Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Iran police battle protesters in Tehran as unrest over woman's death spirals

Black Red Devil

On 10/7/2022 at 8:23 PM, and-then said:

Sadly, I expect them to double down and simply go totally brutal.  I really hope I'm wrong but the leadership of that regime is totalitarian and medieval in its worldview.  They will never willingly relinquish power.

Hi And then

Thing is the harder you push the more resistance you get. In the near future there may be more hits on drone factories in Iran. That will force him to keep his military focused on outside it’s borders and create an opportunity for Iran’s citizens to rebel in a similar way that is occurring in Russia.

• Like 3

I hope populations of the world finally realise the dangers in allowing autocratic individuals, political party's or religious leaders to settle in and rule over their lives.  Once they've established themselves and taken control over Govt infrastructures such as military, education, communication, finance etc., they become like a cancer you can't eradicate. Obviously easier said than done from my armchair in a peaceful location but take for example Iranians and how they welcomed suppressive religious rulers to take over their country after a revolution or Russians how they accepted a dictatorship to suppress all opposition and free press as if this was normal under Democracy.  

Hopefully these two will be the first of many others to follow.

• Like 3

Iran has seen one of the biggest nights of protests since anti-government demonstrations erupted six weeks ago.

Tens of thousands of people took to the streets in all major cities, as well as other places where demonstrations had subsided recently.

The escalation came after protesters marked 40 days since the death of a Kurdish Iranian woman in police custody which sparked the unrest.

It is the most serious challenge to the Islamic republic since its inception.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-63410577

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I have ENDLESS RESPECT for what these women and younger girls are doing.  Sadly, I know that the religious authorities will NEVER WILLINGLY cede power back to average Iranians.  At some point, they will go full bore against some group of protesters and slaughter hundreds.  That regime only has "friends" who use them against Israel and the U.S.  They are in league with Russia and Turkey and they don't care about their global reputation.  Power is their all-in-all, just as with all other governments.  They just tend to ignore consequences when they CRUSH dissent.

• Thanks 2

Three demonstrators have been killed during clashes with Iranian security forces in the western town of Mahabad, state media has reported.

The protesters reportedly targeted government buildings after attending the memorial ceremony of a man killed during unrest in the country.

Security forces also reportedly opened fire at a cemetery near Khorramabad.

Rights group Amnesty International says security forces have killed eight people since Wednesday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-63410577

• Sad 5

18 hours ago, and-then said:

I have ENDLESS RESPECT for what these women and younger girls are doing.  Sadly, I know that the religious authorities will NEVER WILLINGLY cede power back to average Iranians.  At some point, they will go full bore against some group of protesters and slaughter hundreds.  That regime only has "friends" who use them against Israel and the U.S.  They are in league with Russia and Turkey and they don't care about their global reputation.  Power is their all-in-all, just as with all other governments.  They just tend to ignore consequences when they CRUSH dissent.

That's how dictators rule. What these idiots in power don't understand is when a system is broken it can't be fixed anymore.  People willing to rise and fight for their freedom will never surrender and the more sacrifices are made, the more resilient people will become.  The reason North Koreans have been subdued for so long is because nobody is or has been willing to fight for their freedom.  It's easy said from my armchair but reality is, this is what it takes.

Iranians might not win back their freedom this time but dissent will constantly brew and people will remember how many civilians fighting, for freedom, their religious leaders tortured and killed.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, and-then said:

Well, good point, good for the women.  What are the men doing to support and protect their wives and daughters? Or do they support the state?

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Well, good point, good for the women.  What are the men doing to support and protect their wives and daughters? Or do they support the state?

Good question.  I've seen some men in the protests but only a few.  I think that the very fact it is women protesting, has more impact.  It should embarrass the mullahs but I think they are beyond caring for anything but their personal power.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, and-then said:

Good question.  I've seen some men in the protests but only a few.  I think that the very fact it is women protesting, has more impact.  It should embarrass the mullahs but I think they are beyond caring for anything but their personal power.

You are right, I think it does have more impact in the rest of the world, but within the borders of Iran,  can't the views and rights of women be easily dismissed? I also think you are right, the mullahs probably wouldn't care.

• Like 4

Now they're slapping turbans off the heads of Clerics they find wondering around the streets.  All respect for the Islamic dictatorship and its representatives are long gone.  Also, I see a lot of men protesting, this has gone way beyond the unacceptance of religious laws against women.

• Like 8

Iran’s sparsely populated southeast erupted in protests and violence on Friday, with tens injured and killed at the hands of security forces in multiple cities, according to human rights monitors.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/death-to-the-dictator-dozens-killed-as-iran-s-southeast-erupts-in-political-violence/ar-AA13KjRs?

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

3 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Iran’s sparsely populated southeast erupted in protests and violence on Friday, with tens injured and killed at the hands of security forces in multiple cities, according to human rights monitors.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/death-to-the-dictator-dozens-killed-as-iran-s-southeast-erupts-in-political-violence/ar-AA13KjRs?

I wish this rebellion had happened when there was someone in the Oval Office that was willing to help them.  They rose up during Obama's tenure and he ignored THEM, while making a "deal" with their jailers.  Looks like the current resident at 1600 is doing the same.  SMH.  That regime is just as evil, if not more so, as any other government on the planet.

The IRGC threatened to just start crushing and killing, but the people ignored them.  God bless them!  

On 10/29/2022 at 5:40 PM, and-then said:

I'd love to see iran before the Islamic revolution. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, and-then said:

I wish this rebellion had happened when there was someone in the Oval Office that was willing to help them.  They rose up during Obama's tenure and he ignored THEM, while making a "deal" with their jailers.  Looks like the current resident at 1600 is doing the same.  SMH.  That regime is just as evil, if not more so, as any other government on the planet.

The IRGC threatened to just start crushing and killing, but the people ignored them.  God bless them!  

The current Administration probably are doing something, they're just not telling you,

• Like 2

Wow, it's mentioned in the video that up to 14,000 could have been arrested and many of these are risking the death penalty, just like this rapper.  What a mob of disgusting power hungry buffoons dressed up like holy clowns. 

If Iranians needed further motivation to keep protesting in large numbers until they dropkick this current regime out of power and save the lives of the ones arrested, they've just been given another reason to do so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

16 hours ago, and-then said:

What sort of help do you want Biden to do for Ukrianians?

MAGA Republicans seem to be mad when it's helping Ukrainians or sanctioning Russia. So I'm confused why you would feel differently about helping Iranian protesters 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

MAGA Republicans seem to be mad when it's helping Ukrainians or sanctioning Russia.

Not true on any credible scale.  In fact, the Left in DC are the ones who are making these claims and they're lies.  You are equating a concern for an unending, unrestrained funding of a government that is known for corruption and worst of all, the Dems have NO IG inspectors or any kind of system for auditing verification of how and where the money and weapons are being spent and used.  Anyone who is unwilling to have oversight on such issues is playing tribal/partisan games.

I also reject this imaginary reality that those here are engaged in, where to be concerned over serious, deadly escalation or the corrupt squandering of aid, makes one a "Putin" supporter or a hater of Ukrainians.  That kind of black and white nonsense is childish and I treat it as such.  Make all the accusations you like, adults can choose for themselves.

I feel the same about the people protesting in Iran.  In fact, I'd cheerfully support an aid package for those protesters if there was any way to get it to them.  What they are doing is remarkable.  That is what desperation for freedom looks like.  Risking imprisonment, physical torture, or even death is what it takes to change a corrupt, evil system.  I pray they succeed.  They just may serve as a catalyst for the same kind of yearning in others around the west.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, and-then said:

Not true on any credible scale.  In fact, the Left in DC are the ones who are making these claims and they're lies.  You are equating a concern for an unending, unrestrained funding of a government that is known for corruption and worst of all, the Dems have NO IG inspectors or any kind of system for auditing verification of how and where the money and weapons are being spent and used.  Anyone who is unwilling to have oversight on such issues is playing tribal/partisan games.

The difference being that most of the money earmarked for Ukraine is being spent specifically on weapons systems purchased from US firms and making jobs in the USA.  Civilian war expenses are a tiny fraction of US spending in Iraq under Bush Jnr at this point in time.  As to the Ukranian govt being corrupt, you will find it is likely due to the number of Russian infiltrators working to undermine it, much like the GOP.  I might even consider voting Rep if they weren't so beholden to the Russians thanks to Trump.

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Iran’s Supreme Leader has been ridiculed for claiming the country has developed a cure for blood cancer, the world’s largest telescope and a new hypersonic missile.

While the new 3.4-metre medium-class optical telescope of the Iranian National Observatory on Mt Gargash in central Iran is large, there are at least 40 bigger facilities worldwide. And when the President’s Office for Science and Technology announced an Iranian-developed gene therapy for cancer last week, it said it was a copy of a method already in production by two multinational companies, not a new treatment.

As for the Revolutionary Guard aerospace force’s claim earlier this month that it had successfully developed a hypersonic missile, the Pentagon later said it was “sceptical of these reports”.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/ayatollah-khomeini-mocked-for-saying-iran-has-new-cancer-cure/ar-AA14wezD?

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Iran’s Supreme Leader has been ridiculed for claiming the country has developed a cure for blood cancer, the world’s largest telescope and a new hypersonic missile.

just prove it- that's all it needs

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Eldorado said:

While the new 3.4-metre medium-class optical telescope of the Iranian National Observatory on Mt Gargash in central Iran is large, there are at least 40 bigger facilities worldwide. And when the President’s Office for Science and Technology announced an Iranian-developed gene therapy for cancer last week, it said it was a copy of a method already in production by two multinational companies, not a new treatment.

As for the Revolutionary Guard aerospace force’s claim earlier this month that it had successfully developed a hypersonic missile, the Pentagon later said it was “sceptical of these reports”.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/ayatollah-khomeini-mocked-for-saying-iran-has-new-cancer-cure/ar-AA14wezD?

Not the first time they claimed to have found a cure for a type of cancer. They do put out claimes out of that sorte from time to time. I do wish though they would find a cure for brain dead religious nuts of all kinds. 

• Like 3

On 11/6/2022 at 8:59 PM, Alchopwn said:

The difference being that most of the money earmarked for Ukraine is being spent specifically on weapons systems purchased from US firms and making jobs in the USA.

Is it?  Then assigning an Inspector General to audit the flow of cash should be no problem, huh?  In reality, fewer than 20 billion of the nearly NINETY billion awarded to Ukraine can be traced to weapons purchases.  I have no problem with helping Ukrainians, especially those who've been made refugees in Poland and elsewhere, to survive but as I said before, ANYONE who throws shade at the idea of auditing where this massive amount of money is going, is someone helping push propaganda, not true reality.

Iranian officials arrest supreme leader Khamenei's niece

The niece of Iran's supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has been arrested after she recorded a video describing the authorities led by her uncle as a "murderous and child-killing regime".

She also calls for all democratic countries in the world to expel Iranian embassy personnel and withdraw all their representatives from Iran.

The people of Iran aren't letting go and want a final end to the Islamic dictatorship and it's obvious the Iranian dictatorship has lost all power over them.  They have two choices at this point, committ a massacre, become heavily sanctioned and segregated from the rest of the world or give in.  Either way it will never be the same for Khamenei and the rest of his Islamic rulers.  As it is over 450 people, including over 50 children, have died in the unrest and it's probably several times more than those figures. 

Iranian people will never forget what these religious buffoons and their military subservients have done!

• Like 3

Good on her for standing for what's right, even knowing she will suffer for it.  

• Like 1