Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Biden's address to the UN

Black Red Devil

Great speech, worth listening to all 29 minutes IMHO but, from a critical point of view, utopistic and wishful thinking considering he's addressing his ideas towards representatives of many nations run by self centred authoritarian leaderships.

The title of the video is a bit misleading because it appears his speech was solely directed towards Putin's nuclear threat but after some 6 minutes about Russia and the war he touched on many things that currently concern humanity:

Arms control, climate change and cleaner energy, review of UNSC obligations and mandate, famine and food distribution worldwide, regional security of smaller nations, assistance to poorer nations, terrorism and cyber terrorism, united fight against discrimination and reinforcing the NTP and finally the nuclear threat of rogue nations.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Commendable performance, but I don't believe the UN gives out acting awards. 

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

Great speech, worth listening to all 29 minutes IMHO but, from a critical point of view, utopistic and wishful thinking considering he's addressing his ideas towards representatives of many nations run by self centred authoritarian leaderships.

The title of the video is a bit misleading because it appears his speech was solely directed towards Putin's nuclear threat but after some 6 minutes about Russia and the war he touched on many things that currently concern humanity:

Arms control, climate change and cleaner energy, review of UNSC obligations and mandate, famine and food distribution worldwide, regional security of smaller nations, assistance to poorer nations, terrorism and cyber terrorism, united fight against discrimination and reinforcing the NTP and finally the nuclear threat of rogue nations.

I recall biden looking older

• Like 2

2 hours ago, the13bats said:

I recall biden looking older

Impressive how he never looked at his notes but turned the page (@ 6.19) as if he was reading off them.  He must have eyes under his chin and the two eyes in his sockets are just painted on his eyelids.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

Impressive how he never looked at his notes but turned the page (@ 6.19) as if he was reading off them.  He must have eyes under his chin and the two eyes in his sockets are just painted on his eyelids.

He has good audience contact.

• Like 1

I thought I caught a sight of a portion of a screen on to which text could be projected.

Old tech really.

1280px-Peppers_Ghost.jpg

Teleprompters are a modern implementation of Pepper's ghost used by the television industry. They reflect a speech or script and are commonly used for live broadcasts such as news programmes.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepper's_ghost

The speech contained his usual slurring and stuttering.  I was distracted briefly by "...core tenants..." early on.

PS.

Picture of the teleprompter

ap22264577365930-72123a47e45ca041ebfca54

https://www.npr.org/2022/09/21/1124095601/biden-ukraine-unga-speech

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, SHaYap said:

~

Oh what do you think he meant when talking about "freedom of navigation"?

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Oh what do you think he meant when talking about "freedom of navigation"?

He used to wear hats... 

[00.05:14]

~

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Golden Duck said:

I thought I caught a sight of a portion of a screen on to which text could be projected.

Old tech really.

1280px-Peppers_Ghost.jpg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepper's_ghost

The speech contained his usual slurring and stuttering.  I was distracted briefly by "...core tenants..." early on.

PS.

Picture of the teleprompter

ap22264577365930-72123a47e45ca041ebfca54

https://www.npr.org/2022/09/21/1124095601/biden-ukraine-unga-speech

Bingo, although it didn't appear he was reading while talking but looking at the audience.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, SHaYap said:

He used to wear hats... 

[00.05:14]

~

Long time ago when we was fab, very fab, the greatest fab?

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Long time ago when we was fab, very fab, the greatest fab?

"Universal" soldier... 

[00.02:14]

~

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SHaYap said:

~

They use to but I think they ran out of them after giving all the awards to this guy for his role as the kingpin Wolf Warrior

image.jpeg.fa73a7114d54ae291f48ea9d0ad6b7db.jpeg

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

They use to but I think they ran out of them after giving all the awards to this guy for his role as the kingpin Wolf Warrior

How vile your vials... 

Powell_anthrax_jbc.jpg

~

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SHaYap said:

How vile your vials... 

~

Anyway, putting aside all the innuendos and getting back on topic, anything pro and con you picked up in his speech?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Black Red Devil said:

Anyway, putting aside all the innuendos and getting back on topic, anything pro and con you picked up in his speech?

Said all I gotta to say, which is all that needs be said...

~

10 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

Great speech

I don't think the opening was so great...My Fellow Leaders???   ...to a bunch of thugs...nah...

I think this is a great Biden speech:

And this is a Great Speech

32 minutes ago, joc said:

I don't think the opening was so great...My Fellow Leaders???   ...to a bunch of thugs...nah...

I think this is a great Biden speech:

And this is a Great Speech

Would have been a bit unstylish calling them what many of them really are, considering also they were mixed in with some reasonably decent (democratic) leaders.  Wasn't that the Reagan speech where he told Gorby to knock down the wall or something similar?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

Would have been a bit unstylish calling them what many of them really are, considering also they were mixed in with some reasonably decent (democratic) leaders.  Wasn't that the Reagan speech where he told Gorby to knock down the wall or something similar?

Yeah, the Tear Down That Wall speech. 

...but My fellow leaders?  Doesn't exactly sound stylish either...sounds kind of, like, maybe 4th grade...:P

...you know, like, hey, I'm a leader, ya'll are all leaders, so you know, we're like, you know...fellow leaders....

Sorry...didn't listen to the speech...just beating up on the current POTUS....a little...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

My vote for the most glaring lie - "we will NOT allow Iran to have a nuclear weapon".  He and the EU are bending over backwards to do precisely that.  In fact, I believe that if Israel decided to try to pre-empt Iran's assembly of a weapon, he would actively help Iran to be ready to defend against Israel.

3 hours ago, joc said:

Sorry...didn't listen to the speech...just beating up on the current POTUS....a little...

It is understandable.   he deserves to be beat up more than a little.   His cult loves him though.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, joc said:

Yeah, the Tear Down That Wall speech. 

...but My fellow leaders?  Doesn't exactly sound stylish either...sounds kind of, like, maybe 4th grade...:P

...you know, like, hey, I'm a leader, ya'll are all leaders, so you know, we're like, you know...fellow leaders....

Fair enough.  The best part of the speech IMO was when he mentioned the UN and how it should take more responsibility and questioning the ridiculous vetoing system that allows countries to get away with murder, Imagine that?  Wishful thinking, if you believe that the 5 permanent member countries are going to give up that decision making power. 

But at least, by memory, he's the first one from such an important position that's ever questioned this ridiculous organisation (the UN) which has Agencies like the unprofessional and corrupt World Health Organisation, as we found out during the pandemic, or when they decided to put Saudi Arabia on the Commission (in 2017) on the status of women in the world. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, and-then said:

My vote for the most glaring lie - "we will NOT allow Iran to have a nuclear weapon".  He and the EU are bending over backwards to do precisely that.  In fact, I believe that if Israel decided to try to pre-empt Iran's assembly of a weapon, he would actively help Iran to be ready to defend against Israel.

It must have hurt when he mentioned progressing a 'peaceful' two state solution. Oops, back on Ignore I go. :P

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

Fair enough.  The best part of the speech IMO was when he mentioned the UN and how it should take more responsibility and questioning the ridiculous vetoing system that allows countries to get away with murder, Imagine that?  Wishful thinking, if you believe that the 5 permanent member countries are going to give up that decision making power. 

But at least, by memory, he's the first one from such an important position that's ever questioned this ridiculous organisation (the UN) which has Agencies like the unprofessional and corrupt World Health Organisation, as we found out during the pandemic, or when they decided to put Saudi Arabia on the Commission (in 2017) on the status of women in the world. 

I don't even understand why there is a UN.  A lot of us have been railing against the UN for years...but come to think about it...Presidents just seem to not 'want to go there'...and...while I am no fan of Biden...he does seem like a kind of rebel rouser of sorts.  Maybe I'll give the speech a listen if I find myself completely bored with nothing whatsoever else to do...lol.

• Thanks 1