Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man admits to killing teen after political dispute


el midgetron
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Desperate and misguided attempt at claiming he can't get a fair trial?

His lawyer can apply for a change of venue. But considering none of the January 6 defendants have been successful (yet) at getting their venue changed, I wouldn't hold my breath (not intending to draw a link between this event and J6, just pointing out the unlikelihood of a venue change). Changes of venue are very rare in legal cases. 

Edited by Paranoid Android
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

His lawyer can apply for a change of venue. But considering none of the January 6 defendants have been successful (yet) at getting their venue changed, I wouldn't hold my breath. Changes of venue are very rare in legal cases. 

Thank you for the legal opinion.  When I do actually have a genuine query about the operations of the Forster Country Justice System, it's good to know that there is one such as yourself just south of the border.

Having said that, this little sub-thread was focussed on the excuse offered by the, likely drunken, accused.

I've said some dumb things when I've been drunk; but, I've know how to speak to police.  EG:

  • Officer (O): Your mate's had a bit to drink, hasn't he?
  • Golden Duck (GD): I don't know.
  • O: Well I'm telling you he has.
  • GD: So that was a rhetorical question.
  • O: I don't know what that means.
  • GD: :mellow:

I was simply seeking a possible explanation for why he would offer essentially the same excuse as Juicy Smolliet, if the local court is probably not sympathetic?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Welcome to the new normal. You think it's bad now? It's going to get a lot worse before it gets better, if it ever does. I see a civil war happening in the US in less than a decade. That will kick off conflicts all over the world. Lack of water, and livable land world wide will just speed things up. All because of greed, and organized religion. I'm one of the lucky ones. I'm  old, and will probably be dead before all hell breaks loose. Future generations will not be kind to us, and I wouldn't blame them one bit. We've sown the wind, and now we reap the whirlwind. I really don't see any other future.

Perhaps after the dust has settled, what few people there are left will have learned something, but I doubt it. Humans are a self destructive species, and have been so from the beginning.

Sorry to be a Danny downer, but the writing is on the wall. It has been for a long time now.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Knob Oddy said:

I didn't mention Biden at all, you (along with those who liked your post) made that connection in your mind.

Maybe thats telling 

Not so fast, i liked his post but i took this...

4 hours ago, Knob Oddy said:

I wonder where he got the idea that Republicans were an extremist threat and had to be dealt with?

As you were trying to be ironically sarcastic being that everyone is well aware of all the bullying threats and fear mongering of violence trump and his worshippers have done.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Not so fast, i liked his post but i took this...

As you were trying to be ironically sarcastic being that everyone is well aware of all the bullying threats and fear mongering of violence trump and his worshippers have done.

He admitted as much.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

He admitted as much.

When he posted...

2 hours ago, Knob Oddy said:

I didn't mention Biden at all, you (along with those who liked your post) made that connection in your mind.

Maybe thats telling 

I admit i might have gotten confused but i get it, he was pointing out people do see trump for what he is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Golden Duck said:

Thank you for the legal opinion.  When I do actually have a genuine query about the operations of the Forster Country Justice System, it's good to know that there is one such as yourself just south of the border.

Having said that, this little sub-thread was focussed on the excuse offered by the, likely drunken, accused.

I've said some dumb things when I've been drunk; but, I've know how to speak to police.  EG:

  • Officer (O): Your mate's had a bit to drink, hasn't he?
  • Golden Duck (GD): I don't know.
  • O: Well I'm telling you he has.
  • GD: So that was a rhetorical question.
  • O: I don't know what that means.
  • GD: :mellow:

I was simply seeking a possible explanation for why he would offer essentially the same excuse as Juicy Smolliet, if the local court is probably not sympathetic?

Difference between this case and Jussie Smollett is that there's actually a real victim in this situation! 

As for the comment itself, I was simply pointing out that the political views of the people likely to be jurors doesn't seem to be very relevant to whether a court changes venue or not. 

I'm sure this guy has a million excuses for why he did what he did.... 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

Difference between this case and Jussie Smollett is that there's actually a real victim in this situation! 

As for the comment itself, I was simply pointing out that the political views of the people likely to be jurors doesn't seem to be very relevant to whether a court changes venue or not. 

I'm sure this guy has a million excuses for why he did what he did.... 

None of that is germane to what I said.  Do you perceive you are correcting something?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Did he really threaten this man with violence from his friends? 

He had the capability to get into a vehicle and leave.  He was under no imminent threat but he CHOSE to use his vehicle to run the guy down - MURDER.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

None of that is germane to what I said.  Do you perceive you are correcting something?

Correcting, no. Clarifying, perhaps. And believe it or not, I'm actually agreeing with you!

I was simply commenting that if the guy's plan is to claim a biased jury pool and therefore request a change of venue, it will almost certainly fail (you called it "desperate and misguided", hence my conclusion that we are actually agreeing with each other). Unless I misunderstood your intentions in asking about the politics of potential jurors, I think "desperate and misguided" is as good a way as any to describe him.

Edited by Paranoid Android
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Gromdor said:

So much information is missing from this story...

The testimony from the 18 year old, for example. Nothing yet proves that the motive was political. And even if it was, an 18 year old is not yet capable of rational political judgement, despite voting ages having been lowered. Some, if not, many countries disputedly even still apply juvenile sentencing to biological adults, depending how the presiding courts evaluate the defendant's level of maturity.

In any event, young persons must be first given time to collect life experiences, before calling their politics into question

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Yall are silly lol.

While you blame this random murder on Bidens speech you at the same time say it's not Trump's fault for Jan 6th despite being a key note speaker at that very event. An event that was gathered specifically to STOP THE STEAL.

Well let’s see. On one hand you have a president who asked people to peacefully let their voices be heard. Who in no way said anything that can be construed to intentionally cause violence. 
 

On the other hand you have a president who called half the country “our greatest threat to democracy”. That and much more, some worse. 
 

How is this the same again?

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Well let’s see. On one hand you have a president who asked people to peacefully let their voices be heard. Who in no way said anything that can be construed to intentionally cause violence. 
 

On the other hand you have a president who called half the country “our greatest threat to democracy”. That and much more, some worse. 
 

How is this the same again?

As I replied to Oversword.

 

Quote

Generally I see lone unhinged murders as different than large coordinated events.

 

So if someones standard for blame is as low as a lone murder, than that same person should also be giving Trump blame for Jan 6th.

 

 Like I think it was silly to blame Trump everytime a Mexican was attacked. Or everytime a mass shooter blames an ideology (like the New Zealand kid)

 

There are exceptions to the rule though, not all black and white. Like in Hitler's Germany I think it would be fair to blame his rhetoric and policies for citizens attacking Jews.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

As I replied to Oversword.

 

 

The only people who coordinated 1/6, is the FBI. I’m sure 99% of the people there had no idea they’d be breaking into the capital. They were foolishly encouraged. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

The only people who coordinated 1/6, is the FBI. I’m sure 99% of the people there had no idea they’d be breaking into the capital. They were foolishly encouraged. 

We have a guy here, Doug Jenson that is going through his trial as we speak.  He was a laborer for the bricklayers down in Des Moines (construction) and I think I might have bumped into him on jobsites a few times over the years.  But long story short, I am sure he is not FBI.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

The only people who coordinated 1/6, is the FBI. I’m sure 99% of the people there had no idea they’d be breaking into the capital. They were foolishly encouraged. 

I believe you better grab up your supportive evidence your proof and present it trump will be so delighted with youfor doing what his legal team failed epic at he might just let you be a bathroom attendant at marlago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/21/2022 at 8:14 AM, el midgetron said:

MCHENRY, N.D. (Valley News Live) - A community is mourning the loss of an 18-year-old man from Grace City, North Dakota, as investigators look into what led up to a deadly crash. Foster County Deputies were called to a hit-and-run that happened in an alleyway near Johnston Street and Jones Avenue in McHenry, ND.

Court documents say at 2:35 Sunday morning, 41-year-old Shannon Brandt called 911 to report that he had hit a pedestrian because he was threatening him. Brandt told State Radio that the pedestrian was part of a Republican extremist group and that he was afraid they were “coming to get him.” The pedestrian has been identified in a GoFundMe page as 18-year-old Cayler Ellingson.

https://www.valleynewslive.com/2022/09/19/man-admits-killing-teen-after-political-dispute-foster-co/

why isn’t this literal act of politically motivated murder being spoken about more in the media?

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

why isn’t this literal act of politically motivated murder being spoken about more in the media?

The National Motorist Association is suppressing it? :innocent:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Gromdor said:

We have a guy here, Doug Jenson that is going through his trial as we speak.  He was a laborer for the bricklayers down in Des Moines (construction) and I think I might have bumped into him on jobsites a few times over the years.  But long story short, I am sure he is not FBI.  

Are you sure he coordinated the riots? Conspired with others before hand? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, the13bats said:

I believe you better grab up your supportive evidence your proof and present it trump will be so delighted with youfor doing what his legal team failed epic at he might just let you be a bathroom attendant at marlago.

The FBI director telling us they are unable to talk about or even deny any of it, tells me all I need to know. 
 

It’s not like they don’t do it all the time. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Golden Duck said:

The National Motorist Association is suppressing it? :innocent:

I wouldn’t put it beyond them it doesn’t fit with their narrative of the only thing that stops a bad guy with a car is a good guy with a car.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

UPDATE:

I hope the judge doesn't go easy on the killer.

Shannon Brandt, 41, spent just days in a Stutsman County Jail on criminal charges related to the death of 18-year-old Cayler Ellingson before he posted his $50,000 bond and was released, according to county jail records.

He is charged with vehicular homicide and leaving the scene of an accident.

"I have a job, a life and a house and things that I don't exactly want to see go by the wayside — family that are very important to me," he said.

Brandt was arrested Sunday morning after telling first responders that he struck the teen because the pedestrian was threatening him," according to a probable-cause affidavit provided to Fox News Digital on Wednesday morning.

He "stated that the pedestrian called some people and Brandt was afraid they were coming to get him," the document continues. "Brandt admitted to State Radio that he hit the pedestrian and that the pedestrian was part of a Republican extremist group."

North Dakota Highway Patrol on Sunday reported that there was a "street dance" on Jones Street near Hohneck Street in McHenry when Brandt struck Ellingson and then fled the scene.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

FdMKAkzXEAAnLxb.jpg.34e505c67f59ff122e5b00fb37ae2e99.jpg

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/20/2022 at 11:22 PM, Knob Oddy said:

I wonder where he got the idea that Republicans were an extremist threat and had to be dealt with?

FdN2zQGagAI7dIK.thumb.jpg.e472bb5cc834d2fe5dfa19acccf24e15.jpg

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.