Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NY AG files $250 million civil lawsuit against Trump family

Tiggs

Well no surprise  here. Funny thing is,  if he and his family did all this, why not go after him  years ago? Not like he was hiding in plain sight. I'm not sticking up for the man, but they have had plenty of  time to do this.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, HollyDolly said:

Well no surprise  here. Funny thing is,  if he and his family did all this, why not go after him  years ago? Not like he was hiding in plain sight. I'm not sticking up for the man, but they have had plenty of  time to do this.

In years past, they have been penalized for their false charity work and for Trump U and a few other things, but they kept getting more brazen and public with their antics.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, HollyDolly said:

What we are witnessing is the DC/Globalist crowd in full self-defense mode.  It will continue until the day he dies.  The message to everyone else who might imagine they can take on these entrenched powers is "this will happen to YOU, too".  It's actually disgusting that so many would be cheering it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Is this a different lawsuit than they one they dropped last year, or did the new AG pick it back up?

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, and-then said:

The message to everyone else who might imagine they can take on these entrenched powers is "this will happen to YOU, too". 

Ah yes, I can't wait for the government to come after me for keeping classified documents  and for tax fraud related to the multi million dollar businesses I own lol

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

No one thinks this is somewhat fishy?  Midterms are nearly here and the Left are getting desperate.  They are probably using the files from the Mar-a-Lago raid to hastily slap this suit together.  If an AG of NY is bringing only a civil law suit.  That tells me that they have nothing in the first place or they would have gone with a criminal suit.  All this time that Ms James had to pull the trigger, and it's going to go the way of all the other shams.  Trump just gets more popular with each and every misstep of the Left.  I suspect that in a few weeks, the polls will show that the MAGA movement is getting stronger.  And this law suit will fade away with all the others.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

No one thinks this is somewhat fishy?  Midterms are nearly here and the Left are getting desperate.  They are probably using the files from the Mar-a-Lago raid to hastily slap this suit together.  If an AG of NY is bringing only a civil law suit.  That tells me that they have nothing in the first place or they would have gone with a criminal suit.  All this time that Ms James had to pull the trigger, and it's going to go the way of all the other shams.  Trump just gets more popular with each and every misstep of the Left.  I suspect that in a few weeks, the polls will show that the MAGA movement is getting stronger.  And this law suit will fade away with all the others.

Trump's organization sent a settlement offer a month ago.

Trump has denied wrongdoing and has called James' investigation a politically motivated "witch hunt" by an attorney general he has called "racist." James, who is black, rejected a settlement offer from the Trump Organization last month to resolve the matter, sources told ABC News.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Ah yes, I can't wait for the government to come after me for keeping classified documents  and for tax fraud related to the multi million dollar businesses I own lol

If they seize control, they will go after all the useful idiots first that aided their rise to power.  So just get ready.

2 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

If they seize control, they will go after all the useful idiots first that aided their rise to power.  So just get ready.

That's logical 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, spartan max2 said:

That's logical 

And thus why it's so hard to compute for some.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

Trump's organization sent a settlement offer a month ago.

And?  That does not show guilt.  That shows that he thinks this is trivial and would be easier to just pay off the blackmail.  Now that it has been rejected, it will be the end of her career.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

And?  That does not show guilt.  That shows that he thinks this is trivial and would be easier to just pay off the blackmail.  Now that it has been rejected, it will be the end of her career.

Perhaps. It certainly doesn't show innocence. Time will tell.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Perhaps. It certainly doesn't show innocence. Time will tell.

He doesn’t have to show innocence.  She has to show guilt.  Her arrogance will be her undoing.  She should have quit while she could to save face.

3 hours ago, HollyDolly said:

Maybe he was blackmailing the previous NY AG.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HollyDolly said:

I guess no one knew he was doing this until Michael Cohen sat before congress and described how Trump would raise values for loans and deflate values when it became tax time. So, the New York Attorney General of whom Trump has called a racist on a political "witch hunt" has indeed uncovered undisputable evidence of such occurrences and gave many, many examples.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, RavenHawk said:

She is referring the criminal portions to the IRS and other agencies.

• Like 5

It is amazing to see Trump once again being branded as the victim here. She isn't bringing this to trial over made up or no evidence.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

You running for President, are you?

13 minutes ago, MGB said:

It is amazing to see Trump once again being branded as the victim here. She isn't bringing this to trial over made up or no evidence.

She is. As were all the other charges that somehow he’s not sitting in sing-sing for. He’s either VERY good at avoiding being declared guilty or they’re getting frivolous with their lawsuits.

• Haha 2

The germination of this suit may have started with Michael Cohen testifying before Congress under oath about Trump business practices. But of course, he might not have been telling the truth, so the investigation proceeded to find the actual facts. Turns out Cohen was pretty accurate.

Along the way,  evidence of Trump family fraud with charities was exposed, collecting money for veterans and orphans and using the money for themselves.  That is a pattern Donald Trump has continued to this day with PAC's.  It is safer to bilk voters and use the money to pay your lawyers than lie about a charity.

Along the way Trump U was shut down for deceiving students.

Along the way evidence was found about the Trump Organization changing the value of real estate  depending on applications for loans or paying taxes.

Along the way Deutsche Bank and others stopped loaning Trump Organization money because of their irregularities.

Along the way , Mazars, Trumps accountants,  came out with a statement that said the public can no longer trust their financial analysis of Trump Organization because they were supplied with false information by Trump Organization.

Along the way Eric Trump and Donald Trump each pleaded the 5th Amendment  hundreds of times in their depositions.   Pleading the 5th is not held against a defendant in a criminal trial, but it can be presented to a jury in a civil  trial as evidence of guilt.  As a famous man once said, "If you are innocent, you don't plead th e5th.  Only mobsters plead the 5th. "

Along the way the CFO of Trump Organization was found guilty of tax evasion on benefits received.  He refused to testify against Donald Trump, but will testify against Trump Organization.

It has taken several years to collect the facts and do the research and make the case secure.  Every statement by the prosecutor will be questioned and examined by Trump's legal team.   If there are any errors, they will be found by Trump's team.  If they do find a false statement, it may  result in acquittal.

It is a civil rather than a criminal case and Trump Organization and its principles are defendants,  Donald Trump himself may have no direct links, no emails, no phone records, no testimony that can link him to Trump Organization misdeeds.  Suing his kids may prompt them to say something though so they don't take all of the blame alone.  Civil or criminal, it is serious.  It could effectively shut Trump Organization down.

If you are a devoted follower of a privileged individual that thinks an elite should not abide by equal justice under the law, then you would declare this a witch hunt.

If you believe in equal justice under the law, even for elites, then you think that the wheels of justice do turn slowly but eventually even brazenly corrupt elites face  justice.  Then it reaffirms belief in our justice system and is cause for celebration.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

6 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

He’s either VERY good at avoiding being declared guilty

It is one of his superpowers.  Nothing written down, no emails, limited phone records, and the habit of kingly speech: "Will no one rid me of this meddlesome priest?"  then the follow up: "It wasn't me. Hey I didn't tell the loyal knights seeking my favor to kill him."

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

She is. As were all the other charges that somehow he’s not sitting in sing-sing for. He’s either VERY good at avoiding being declared guilty or they’re getting frivolous with their lawsuits.

I would of agreed without until witnessing Trump's actions after the 2020 election. Now I don't give him any benefit of the doubt.

Trump has never been successfully charged but many around him have. It seems people get thrown under the bus. Roger stone for example. 

And I think Trump university did get successfully sued for false advertising or something by former students. 

Edit: 11 Trump associates have been charged with crimes.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/21/politics/tom-barrack-trump-arrested/index.html

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, RavenHawk said:

He doesn’t have to show innocence.  She has to show guilt.  Her arrogance will be her undoing.  She should have quit while she could to save face.

Here is the Trump charity from 2018 with New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman and continued by New York Attorney General Barbara Underwood.

The sleazy New York Democrats, and their now disgraced (and run out of town) A.G. Eric Schneiderman, are doing everything they can to sue me on a foundation that took in $18,800,000 and gave out to charity more money than it took in, $19,200,000. I won’t settle this case!...

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 14, 2018

US President Donald Trump's troubled charity foundation has agreed to close down amid allegations that he and others illegally misused its funds.

Donald Trump's troubled charity foundation to shut down - BBC News

But he was quick to want to settle the case brought right now by a Third Attorney General? You cannot see a pattern here? He is always the victim. And people like you defend his behavior regardless of whether or not it is classified records that no one in the entire world had a right to bring home, except Donald Trump. So where is her arrogance? Following the law?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3