Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Iran police battle protesters in Tehran as unrest over woman's death spirals

Black Red Devil

23 minutes ago, Setton said:

This is the same person who said he would be happy if his own government killed his own people so long as it gave him an excuse for war with Iran.

Debating him is a waste of time.

Link to it.  

• Like 1

The hope is that this protest is able to jump from being mainly student led, to being a more general uprising, so the Theocracy can be overthrown.  While there is no guarantee this would lead to a government more friendly to the USA, it might be the start of a thaw.

• Like 6

17 hours ago, and-then said:

You blame people like me for somehow destroying their future yet it is you and those like you who turn a blind eye to the atrocities the Iranian thugs commit against their own children.  There are plenty of pieces out there concerning the newest deal offer to Iran.  Here is one example from August. https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/8/19/iran

The language was very positive and it seemed the deal was done.  Iran walked away.  That convinces me that they've decided to assemble their weapon(s).  The day they announce that is completed, the M.E. will fall into an arms race and eventually, someone will detonate one of those devices.  I doubt it will be  one of us "old senile morons of all colors and backgrounds".

No, when that happens it will almost certainly be in a war with the religion of peace...

Apsolutely not true. I have condemed the iranian regime more than any other. What you cannot understand is that those old religious fanatics are the far right. Yes, that is what they are. The far right. Just like the far right in Italy, Hungary,Israel or USA. There is no difference between them. The old guard is the one that is holding us all as hostages with their warmongering, restrictions, religious laws.....

You will have to think about your past comments. Do you want to bomb Iranians or to get rid of the ayatolahs. You made it clear that you don't care. We all know that.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, and-then said:

Link to it.  

It was three years ago when Iran was targeting tankers in the Gulf. 

I'll get to finding it as soon as there's nothing more interesting to do. This paint should be dry in a year or two.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, odas said:

Apsolutely not true. I have condemed the iranian regime more than any other. What you cannot understand is that those old religious fanatics are the far right. Yes, that is what they are. The far right. Just like the far right in Italy, Hungary,Israel or USA. There is no difference between them. The old guard is the one that is holding us all as hostages with their warmongering, restrictions, religious laws.....

You will have to think about your past comments. Do you want to bomb Iranians or to get rid of the ayatolahs. You made it clear that you don't care. We all know that.

Not sure you can call Italian, Hungarian and American Party's far right on the same level of the dictatorship in Iran or in Russia, China, SA etc.  Israel on the other hand has free Democratic elections and Jews aren't oppressed.  It's their discriminatory treatment of Palestinians by their far right that sets them aside from a Democratic country.

• Like 3

On 10/7/2022 at 5:13 AM, and-then said:

I never said any such thing, Odas.  Yes, I advocated for Israel to bomb Iran's nuclear sites and I still do.  I make no apologies in that regard.  That regime isn't  interested in peace, they have said as much, often and at volume.  They want nothing less than the removal of Israel as a nation of the Jews.  I've said for years that their goal was a nuclear weapon and now their ministers are on the record stating that they COULD assemble a bomb now if the chose to.

I wonder, when they finally decide to announce a test or simply tell the world they have nukes, will that be acceptable to you?  I have a suspicion that if a nuke was used to devastate the Jewish state, the fate of the Palestinians who'd be caught in the "crossfire"  would no longer be of such vital importance.

I know you want everyone to know that Israel will blast Iran to smithereens if they build a bomb but you don't seem to grasp the moment.  The uprise happening in Iran isn't just about women being free to show their hair without getting killed, it's now about the end to a dictatorial oppressive religious regime. 

Although that might'n suit your religious prophecies, this can only be good news for Israel don't you agree?  They want democracy and probably most people in Iran wouldn't give two hoots about the Jews.

• Like 4

The cutting hair movement seems to be gathering momentum around the world, although the footage of Marillon Cotillard @ 1.30 seemed a bit random.  Looked like she was cutting her splitting ends :P.

Edited by Black Red Devil
  • Like 5

14 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

The hope is that this protest is able to jump from being mainly student led, to being a more general uprising, so the Theocracy can be overthrown.  While there is no guarantee this would lead to a government more friendly to the USA, it might be the start of a thaw.

Sadly, I expect them to double down and simply go totally brutal.  I really hope I'm wrong but the leadership of that regime is totalitarian and medieval in its worldview.  They will never willingly relinquish power.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, odas said:

Do you want to bomb Iranians

Actually, I'm pretty damned certain that I have NEVER advocated intentionally bombing civilians ANYWHERE.  This world is more complex than that and you well know it.  That nonsense Setton said just isn't true.  I don't know if he's just ignorant, misremembering, or an old fashioned ideologue willing to lie.  Fortunately, I also don't care about his opinion.

Let me make my position crystal clear for those who might be interested in what I SAY rather than just what is said about me.  I'm a unrepentant Zionist.  That means I believe the descendants of Jacob/Israel have a never ending promise to own a very large piece of land in what is now called Palestine but that also includes parts of S.A., Jordan, Syria, and Lebanon but that promise has not yet been fulfilled and Israelis cannot force the issue before God's good time.

This^ does NOT mean I approve automatically of every action taken by governments in Israel.  I fully support the self-defense actions of Israel and always will do.  When their soldiers commit crimes, I believe they should be punished and I also believe when Palestinian fighters murder Israelis, they should forfeit their family homes.

Iran has repeatedly spoken of their policy to remove Israel from the map and they have worked diligently to build up troops, missiles, and now threshold nuclear tech.  IF Israel allows them to become a nuclear weapons state, I believe Israel will eventually be struck by an Iranian nuke.  So... I think they'd be right and justified to massively attack all of those nuclear sites and to do as much damage as possible to them before Iran assembles their weapons.  Will some Iranian civilians die?  Absolutely.  Civilians also die as a result of the actions of their government.  BUT... it is disingenuous AT BEST to say or even imply that any attack on those nuke sites is the equivalent of "bombing civilians".  Those two actions are diametrically opposite in scope and kind.

On topic - I fully support the protests and I sincerely wish our current admin would give those civilians even just a tiny fraction of the moral and technical/financial support that we are flooding Ukraine with.  I'm unaware of a single statement from Biden on the issue.  He and his team not only are practically BEGGING Iran to re-enter a "deal" that requires no real pain at all for their nuke program, it also removes sanctions that will lead to a flood of billions in cash in a very short period of time.  Biden/Obama are pursuing a realignment in that region that places Iran as hegemon.  It will set the world on fire, eventually.

5 hours ago, Setton said:

It was three years ago when Iran was targeting tankers in the Gulf. 

I'll get to finding it as soon as there's nothing more interesting to do. This paint should be dry in a year or two.

When you find it, please post it.  Until then, I'm calling you out as grossly mistaken.  I've found that frequently here I have other members who get offended by my stances on some issues, they get angry and they tend to take my words and apply their own meaning to them.  I'm not responsible for your interpretation of my words.   I have zero memory of ever advocating killing Americans if it would help us go to war with Iran.  I'm pretty damned sure that your memory of my statement is colored by your biased opinion of my views.  Until then, I will not further derail this thread

5 hours ago, and-then said:

Sadly, I expect them to double down and simply go totally brutal.  I really hope I'm wrong but the leadership of that regime is totalitarian and medieval in its worldview.  They will never willingly relinquish power.

There comes a point when the country stops functioning that any leadership has to leave in a hurry.  It has happened many times before, even after regimes have gone to extreme brutality.  General strikes are powerful.

• Like 6

21 hours ago, and-then said:

When you find it, please post it.  Until then, I'm calling you out as grossly mistaken.  I've found that frequently here I have other members who get offended by my stances on some issues, they get angry and they tend to take my words and apply their own meaning to them.  I'm not responsible for your interpretation of my words.   I have zero memory of ever advocating killing Americans if it would help us go to war with Iran.  I'm pretty damned sure that your memory of my statement is colored by your biased opinion of my views.  Until then, I will not further derail this thread

I've known you a long time, and although we often disagree, I can not remember you taking such a stance as that -  killing Americans to go to war with Iran. No way

• Like 2

Iran protests: Germany calls for sanctions over violent crackdown

Germany's foreign minister has called for action against those responsible for the violent crackdown on protests in Iran.

Annalena Baerbock said Germany would ensure the European Union froze assets and imposed entry bans.

She described those "who beat up women and girls on the street" as standing on "the wrong side of history".

EU foreign ministers are expected to decide on sanctions on 17 October, according to Reuters news agency.

Speaking to a German newspaper, Baerbock also criticised those who "condemn to death people who want nothing other than to live free".

She told Iranians: "We stand by you, and will continue to do so."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Iran protester: 'You know that you might never come back'

NR: You go out on the streets knowing, in your words, that "you might never come back". This is something you are prepared to die for?

Yes.

NR: Why?

Somewhere, at one time, for this to end we need to do something. We should accept the challenges and the facts as well. If we want to say something, we know that we are going to give something for it as well, sometimes with our lives.

NR: For you, is this a protest about whether women wear the hijab? Or is it something much bigger than that?

It is about something much bigger than that. If you look at the slogans at the protests, what people are saying on the streets, it has never been - even at the beginning - about the hijab. The hijab was just the spark. It has always been about basic human rights. We've always wanted more. We've wanted what you might take for granted as a normal life. We want life, liberty, justice, accountability, freedom of choice and assembly, a free press. We want access to our basic human rights and an inclusive government that is actually elected by the people through a proper election and that works for the people.

link

That's what it's all about!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 10/8/2022 at 8:16 PM, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I've known you a long time, and although we often disagree, I can not remember you taking such a stance as that -  killing Americans to go to war with Iran. No way

I appreciate that.  It may be that I said something about it being worth the risk of casualties if we went to war with Iran, I honestly don't remember.  I just know I've never made the statement he claims.

• Like 1

Iran protests: Anger over police sex assault on protester

A society that keeps 50% of its population prisoners of its rotten system is doomed to fail.  You just have to look at the political buffoons in charge after 1:26 of the above video.

• Like 2

On 10/7/2022 at 7:23 PM, and-then said:

Think you are right on this.  They cannot change or let their country change around them.

I'm pleased to see that the protests have been going for 2 months now.  I am less pleased at the violence of the regime's crackdown, but the cracks are showing in the crackdown.  A boot cannot stamp on a human face forever.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

I'm pleased to see that the protests have been going for 2 months now.  I am less pleased at the violence of the regime's crackdown, but the cracks are showing in the crackdown.  A boot cannot stamp on a human face forever.

What is more encouraging is that, it started out as a female protest but now a huge number of young men are supporting and protesting with them. As I always say and will continue to do so...to hell with the old ones who are holding on to useles customs, perverted religious beliefs and culture. The young are uprising everywhere in the world. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/7/2022 at 2:32 AM, odas said:

Please provide the exact agreement papers between US, EU and Iran. Everything that is in there, word for word and then we can talk about. Neither you or I know what is in there so do not make stuff up as it fits.

Bombing a country just because you don't like their religion, politics, economic views IS the reason the ajatolahs are in power. YOU put them there because brutal force is the only thing you know, just like the ajatolahs. There is no difference between you and them.

I know your agenda, destroy Iran, Irak, muslims, and finally also the Jews. That is exactley what you are doing, playing jews, muslims and christians in the middle east against each other under the disguise you care about Isreal. But you will fail. The young generation on all sides is fed up with your old ways, your religious Biblical or Quranic stupid ideology on which all you old farts base your opinion.

We will not stand by and let you destroy the future of our children regardles who and what they are. This world will be better of without old senile morons of all colors and backgrounds.

Go Odas!

93b32fb4c2c4f199d645b764a68d641b.gif

• Thanks 2

After the death of 16-year-old Asra Panahi, a schoolgirl beaten to death by Security forces for not singing a song praising the Ayatollah, people have taken to the streets shouting 'freedom' and 'death to the dictator'. 

I mean, the system is broken and there is nothing that will ever put it back together again.  The reign of these Islamic buffoons is over, people will never forget the crackdown from this regime which has caused the deaths of over 200 people, including over 30 children. 

It's inevitable, only a matter of time and people are filthy angry.  They need leaders, with moderm democratic views to stand up and end the reign of terror that has held back a once great empire called Persia out of the dark ages.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Black Red Devil said:

They need leaders, with moderm democratic views to stand up and end the reign of terror that has held back a once great empire called Persia out of the dark ages.

Very true. There was a time, called the Golden age of Islam. It was golden because of the Persians who contributed 90% of all scientific discoveries in the muslim world. There was a time when the Iranians smuggled thousands of Jews during the Holocaust to safety showing the world what kind and helpfull people they are.

Unfortunately, the world payed them back in the worst manner creating room for the bearded SOB's to take over. Now the world needs to support the young Iranians genuinly, help them to freedom and let them run the country without the ayatollahs and corrupt shahs. But, I am afraid that after they get rid of the ayatollahs the west will impose the shahs again for the oil companie's benefits.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, odas said:

Very true. There was a time, called the Golden age of Islam. It was golden because of the Persians who contributed 90% of all scientific discoveries in the muslim world. There was a time when the Iranians smuggled thousands of Jews during the Holocaust to safety showing the world what kind and helpfull people they are.

Unfortunately, the world payed them back in the worst manner creating room for the bearded SOB's to take over. Now the world needs to support the young Iranians genuinly, help them to freedom and let them run the country without the ayatollahs and corrupt shahs. But, I am afraid that after they get rid of the ayatollahs the west will impose the shahs again for the oil companie's benefits.

The west needs to just assist and not interefere but we know there are always selfish motives in politics.  Nevertheless, western democracies are the most advanced forms of civilsation at our current moment of time in history and while I'm not particularly a religious advocate, people have a Right to follow and practice whatever religious beliefs they wish as long as they don't force others into living under the rules of a theocracy. 

Politics and religion should never mix that's why all western countries are more or less secular.

• Like 2