Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Monster Hurricane Widely Predicted to March Towards the United States in Coming Days ...

Raptor Witness

The next named storm could become a monster hurricane in the Gulf of MexicoCNN - September 22, 2022

“The fact that nearly every computer model out there develops this into a westward-moving hurricane is absolutely concerning,” CNN meteorologist Chad Myers said.

As many here know, I typically make a hurricane forecast, every year, but this year I didn't feel the need. That doesn't mean the United States won't be slammed by something "monsterous." 

Texas is an arguably, well deserved, and favorite target of Mother Earth ... as are all the oil producing, gulf coast states.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

“The fact that nearly every computer model out there develops this into a westward-moving hurricane is absolutely concerning,”

How many failed hurricane forecast have there been in the last 2 decades. I don't know the actual number but there's been several.

• Like 3

Just now, Buzz_Light_Year said:

How many failed hurricane forecast have there been in the last 2 decades. I don't know the actual number but there's been several.

Since I'm sitting between the two locations that are most probable, I certainly hope this forecast is a dud.  I'll be filling gas cans and testing the generator though.  CAT3 and below is miserable enough but a CAT4-5 storm scares the hell out of me.  I spent the longest night of my life during a CAT3 (Frederick) in September of '79.  I will remember the sound of that wind for the rest of my life.  It was literally like a living thing.  All my life I'd seen people on TV saying that tornadoes sounded like a "freight train".  I can attest that that description is accurate.  I stopped counting the times I heard a train coming at our house at about a dozen.  I wouldn't wish the experience on anyone.

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, and-then said:

Since I'm sitting between the two locations that are most probable, I certainly hope this forecast is a dud.  I'll be filling gas cans and testing the generator though.  CAT3 and below is miserable enough but a CAT4-5 storm scares the hell out of me.  I spent the longest night of my life during a CAT3 (Frederick) in September of '79.  I will remember the sound of that wind for the rest of my life.  It was literally like a living thing.  All my life I'd seen people on TV saying that tornadoes sounded like a "freight train".  I can attest that that description is accurate.  I stopped counting the times I heard a train coming at our house at about a dozen.  I wouldn't wish the experience on anyone.

Never been through a Hurricane but I have a Typhoon. Just a lot of wind and I don't know how big it was.

1 tornado :( I spent weeks picking up what was left of the barn from the neighbors cornfield.

You can escape a Hurricane or a Typhoon but a Tornado drops out of the sky on you.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, and-then said:

Have you ever experienced the aftermath of a hurricane?  If not, you can trust me, NO ONE "deserves" that kind of stress and misery.  At BEST, folks are without power for a week or more at a still hot and humid time of year.  At worst, they literally lose EVERYTHING they treasure, sometimes even their lives or the life of someone they love.  

I have been through several, including hurricance Florence, which left 3' of water inside my home.

My statement is only in terms of contributions to the trend towards, larger, and more deadly storms, due to the fossil fuel industry in these states. It's nothing personal. Merely a matter of how many plagues does it take to wake up a sleeping nation? How many million deaths do you imagine it will take?

If we don't reform quickly, we'll be under water along most of these same coastlines in the U.S. that you're concerned about.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, and-then said:

Have you ever experienced the aftermath of a hurricane?  If not, you can trust me, NO ONE "deserves" that kind of stress and misery.  At BEST, folks are without power for a week or more at a still hot and humid time of year.  At worst, they literally lose EVERYTHING they treasure, sometimes even their lives or the life of someone they love.  

I know it too well, i was botn in dora in jacksonville, almost in the back of my dads vair,

Then years back 2 slammed orlando one after another, no power no water for a long time and i was in the middle of getting off benzos so pure hell, if we get hit hard enough to close my work that means no pay and i go without, no kidding its soup line at the church for me, that is if its open.

6 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

Texas is an arguably, well deserved

No, its not, and its not your inflated ego fueled by hate call to make that judgement.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, the13bats said:

.... hate call to make that judgement.

I don't "hate" Texas. I used to live there, and it wasn't a bad place, at all. The concept of warning, isn't "hate."

• Like 1

24 Hour Forecast Shift ….

Yesterday 

Hurricane Ian - 24 Hour Forecast Shift

Today

Hurricane Ian - 24 Hour Forecast Shift

The United States refuses to sober up from her consumption of fossil fuels. As I previously forecast here several times, the “monsters” will overwhelm the insurance industry, crushing the banking sector.

Florida is the worst insurance market, for this to happen, right now, as it was already teetering on collapse.

Another “monster,” especially if it hits Tampa, or Orlando, will dramatically  increase the cost of borrowing to buy real estate, further adding to the deflationary contagion. 

• Like 1

The Absolute worst place and time for a major hurricane, to be arriving in Florida.

The earth is clearly at war with U.S., Google in quotation marks …. "the earth is putting on her armor, and her sword reaches to the sun"

I would add “Destructis Vomitis” to the second searchable, key phrase.

Hurricane Ian - https://www.nhc.noaa.gov

Source

Insurance Meltdown Leaves Homeowners Without Policies and at Risk

Thousands of residents of Louisiana and Florida have lost coverage as the eastern US braces for a busy Atlantic hurricane season. Bloomberg July 1, 2022

Edited by Raptor Witness

Property insurer to exit Florida market - News4Jax August 25, 2022

United Property & Casualty Insurance Co. will exit Florida’s troubled homeowners’ insurance market … 

The death of UPC is like the canary in the coal mine. It’s a symbolic death blow to the property insurance markets. RW

• Like 1

My wife just got down to Florida yesterday.   She is helping her parents pack up because they are moving back up north.  They live on the other side (near Daytona) so they won't get the extreme but will still see some strong storms.  

• Like 3

A worst case scenario is setting up for Storm Surge in Tampa Bay ….. as the storm slows down or even stalls to the northwest of the bay.

At the 10:00 minute mark:

Hurricane Ian - Infrared- https://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/GOES/floater.php?stormid=AL092022 Hurricane Ian - https://www.nhc.noaa.gov

Source

This “stall” scenario is reminiscent of hurricanes Charlie which devastated Houston, and Florence, which put 3’ of water into my home, along the East Coast.

Even with flood insurance, you don’t fully recover from an event like this. If you’re in poor health, and/or elderly, even less so. After four years, we’re still finding things that we didn’t have time to save, and there are emotional scars that you can’t imagine.

Flood victims suffer with or without insurance. You never forget your loss, but you move on, and try to forget.

This emotional toll is the element that’s obviously missing when the fossil fuel industry is allowed to melt all the glaciers on earth, with barely a care or thought, as to what sea level rise will ultimately do to hundreds of millions of vulnerable people. They don’t care, in fact …. they could care less.

Our law makers are fools, who aren’t being held to account, either.

Democratic nations do “deserve” what we get for this part of the equation. Coastal flooding will bankrupt many nations, but most will not be responsible for the damages, leading to a reasonable demand for reparations, and worldwide conflict.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 1

It’s worth mentioning, that if Ian goes annular, it may be able to withstand the wind-shear in the northern Gulf for far longer, and penetrate further as a major.

Patricia comes to mind …

Ian is now expected to make landfall at Tampa Bay, as a “M”ajor.  

….. behold “a Mountain of wind.”

And a storm, which should help put the final nail in the coffin for Ron DeSantis’ Presidential hopes, as Florida’s insurance market, further implodes.

“To become a mountain of wind …” - Post #12 - https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/251570-stephen-colbert-on-the-minimum-wage/?do=findComment&comment=4854160 Hurricane Ian Graphic - https://www.nhc.noaa.gov Hurricane Ian - Major - https://www.nhc.noaa.gov

Source