Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

9 Levels of 'Nothing'

bmk1245

Lost me where non physical entities come into the picture... Aren't those non physical entities rooted into physical entities? If there are no physical entities, who knows about non physical entities? Non non physical entities? Dammit, I hate philosphy (got 3 out of 5 in final exams)...

I know, that stuff is outside my comprehention, I'd rather deal with physical thingies...

PS Sabine puts good educational vids, though, sometimes she overplaying it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bmk1245 said:

Lost me where non physical entities come into the picture... Aren't those non physical entities rooted into physical entities? If there are no physical entities, who knows about non physical entities? Non non physical entities? Dammit, I hate philosphy (got 3 out of 5 in final exams)...

They come into question because they can't be ruled out. Some religious people believe that their deity is everywhere, so it must also be in Sabine's birthday box. We can't claim there is nothing in the box, before we remove all possibilities of something, no matter how unrealistic they are.

But I agree with her conclusion. There is no such thing as nothing. Although that conclusion is an oxymoron. Philosophy is fun.

Edited by zep73
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, zep73 said:

They come into question because they can't be ruled out. Some religious people believe that their deity is everywhere, so it must also be in Sabine's birthday box. We can't claim there is nothing in the box, before we remove all possibilities of something, no matter how unrealistic they are.

But I agree with her conclusion. There is no such thing as nothing. Although that conclusion is an oxymoron. Philosophy is fun.

I hate philosophy...