Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Supervolcano

Bogeyman

Yeah! Instead of getting all worried about it, I try to remind myself that even if it DID happen in my lifetime, I can just try to struggle through. Heck, loads of people will be trying to help! And we have some pretty smart people. They'll find a way to shift those big, blanketing clouds! thumbsup.gif

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Conspiracy

• AnimangaBloodThorn

• Nightwatcher

• absinthegreen329

aaah...if only we had a decent party ever time someone announced yet another total wipeout...bounce.gifwavey.gifclap.gif

PS

not that i don't believe in super volcanoes, actually seen this one on nat. geographic a while ago but what the heck - nothing else we can do about it

Would have to be a party to end all parties, quite literally wiggle.gifthumbup.gif

But it is highly doubtful that it will happen in our lifetime thought, and as for the 2012 business, every year someome somewhere says something about the world ending at some particular point.. Take the millenium an the Millenium Bug.. just chill out an live your life an if it happens, it happens, nothing anyone can do to stop it anyhow (thats my opinion anyway) thumbsup.gif

But they most likely will make a movie of it sometime soon, hollywood loves a big disaster movie and i cant think of a bigger subject matter for a disaster grin2.gifthumbsup.gif

Would have to be a party to end all parties, quite literally  wiggle.gif  thumbup.gif 

But it is highly doubtful that it will happen in our lifetime thought, and as for the 2012 business, every year someome somewhere says something about the world ending at some particular point.. Take the millenium an the Millenium Bug.. just chill out an live your life an if it happens, it happens, nothing anyone can do to stop it anyhow (thats my opinion anyway)  thumbsup.gif

But they most likely will make a movie of it sometime soon, hollywood loves a big disaster movie and i cant think of a bigger subject matter for a disaster  grin2.gif  thumbsup.gif

547420[/snapback]

They did make a movie, it was called "Volcano".

I've read up on this a little bit, its pretty bad. But the sick thing is how the year 2012 pops up everywhere, the first time I heard of it was about 7 years ago at school watching a Mayan, Aztec video. But since then upon scowering the interweb it has come up time and time again. I dont know what to believe on that one, like most of the gibberish I read. What is true?

The supervolcano has been around for a long time i've always wondered if i would live to see a huge volcano explosion like Mt. St.Helens

Yeah i remember that movie volcano, but one about a super-eruption would be so much better..

You never do know Neo, But if Yellowstone does go, Itll be a hell of alot larger than St Helens.. Prolly dont want to be alive if it does go off!!

It would basically kill all Americans, and then all the dust and suchlike would go up into the atmosphere and cause a nuclear winter all over the world. Very, very chilly.

There'll be no-where to hide, and it will last for YEARS. It's kind of like an asteroid hitting the Earth, but obviously different in where it comes from.

But I wouldn't worry about it. It's unlikely it will happen in our lifetime. And if it does, it does.

if humans survived before im pretty sure we will again, just most of the worlds population will die off... cause if it went down to 2,000 before then the population these days might go down to the hundred thousands or millions... maybe even higher, we wont know for a fact till the damn mountain blows

Edited by Conspiracy

i just saw the show on t.v and i think if it does blow then we better get ready for a volcanic winter tongue.gif

I'm assuming this would be the appropriate thread for this...

I'm not sure if any of you have been watching T.V. lately, but my house had on the Science Channel today and it ran shows about the Yellow-Stone Park Volcano today all day long. In the show it talked about the most resent activity it had. Scientists are predicting for it to possibly erupt in years to come. It's had a lot of evidence of resent activity which is why they had ran the specials on this channel.

In Yellow-Stone Park is a Super Volcano, not sure if any of you knew that or not but could you imagine this thing blowing up right now? Think about the planetary devastation it would cause. It's even said in the bible as a reference this might be possible, in the many of skepticle prophecies.

It's something to think about...

Just a thought

Matt ~

Mount Rainier has a higher chance of going off then Yellow Stone first. And Rainier is a couple times bigger then Helens.

i thought Rainer was just a regular volcano... yellow stone gots the super volcano but i dont think Rainer does...

No.. it's not super.. but it does have protential to be bigger then Helens was in 80. They have found pieces of it as far as oklahoma and alabama.

Wasn't there a thread somewhere on here about a month ago that said that we were overdue for our 'mass extinction'?

Well, they've been coming up with all of these events that could happen and destroy a large portion of the population. Perhaps they will all happen at approximately the same time, contributing to our mass extinction.

Just a stupid theory over here, go ahead and ignore me. grin2.giftongue.gif

Wasn't there a thread somewhere on here about a month ago that said that we were overdue for our 'mass extinction'?

Well, they've been coming up with all of these events that could happen and destroy a large portion of the population. Perhaps they will all happen at approximately the same time, contributing to our mass extinction.

Just a stupid theory over here, go ahead and ignore me.

grin2.gif  tongue.gif

571202[/snapback]

no i think u got a point there... one mass destruction could cause or trigger more mass destructions concluding to a extinction.. but w.e happens i dont think all human life will go extinct, i think some stragglers will survive and eventually re populate.. like look at the Ceolocanth... it managed to go threw most of the harsh mass extinctions and destructions that ever happened in history so i think we will atleast have some stragglers

There's so many humans in the world that I have no doubt that some will make it through a mass extinction, if we have one. However, I seriously think that the world would change drastically after this. Hopefully, the stragglers would put their heads together and begin to adapt so that they live long enough to repopulate. hmm.gif

Sorry, I've seen too many movies where people are too busy arguing rather than finding solutions. tongue.gif

Anyway, the world has changed so much in the past decade. There have been more tornados in my area in the past year than the past centry. There are threats of more tsunamis, as well as the ice caps melting. Earthquakes are hitting California so hard that it will eventually rip apart from the US. Volcanos are becoming more active. The weather is changing slightly. Those are only a few examples of some things in my country and other well known things.

I'm not sure of what is going on in other countries though...

That mass extinction thing seems to already be beginning, if you think about it. Everything is changing. Now, I'm not saying that it has begun, or that it ever will begin, but it is something freaky to think about, isn't it? ph34r.gif

Edited by AnimangaBloodThorn

umm super volcano.........personally i think it will happen in the future , not in the near future..but you really never know

yeah i watched it...... and im not scared....... becouse when it goes...... i'll die right of the bat.

yeah i watched it...... and im not scared....... becouse when it goes...... i'll die right of the bat.

572460[/snapback]

That close?

all that has to happy is a earthquake strong enough to bust the magma chamber for it to go.. rememebr that the volcano is already created there just anytime it can go... just i hope it never does but thats like asking for aliens to assasinate president bush... wont happen.

I would have to say that the worst part is that up until now, a lot of us had no idea that it could do that much damage. The magnitude of the destruction was astonishing. It makes me wonder what other possible major disasters we are unaware of.