Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Supervolcano

Bogeyman

Yeah, I guess the only way to know that you will definately not be burnt alive by the lava from the volcano is to get out before it happens. However, most people don't have that option or that care...

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Conspiracy

• AnimangaBloodThorn

• Nightwatcher

• absinthegreen329

i dont think the lava here isnt really the problem, the problem about these super volcanos are the Pyroclastic flows and ash cloud that will rain over most of North America

It could be, if you live really close.

Yeah, the major problem will be the ash that will cloud the sky over a huge portion of the earth.

Edited by AnimangaBloodThorn

pretty sure anyone close to the mountain will run away from it before the lava hits the area tongue.gif

Yeah, they should, but remember that movie 'Dontes Peak' (I think, maybe it was volcano...anyway, it had to do with a volcano) where the grandmother was going to stay there?

I certainly hope no one is stupid enough to do that... blink.gif

It also depends on how fast the lava is moving and how close they live. If anyone is on Yellowstone when it erupts, then there will be problems...Don't rangers and such live in the park?

if they do then thier gone at the first second it goes xD

I think that they do...my mom used to work at a State Park and the rangers and people lived right there at the park.

If I were them, I'd definately be thinking about putting in a transfer. tongue.gif

lol ya, imagine being there or near the volcano when it erupts tongue.gif idd get my ass out of there and run, cept the pyroclastic flow would get me so they better get helicopters tongue.gif

lol ya, imagine being there or near the volcano when it erupts tongue.gif idd get my ass out of there and run, cept the pyroclastic flow would get me so they better get helicopters tongue.gif

601182[/snapback]

I don't think helicopters would help much either. Between the ash and the debris that would fly out of the volcano, a lot of airplanes and helicopters could go down too...

i dont think itll effect helicopers as much as planes, cuz planes got the engines and ash can slowly plug that up, but a helicopter gots a propeller so i donno if it would take down the helicopters as much

i dont think itll effect helicopers as much as planes, cuz planes got the engines and ash can slowly plug that up, but a helicopter gots a propeller so i donno if it would take down the helicopters as much

602889[/snapback]

I'm not sure...if it was raining when it happened, then practically nothing would get very far...

true, also seems were the only 2 talking about this lol, i cant even imagine the panic this thing would cause threwout north america

Lol, I know. Where did everyone else go?

Anyway, the panic in North America would be great, but my guess is that it would soon spread to other countries because of the whole ash blotting out the sun scenario.

Anyway, the panic in North America would be great, but my guess is that it would soon spread to other countries because of the whole ash blotting out the sun scenario.

I dont think that is funny, the panic would spread , especially if the states couldnt help other countries anymore

I dont think that is funny, the panic would spread  , especially if the states couldnt help other countries anymore

604167[/snapback]

Who said it was funny? blink.gif

I dont think that is funny, the panic would spread , especially if the states couldnt help other countries anymore

604167[/snapback]

what did she say that was funny? hmm.gif

anyhoo ya panic would go all around the world due to the sun being blocked and temperatures plummeting, tropical areas would die off, farming would be destroyed, pretty much half the worlds population would prolly die off cuz of the foodd being destroyed and stuff

what did she say that was funny?  hmm.gif

anyhoo ya panic would go all around the world due to the sun being blocked and temperatures plummeting, tropical areas would die off, farming would be destroyed, pretty much half the worlds population would prolly die off cuz of the foodd being destroyed and stuff

604544[/snapback]

More than half, I think...think about all of the people who can hardly get food now. More than likely, all of them will die off along with the ones who get food now, but will be unable to in the future. Many animals will die off as well, which means even less food. In some areas, you won't be able to farm until years later...it will definately be our mass extinction. I only hope that both of them don't go at, or near, the same time...

what did she say that was funny?  hmm.gif

604544[/snapback]

More than half, I think...think about all of the people who can hardly get food now. More than likely, all of them will die off along with the ones who get food now, but will be unable to in the future. Many animals will die off as well, which means even less food. In some areas, you won't be able to farm until years later...it will definately be our mass extinction. I only hope that both of them don't go at, or near, the same time...

604833[/snapback]

i dont think humans will go extinct... cuz politics like govenors and presidents will hide in thier damn bunkers with enough food till its over -.-

Has anyone of you guys ever experienced a volcano eruption? I was in the Philippines when Mount Pinatubo erupted. Every time I think about it it scares the s**t out of me.

Pinatubo

no i never have been near a erupting volcano and never plan to be, and dont mind me asking but how close were u to it when it erupted?

i dont think humans will go extinct... cuz politics like govenors and presidents will hide in thier damn bunkers with enough food till its over -.-

606055[/snapback]

Then that would be their main downfall. As soon as they run out of food, they will go up above ground. Because they spent all that time beneath the ground and such, they won't know what to do above ground. They won't know how to find food or how to hunt animals...at least they probably won't. But who knows? They could surprise us, lol.

Anyway, I don't know if the human race would survive or not. Yes, we are smart and everything, but there aren't very many effective ways to fight mother nature, you know? I guess, to find out, we'll just have to wait and see what happens...

Has anyone of you guys ever experienced a volcano eruption? I was in the Philippines when Mount Pinatubo erupted. Every time I think about it it scares the s**t out of me.

Pinatubo

606346[/snapback]

No, and I don't want to. I could only imagine how much it would scare someone. Now, can you imagine Pinatubo about 1000 times worse? That's the supervolcano...A 'regular' volcano is scary enough, imagine one of these... ph34r.gif

Link. <--- That's where I found out that a supervolcano can be as devastating as 1000 volcanos.

well i guess we'll have to wait and see what really does happen

*waits*