Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

California has legalized human composting

Autistocrates

15 hours ago, simplybill said:

I’m still hoping for a Tibetan Sky Burial. I’m not a Buddhist, but I want to “give back” to the birds that have entertained me all these years...

So, what's it like raising vultures for housepets?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Myles said:

I have no issues with doing this.   I will be cremated myself but to each their own.  I never understood being buried in a coffin and having a cemetery plot.     

I've always liked the tend I've seen of cremating yourself and then using your ashes to fertilize a tree that your family plants

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3

Why do it yourself, when you can have fun letting others do it for you:

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I've always liked the tend I've seen of cremating yourself and then using your ashes to fertilize a tree that your family plants

It leaves many options.   My wife is an art teach and specializes in ceramics.   She took some of my mothers ashes and mixed it with clay and made a very nice bowl that we keep on the mantle.  

The rest of her ashes are with my fathers ashes and we will split them up between the 8 siblings.   

I know there are companies that press ashes into a vinyl record that you can choose the songs to put on it.   You can leave one side blank so it is just white noise.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

That’s a nice idea.   my brother-in-law wanted to have his ashes sprinkled from a plane onto the lake (where I grew up and he lived from grade six onward, and did the fireworks shows from a pontoon boat).  His second choice was to go up in some fireworks over the lake!*  Last I knew though, he was still on the fireplace mantle.  No rush I guess. :P

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Autistocrates said:

Not house pets, more like ‘daily companions’. The vultures and other carrion eaters (eagles, hawks, crows, blue jays) would make quick work of me.

The vultures sometimes sun themselves on top of my house and the other buildings on my property. I got a few photos of this one on the roof of my corn crib last June. 

image.thumb.png.7a0a98a95f14190fc0fd6fa8a3756cbc.png

Edited by simplybill
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

17 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

What's wrong with it? Seems like a free choice that dosen't harm anyone. 

Myself being composted would be of better use than taking up land in a box that I would decompost in anyways.

I'm going to have a pyramid built by slaves who will be buried alive with me along with all of my guitars ;) (or cremated, whichever is cheaper)

17 hours ago, and-then said:

A little more:

The lady being composted here is Caitlyn Doughty, who I have attended a lecture by about burial traditions around the world and she did speak about this process and liquification as alternatives to cremation as well.  Fun lady. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

There is a ‘green’ cemetery where I live.  Your wrapped in a organic cloth and placed in the ground.Done.No headstone.. trees are allowed to grow anywhere they like. There is a large wooden structure with a map layout and the names and location on small plaques. This is what I’ll be doing. Back into the Earth the natural way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lightly said:

That’s a nice idea.   my brother-in-law wanted to have his ashes sprinkled from a plane onto the lake (where I grew up and he lived from grade six onward, and did the fireworks shows from a pontoon boat).  His second choice was to go up in some fireworks over the lake!*  Last I knew though, he was still on the fireplace mantle.  No rush I guess. :P

There is always pepper shakers.    Put the ashes in pepper shakers and give them out to the family.  :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Dang!   “Put pepper on the grocery list hun!  We’re out!”

Sometimes you have to laugh, to keep from crying?     My folks are side by side in caskets in a vault.    There’s a huge upright granite slab in front of their spot..with Jesus praying engraved on it.    Mom took Dad their to see their ‘spot’ once..  wheeling him across the grass he saw that and asked…”what time is the show?”  ;)    My wife and I change the flowers every spring and fall. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Myles said:

...She took some of my mothers ashes and mixed it with clay and made a very nice bowl...

Keeth stuffed his dad's into a pipe:

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, MGB said:

That I wouldn't eat.

Thank you.  After reading the OP, I thought….If I had the choice between two tomatoes, one is grown normally, and the other was composed with decomposed human remains, which would I choose.  I would choose the normal tomato under every circumstance just because of general principle.  To eat something grown from decomposed human remains seems really disgusting to me.

• Thanks 2

In all honesty what is the purpose of preserving human remains that are slowly decomposing (as someone above mentioned) that no one will ever see anyway?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Autistocrates said:

They live outside.

portlandia-goth.gif

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 1

21q4u3.jpg

• Haha 3

On 9/26/2022 at 2:36 AM, Hankenhunter said:

One would hope that before you go into the composter, that the body, bones included, would be completely ground up...

Uses for chipper mince?

• Haha 2

On 9/26/2022 at 6:58 PM, khol said:

...No headstone...

I've met more than my appointed share of people who do not even need headstones. For them, burying them up to their necks would suffice, since their shoulder boulders are alreadyprepared for sticking out above ground

On 9/26/2022 at 10:36 PM, Autistocrates said:

Keeth stuffed his dad's into a pipe:...

This is why he's called Keeth:

37212831.jpg

Emissions lists printed out of the cremer, like receipts from a cash register:

34096981-w-600.jpg

Warming up the oven to 500°C:

https://www.badische-zeitung.de/fotos-ein-blick-ins-freiburger-krematorium?id=34096917

34096921-w-600.jpg

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust and all that. Let nature do what it is supposed to do.

Putting bodies in protected boxes for all time is the weirdest, most selfish and most inefficient option, when you think about it.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 4

Introduced in California, watch this be adopted by conservatives and the liberals then hating it.

In Christianity, if I am remembering right, the body isn't anything to treasure after death. Graveyards are supposed to be memorials, not treasure chests.

Edited by DieChecker

On 9/25/2022 at 3:17 PM, and-then said:

It looks damned near post apocalyptic.  The absolute WORST thing is that it is INTENTIONAL and people there are too tribalized or stupid to understand or care...

It always amazes me that Democrsts will force otherwise good citizens to chose between their job or a vaccine. Or force everyone to stay home for days on end. To save lives, right?

But, if the subject is the homeless, they won't force them to do a single thing, since it "infringes on their liberty". Yet these people are doomed as much, or moreso then a covid victim.

Forcing the homeless to treatment is probably the ONLY way to successfully treat them.

Great topic! My belly is still busting from the awesome fun comments.

• Like 1