Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Iran police battle protesters in Tehran as unrest over woman's death spirals

Black Red Devil

There have been running battles between Iranian police and anti-government protesters in Tehran in the worst unrest there for years.

One person told BBC Persian that her neighbourhood resembled a battlefield.

The protests, now in their seventh day, have reached 80 other cities and towns. A human rights group said at least 31 civilians had been killed, while state television put the death toll at 17.

The unrest was sparked by the death of a woman detained by morality police.

Mahsa Amini, a 22-year-old Kurdish woman from the north-western city of Saqez, died in hospital in Tehran on Friday following three days in a coma.

She was visiting the capital on 13 September when she was arrested by morality police officers, who accused her of violating the law requiring women to cover their hair with a hijab, or headscarf, and their arms and legs with loose clothing. She collapsed after being taken to a detention centre.

There are reports that officers beat Ms Amini's head with a baton and banged her head against one of their vehicles. The police have said there is no evidence of any mistreatment and that she suffered "sudden heart failure".

link

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

Let's hope they rise up in millions and rid themselves once and for all of these oppressive, self centred, empowered, bearded buffoons, full of hatred and prepared to sacrifice the lives of others for their own weird political interests under the disguise of an archaic dogma they call religion.

• Like 7

At least 35 people are reported dead in hijab protests that broke out in Iran, even as president Ebrahim Raisi said that the country needed to “deal decisively” with “those who opposed security and tranquility”, Iranian state media reported.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/at-least-35-dead-in-hijab-protests-in-iran-state-media-reports/ar-AA12bTnt?

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Ebrahim Raisi said that the country needed to “deal decisively” with “those who opposed security and tranquility”

Gee, seems to be a lot of that going around.  I heard a speech just like it by our president a couple of weeks ago.  

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

United action by femminists in the west through massive protests would be of great moral support and assistance to the Iranians.  The Govt has currently cut the internet but there are ways around that and images showing worlwide support could bolster protests and enforce change to these ludicrous laws.

• Sad 1

Anonymous are helping Iranians access the Internet after iran shut it down. Their voices will be heard.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

United action by femminists in the west through massive protests would be of great moral support and assistance to the Iranians.  The Govt has currently cut the internet but there are ways around that and images showing worlwide support could bolster protests and enforce change to these ludicrous laws.

There have been several protests in many western countries today. The most notable has been the violent clashes outside the Iranian consulate in London.

As they head into the 11th day of protests, it appears that the threats of violence are not deterring the young women, and some men, from continuing these protests.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Humans are so ****en stupid. Just the fact that people have to fight to have the right to be able to simply not cover their hair is ridiculous.

Aliens would laugh at us 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 6

On 9/24/2022 at 10:27 AM, and-then said:

Gee, seems to be a lot of that going around.  I heard a speech just like it by our president a couple of weeks ago.  

Aren't the ayatollahs the models for Marjorie Taylor Green and Lauren Boebert vision for Christian Nationalism?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Humans are so ****en stupid. Just the fact that people have to fight to have the right to be able to simply not cover their hair is ridiculous.

Aliens would laugh at us 

Bang on, my man.

"Morality Police". I just shake my head. :wacko:

• Like 5

4 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Aliens would laugh at us 

It's not even written in the Quran believe it or not. It's just these Islamic Clerics over time that thought it was a good way to keep women oppressed and they also use it (religion) to keep their societies subdued and ignorant. It's just another autocratic way in maintaining power and limiting people asking too many rational questions.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 9/27/2022 at 12:56 AM, Black Red Devil said:

It's not even written in the Quran believe it or not. It's just these Islamic Clerics over time that thought it was a good way to keep women oppressed and they also use it (religion) to keep their societies subdued and ignorant. It's just another autocratic way in maintaining power and limiting people asking too many rational questions.

Thank you. Wearing a head cover is not a must and not even mentioned in the Quran. But big boys with small penises always find away to oppress women and girls.

I hope that the Iranians see that there is a chance to get rid of the ayatollahs. They need support.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, odas said:

They need support.

Unfortunately, my government and the EU are bending over backwards to accommodate and enrich the ayatollahs...

• Thanks 1

Iranian youngsters are removing their hijabs and giving portraits of their clerical leaders in classrooms the middle finger as a massive uprising against the regime in Tehran spreads to schools.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/iranian-schoolgirls-give-clerical-leaders-the-finger-as-they-join-uprising-against-the-regime/ar-AA12AVKd?

• Like 7

22 hours ago, and-then said:

Unfortunately, my government and the EU are bending over backwards to accommodate and enrich the ayatollahs...

Not sure about this. Unless you want an outright war and the deaths of exactley the young women and men who are protesting the regime. In that case you would indeed and actually support the ayatolahs.

You and I went back and fort about this many times and I tried to explaine that fighting the Iranian regime can only be done from inside. But unfortunately your stance was always "bomb them". Even the innocent ones.

The US and EU are doing the right thing for now. Helping the opposition from within. That is the only way. 

• Like 2

On 10/5/2022 at 10:15 AM, odas said:

The US and EU are doing the right thing for now. Helping the opposition from within.

Can you explain how making an agreement with Tehran's leaders that will fill their coffers with billions while asking nothing of them, including even asking them about their human rights crimes, is "helping" this demonstration movement?  That agreement, if it's completed, will make Tehran stronger and less likely to stop their human rights abuses.

47 minutes ago, and-then said:

Can you explain how making an agreement with Tehran's leaders that will fill their coffers with billions while asking nothing of them, including even asking them about their human rights crimes, is "helping" this demonstration movement?  That agreement, if it's completed, will make Tehran stronger and less likely to stop their human rights abuses.

Please provide the exact agreement papers between US, EU and Iran. Everything that is in there, word for word and then we can talk about. Neither you or I know what is in there so do not make stuff up as it fits.

Bombing a country just because you don't like their religion, politics, economic views IS the reason the ajatolahs are in power. YOU put them there because brutal force is the only thing you know, just like the ajatolahs. There is no difference between you and them.

I know your agenda, destroy Iran, Irak, muslims, and finally also the Jews. That is exactley what you are doing, playing jews, muslims and christians in the middle east against each other under the disguise you care about Isreal. But you will fail. The young generation on all sides is fed up with your old ways, your religious Biblical or Quranic stupid ideology on which all you old farts base your opinion.

We will not stand by and let you destroy the future of our children regardles who and what they are. This world will be better of without old senile morons of all colors and backgrounds.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/5/2022 at 10:15 AM, odas said:

But unfortunately your stance was always "bomb them". Even the innocent ones.

I never said any such thing, Odas.  Yes, I advocated for Israel to bomb Iran's nuclear sites and I still do.  I make no apologies in that regard.  That regime isn't  interested in peace, they have said as much, often and at volume.  They want nothing less than the removal of Israel as a nation of the Jews.  I've said for years that their goal was a nuclear weapon and now their ministers are on the record stating that they COULD assemble a bomb now if the chose to.

I wonder, when they finally decide to announce a test or simply tell the world they have nukes, will that be acceptable to you?  I have a suspicion that if a nuke was used to devastate the Jewish state, the fate of the Palestinians who'd be caught in the "crossfire"  would no longer be of such vital importance.

1 hour ago, odas said:

We will not stand by and let you destroy the future of our children regardles who and what they are.

You blame people like me for somehow destroying their future yet it is you and those like you who turn a blind eye to the atrocities the Iranian thugs commit against their own children.  There are plenty of pieces out there concerning the newest deal offer to Iran.  Here is one example from August. https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/8/19/iran

The language was very positive and it seemed the deal was done.  Iran walked away.  That convinces me that they've decided to assemble their weapon(s).  The day they announce that is completed, the M.E. will fall into an arms race and eventually, someone will detonate one of those devices.  I doubt it will be  one of us "old senile morons of all colors and backgrounds".

No, when that happens it will almost certainly be in a war with the religion of peace...

Edited by and-then
  • Like 2

Iran Protests: Eighteen Days of Suppression and Over 130 Killed!

The hacker group Edalat-e-Ali claimed on its Telegram channel that it had obtained an official document reviewing the arrest and death of Mahsa Amini. They say it claims that Mahsa Amini hit her head on the pavement during her arrest. However, doubts have been raised about the veracity of the document. Mohammad Baqer Bakhtiar, one of the former senior commanders of the Revolutionary Guards, also published an audio file in which he claimed that reliable sources in forensic medicine diagnosed the cause of Mahsa Amini's coma and death as a "cranial injury". The doctors who examined the pictures of Mahsa's bruised and bloody ear in the hospital unanimously say that she fell into a coma and died due to cerebral haemorrhage.

But the protests have been violently suppressed by security forces using live rounds and other lethal weapons, which have so far led to the deaths of at least 133 people, according to human rights watchdogs. The death toll has risen since the security forces fired live rounds at protesters in Zahedan, Sistan and Baluchestan province, killing at least 50, according to reports.

link

Let's hope the sacrifice of 133 people (to date), striving for freedom from oppression for their society, leads to something significant.  In the 21st century it's inadmissible to have bloodthirsty dictatorships like Iran, Russia, Saudi Arabia, China... controlling and ruling over billions of people in the world with their selfish and ridiculous laws.  Iranian women are showing the world how it's done.

Edited by Black Red Devil
  • Like 3

On 10/5/2022 at 2:24 AM, odas said:

Thank you. Wearing a head cover is not a must and not even mentioned in the Quran. But big boys with small penises always find away to oppress women and girls.

I hope that the Iranians see that there is a chance to get rid of the ayatollahs. They need support.

From the same link in my previous post.

The largest protests in Iran since November 2019 began in Saqqez and Sanandaj in Kurdistan province, on September 17, and swiftly spread to all provinces across the country with demonstrations held in at least 83 cities. In solidarity with the protests in Iran, rallies and demonstrations were held in more 150 cities across the world in response to a call for a Global Day of Action for Iran by the families of victims of the ill-fated Ukrainian flight PS752. More than 50,000 people gathered in Toronto in solidarity with the protesters in Iran. 

Well done to Canada.

• Like 4

On 10/5/2022 at 4:15 PM, odas said:

But unfortunately your stance was always "bomb them". Even the innocent ones.

This is the same person who said he would be happy if his own government killed his own people so long as it gave him an excuse for war with Iran.

Debating him is a waste of time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2