Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scientists Find a New Coronavirus in Bats That Is Resistant to Current Vaccines

Grim Reaper 6

the news that public health experts expect but dread: virus-hunting researchers have discovered a new coronavirus in bats that could spell trouble for the human population. The virus can infect human cells and is already able to skirt the immune protection from COVID-19 vaccines. Reporting in the journal PLoS Pathogens, scientists led by Michael Letko, assistant professor in the Paul Allen School of Public Health at Washington State University, found a group of coronaviruses similar to SARS-CoV-2 that were initially discovered living in bats in Russia in 2020. At the time, scientists did not think the virus, called Khosta-2, posed a threat to people.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/scientists-find-a-new-coronavirus-in-bats-that-is-resistant-to-current-vaccines/ar-AA128Fa2?cvid=ec55715678fd4410b400278ef9a1339c

An ACE2-dependent Sarbecovirus in Russian bats is resistant to SARS-CoV-2 vaccines

https://journals.plos.org/plospathogens/article?id=10.1371/journal.ppat.1010828

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

47 days... Nope, I don't think they can begin pushing medical panic that quickly.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, and-then said:

47 days... Nope, I don't think they can begin pushing medical panic that quickly.  

I am missing your point of 47 days here, this isn’t being issued by the CDC or WHO and it has been published in one of the top 10 Peer Reviewed Medical Journals PLOS on September 22, 2022.

An ACE2-dependent Sarbecovirus in Russian bats is resistant to SARS-CoV-2 vaccines: https://journals.plos.org/plospathogens/article?id=10.1371/journal.ppat.1010828

Let's agree on strict border controls designed to weed out the visitting outsourced-to of whom munch on bats as well as most anything that moves on less than 1001 legs, including flying Chihuahuas

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ell said:

Let's all agree to not have sex with those infected bats.

Also take the batatouille, Estufa de morcego, Paniki and bay soup off the menu might be an idea.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Ell said:

There are billions of viruses that are resistant to current vaccines. So one has been found in a bat. So what?

Let's try to prevent warts!

Here you go Bro your tonight’s winner of the lack of insight award.

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
Poor taste

37 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Here you go Bro your tonight’s winner of the lack of insight award.

Thank you, Grim.

I am proud to lack insight.

Let us all release our bats! There are mosquito's to be caught and eaten, and hundreds of millions of malaria deaths to be prevented.

Tally-ho, bats!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think most people are past caring about any of this nonsense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

the news that public health experts expect but dread: virus-hunting researchers have discovered a new coronavirus in bats that could spell trouble for the human population. The virus can infect human cells and is already able to skirt the immune protection from COVID-19 vaccines. Reporting in the journal PLoS Pathogens, scientists led by Michael Letko, assistant professor in the Paul Allen School of Public Health at Washington State University, found a group of coronaviruses similar to SARS-CoV-2 that were initially discovered living in bats in Russia in 2020. At the time, scientists did not think the virus, called Khosta-2, posed a threat to people.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/scientists-find-a-new-coronavirus-in-bats-that-is-resistant-to-current-vaccines/ar-AA128Fa2?cvid=ec55715678fd4410b400278ef9a1339c

An ACE2-dependent Sarbecovirus in Russian bats is resistant to SARS-CoV-2 vaccines

https://journals.plos.org/plospathogens/article?id=10.1371/journal.ppat.1010828

That's not unexpected is it?

There are so many viruses on Earth that if they were laid down end to end they would extend how far?

• Around the Earth?
  • To the planet Jupiter?
  • To the edge of the solar system?
  • To the nearest star?
  • Over 100 light years?
  • Over a million light years?

4 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

I think most people are past caring about any of this nonsense.

That was my point.  This thing has now been done to death.  The next time I plan to get concerned about a real pandemic will be when I see people dropping like flies in my hometown.  The damage done by lockdowns FAR exceeded any damage done by the Sars-Cov-2.  The destructive effects of that virus are still rippling through our world and causing unnecessary suffering.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, and-then said:

That was my point.  This thing has now been done to death.  The next time I plan to get concerned about a real pandemic will be when I see people dropping like flies in my hometown.  The damage done by lockdowns FAR exceeded any damage done by the Sars-Cov-2.  The destructive effects of that virus are still rippling through our world and causing unnecessary suffering.

The millions dead is okay with you I suppose. It's that greedy attitude that is so lovely to watch.

The damage was done by those that spread the disease by not following proper hygiene practices, going about whatever they do greedily wanted to do and spreading disease, and not getting vaccinated.

This of course is a dumb joke: "The damage done by lockdowns FAR exceeded any damage done by the Sars-Cov-2. " The lockdowns did  not kill millions.

• Like 1

Anyone figure out how far the viruses would extend?

• Around the Earth?
  • To the planet Jupiter?
  • To the edge of the solar system?
  • To the nearest star?
  • Over 100 light years?
  • Over a million light years?

• 3 weeks later...

Just waiting to hear the conspiracies that people are going to bring with this one. We heard it nonstop with Covid-19 the past 2-3 years. Now let's see what will be the stories now.

• Like 1