couldn't walk away.  He should be tried for premeditation, not manslaughter.

Why do facts matter before we place judgement?  Because people who judge without the facts tend to make wrong judgements.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Why do facts matter before we place judgement?  Because people who judge without the facts tend to make wrong judgements.  

Why does it matter what the victim was? The “alleged” murderer admitted to the murder because he thought the victim was a Republican.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Why does it matter what the victim was? The “alleged” murderer admitted to the murder because he thought the victim was a Republican.

To prove motive?  To disprove a self-defense argument?  I can think of quite a few legally pertinent reasons why it might be important.  If the kid was a member of say- the Aryan Nation. Something with a history (and body count) of violence.  The drunk fool, might indeed have thought his life was in danger. 

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

To prove motive?  To disprove a self-defense argument?  I can think of quite a few legally pertinent reasons why it might be important.  If the kid was a member of say- the Aryan Nation. Something with a history (and body count) of violence.  The drunk fool, might indeed have thought his life was in danger. 

Short of the kid having a gun, actively firing it at the man, running him over and driving away is a bit (pardon the pun) overkill-y and entirely murder-y. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Short of the kid having a gun, actively firing it at the man, running him over and driving away is a bit (pardon the pun) overkill-y and entirely murder-y. 

No argument there. But the only information we have is the incomplete information that has been released so far.  Frankly a 40ish old man in North Dakota fits the sterotype of a Republican than an 18yr kid.  I see posters accepting this to be politically motivated but we have no idea who is from what affiliation, or whether the original fight was even over politics.

I also find the whole idea of kiling someone over politics at a party a little suspect.  Over a girl- maybe?   Family grudge- maybe?  But for being a Republican in a deep red state? - I don't see it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gromdor said:

I also find the whole idea of kiling someone over politics at a party a little suspect.  Over a girl- maybe?   Family grudge- maybe?  But for being a Republican in a deep red state? - I don't see it.

Well, if you haven't noticed the growing rage out there over politics I don't know what to tell ya.  Politics aside though, when a person tells you from their own mouth how and why they killed someone, I'd think that would be all that's necessary from a legal angle.  The guy has no excuse if "he threatened me" is his "reason".  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gromdor said:

No argument there. But the only information we have is the incomplete information that has been released so far.  Frankly a 40ish old man in North Dakota fits the sterotype of a Republican than an 18yr kid.  I see posters accepting this to be politically motivated but we have no idea who is from what affiliation, or whether the original fight was even over politics.

Looking the the US from the outside? They’re getting beyond factional, they’re getting tribal. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Local news coverage is all over this case.  The prosecutors presented his instant messages with other Jan.6 members if that is what you are asking.  Both sides rested their case and we should get a verdict soon: Prosecution, defense rest in Doug Jensen trial, closing arguments set for Friday (kcci.com)

I don’t see anything in there that didn’t suggest he was just caught up in the moment, as events played out. 

Why does this guy get persecuted, when they  have at least two others preaching revolution, and charging the capital the day before it happened? Literally conspiring, and trying to influence the crowd. 

22 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

From the link.

North Dakota Highway Patrol Captain Bryan Niewind told Fox News Digital on Thursday that there was "no evidence" supporting the claim Ellingson was part of an extremist group.

"There is no evidence to support the claim Brandt made about Ellingson," Niewind said.

• Like 1

Inconsistent reporting.

FARGO (KVRR-KFGO) – The North Dakota Highway Patrol is speaking out after last weekend’s fatal hit-and-run crash after a street dance in McHenry has become a national political talking point.

“I understand why that happened because there was a statement made by the suspect when he called 911, but there is no evidence to support this was politically motivated at all,” North Dakota Highway Patrol Capt. Bryan Niewind said.

https://www.kvrr.com/2022/09/23/highway-patrol-says-no-evidence-that-hit-and-run-was-politically-motivated/

14 hours ago, Gromdor said:

So men in their 40's in North Dakota have to be Republicans?     You are going out of your way to make this a Rep. on kid violent act.    Transparent.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, and-then said:

Well, if you haven't noticed the growing rage out there over politics I don't know what to tell ya.  Politics aside though, when a person tells you from their own mouth how and why they killed someone, I'd think that would be all that's necessary from a legal angle.  The guy has no excuse if "he threatened me" is his "reason".  

Yep, the killer said it.   He was under the influence and was not thinking rationally but at the time he let the thoughts in his head.  

• Like 1

McHenry Pedestrian Fatality Update

NARRATIVE: On September 18th, 2022, a street dance was occurring in the city of McHenry 
located in Foster County. At approximately 2:55 AM a Ford Explorer being operated by 
Shannon Brandt struck a pedestrian walking on Jones Street directly east of Hohneck street in the city of McHenry. The pedestrian Cayler Ellingson sustained serious injuries and was transported to the Carrington hospital by ambulance. Ellingson later died from injuries sustained in the collision.

The North Dakota Highway Patrol, and the North Dakota Bureau of Criminal investigations are investigating the circumstances and events that led up to the death of Ellingson. Brandt was charged with DUI related Vehicular Homicide and leaving the scene of a crash involving a fatality. Further charges may be considered pending the ongoing investigation.

https://www.nd.gov/ndhp/sites/www/files/documents/News/2022-Media-Release/September 2022/2022.9.18.FosterCounty.PedestrianFatalCrash.UPDATE.pdf

https://www.nd.gov/ndhp/ndhp-news/2022-media-releases

Edited by Golden Duck

1 hour ago, Myles said:

So men in their 40's in North Dakota have to be Republicans?     You are going out of your way to make this a Rep. on kid violent act.    Transparent.

Well, the investigators have said there is no evidence this kid was part of an extremist group.  Heck, there is no evidence that he was conservative/republican at all.  They have also said there was no evidence that they had a politica dispute according to witnesses.

North Dakota official says 'no evidence' supports suspect's claim teen was Republican 'extremist' (msn.com)

The truth of matter is easy enough to find out, but strangely no one wants to wait and you get posters (like above) who are already making claims prematurely.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

I don’t see anything in there that didn’t suggest he was just caught up in the moment, as events played out. 

Why does this guy get persecuted, when they  have at least two others preaching revolution, and charging the capital the day before it happened? Literally conspiring, and trying to influence the crowd. 

Well, he just found guilty on seven counts.  I am curious on what the sentence is going to be.

But I see your point.  The guy's whole defense was that he was dumb, caught up in the moment, and mislead by Qanon and other fringe groups.  The jury still found him guilty- after all, it was he who did the crimes they are sitting on jury for and not the guys that brainwashed him.

• Like 3