Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Supervolcano

Bogeyman

ya the ash poisoning the water supply and collapsing roofs and destroying food sources are gonna be the worst case scenarios

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Conspiracy

• AnimangaBloodThorn

• Nightwatcher

• absinthegreen329

I would have to say that the worst part is that up until now, a lot of us had no idea that it could do that much damage.  The magnitude of the destruction was astonishing.  It makes me wonder what other possible major disasters we are unaware of.

572719[/snapback]

Probably a lot. In my opinion, I think that there are a lot of secrets floating around in everyone's government that they don't want to announce because it could cause a panic.

We really don't need to worry too much about this, it's just the calamity of the moment. Remember when the big deal was the giant eartquake that would drop the West Coast of the US in the Pacific?

But really, there haven't been enough instances of eruptions at the Yellowstone caldera for scientists to make a very accurate prediction. When they say "average 600,000 years" that has an EXTREMELY wide margin of error.

And Yellowstone is so active, it's hard to tell what changes in its landscape is just normal inner workings or cause for alarm. We've not really had the means to study it for very long.

We really don't need to worry too much about this, it's just the calamity of the moment.  Remember when the big deal was the giant eartquake that would drop the West Coast of the US in the Pacific?

573958[/snapback]

Wasn't there made a Superman movie about that? hmm.gif

So don't worry, if that happens Superman will save us. yes.gif

I saw it as well and enjoyed it. I even skipped watching the Simpson's so I could catch it.

I thought of something to defeat this b****** if it ever goes off; if its even possible. A cold fusion bomb, or several droped at the points of the explosive magma is shooting or soon will. Or even completely fill the place with those suckers, maybe it would freeze it all and in theory stop it from happening. Hmmm?

Another supervolcano? I had heard on the radio that there was one on the island of Sumatra, and that it could be active soonish. Then again it was from the radio, so I don't know how much truth there is to that.

I'm going to try not to worry about such things. I risk death everyday in a car or airplane. Dying from a natural disaster doesn't seem likely.

I'm not ready to go to Heaven, and there's still a lot I'd like to do. However if it happens, then it happens. Just have to think about what eternity is going to be like. Eternity makes suffering on earth look short. So I'll just suck it up, take it as it comes here in Missouri, and try to focus on what's going to happen to me after I die. Make no mistake, I plan to survive if I can.

One thing I do kind of want is for my mom and other family members to not be alive when/if it happens. I mean I can take anything, but I'd hate to see my loved one's suffer. sad.gif

I thought of something to defeat this b****** if it ever goes off; if its even possible. A cold fusion bomb, or several droped at the points of the explosive magma is shooting or soon will. Or even completely fill the place with those suckers, maybe it would freeze it all and in theory stop it from happening. Hmmm?

574112[/snapback]

That's not even remotly a good idea... That's on par with setting of nukes to fuse a faultline together to stop earthquakes.

once we see all the herds of animals running out of yellowstone then we should know that something is brewing since animals can sence a natural disaster of great magnitude.

it prolly will

wow. i hate that i've only heard about this now! kinda worrying.

the super volcano...what kind of affect would it have on the entire world? an ice age? how would it affect me?(living in ireland), just out of curiousity of course tongue.gif

and what's the gran canaria?

it will effect the whole world, the sulfer dioxide will block the sun out and the world's temperatures will plummet for a couple years

and it will erupt again,just like they said on tv last week.i only hope that when it does happen,we are prepared for drastic global changes.a supervolcano eruption would make another terrorist attack look like a walk in the park. w00t.gif

more like a walk in the safest place in the world, any giant mass destruction happens will do that

This show was awesome.

I feel like I would sleep better if I didn't read about this super volcano, but knowledge is power. I guess I'll just be moving far away if Yellowstone starts smoking. thumbsup.gif

no matter how far u run, the ash will go all across north america

i watched it as well...and i remember watching a thing on history channle about bible code stuff...and i'm about 95% sure they said the "End Of The World" would be in 2012 but didnt think much of it...but after hearing all this is kinda changing my mind and i think if they new when it would erupt they wouldnt tell us... you all know the U.S. Goverment....covering up roswell (witch did happe ...weather baloon my ass) but it happens...then well we dont have to worry about it happening for another 600,000 years

Remember people, yellowstone isnt the only one, it just happens to be the biggest.

Great show watched it twice on discovery.

~Thanato

ya theres one in Sumatra also

wheres the others?

so far all i know about is the one in Yellow Stone and Sumatra

Where is Sumatra?

What other supervolcanoes do you guys know about?

I could only imagine the damage that Yellostone would do. I just watched a little movie (National Geographic, I think) that told you about volcanoes and the damage they could do. The videos they showed, even of the small volcanoes, were terrible. There are so many things attached to volcanoes that do a lot of damage.

Pryoclastic flows along with lava are other things to worry about. So is rain and ash mixing. hmm.gif All I know is that if Yellowstone goes, so will quite a few people in the US.

However, looking at it without all of the devastation involved, they are beautiful and something that we need to respect.

Many people live near and in peace with active volcanoes.

Some volcanoes are actually a blessing in some places for farmers, considering that the dirt near a volcano is very rich in nutrients.

sumatra is in the south pacific,they had a volcanic eruption there in 1816 that changed the weather all over the world for two years.the same eruption also killed 120 thousand natives. w00t.gif

user posted image

Hey, I think that it was in the video...can't exactly remember the name, but it talked of a volcano that erupted and changed the weather for two years. They mentioned that it was snowing in June in England. Crazy, isn't it?