Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Xinjiang still shipping millions of goods to US after ‘forced labour’ law came into effect

Eldorado

Despite a new Washington law meant to effectively block all imports from the far-west region of China due to forced labour allegations, shipping records and customs data suggest that companies from Xinjiang are still sending their goods to the US – and at a much higher volume than before.

Chinese customs data showed that Xinjiang entities exported US$56.8 million worth of goods to the US in August, surging to their highest level in 10 months, and appearing for the second consecutive month to defy the new law.

https://www.scmp.com/economy/global-economy/article/3193616/how-xinjiang-still-shipping-millions-goods-us-after-forced?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

It’s almost as if …. The Chinese just don’t care what the laws are, as long as they get paid… and American companies don’t care what the laws are as long as they get their products cheaply. 

Edited by Sir Wearer of Hats
  • Like 5

The American government pretends to care. But as long as the government supports outsourcing jobs while importing bads from a slipshod-producing expansionist regime ruling over a society of notorious animal-abusers, all of the government's talking head lipservice will not improve matters

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Autistocrates said:

The American government pretends to care. But as long as the government supports outsourcing jobs while importing bads from a slipshod-producing expansionist regime ruling over a society of notorious animal-abusers, all of the government's talking head lipservice will not improve matters

I agree.   The cult following of the party falls for it hook line and sinker every time.  

6 hours ago, Autistocrates said:

In a free market society. There isn't a whole lot you can do to force manufacturing back.

Trump tried with tariffs against China which had the effect of some of the supply line shifting to places like Vietnam instead of China (which is cool with me because that weakens China), but didn't bring the US manufacturing jobs back.

And Biden has done things like the CHIPs act which creates chip production in the US through government subsidization. Arguing it's needed for national security. 

It's probably better for people to accept that we are not a manufacturing nation anymore which is a good thing. The only way to change that would be a government controlled economy or global tarrifs. And then I think people would be unhappy when they realize the cost of that on our standard of living.

However with slave labor we should continue to try to ban products from there as much as we can. Still hard to do

Edited by spartan max2

4 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

...It's probably better for people to accept that we are not a manufacturing nation anymore which is a good thing. The only way to change that would be a government controlled economy or global tarrifs. And then I think people would be unhappy when they realize the cost of that on our standard of living...

The last time we had a true standard of living was when the dollar was backed by gold. Since then, cheap bads of which replaced our goods has given the impression that we still had a standard of living whatsoever, through disguising the true devaluation of the dollar. The rewards manifested in the menacing expansionism of which has since become that outsourced country's policy

Edited by Autistocrates

26 minutes ago, Autistocrates said:

The last time we had a true standard of living was when the dollar was backed by gold. Since then, cheap bads of which replaced our goods has given the impression that we still had a standard of living whatsoever, through disguising the true devaluation of the dollar. The rewards manifested in the menacing expansionism of which has since become that outsourced country's policy

It seems you are using alot of words to not say anything but buzz words.

If you are against what I said than perhaps provide for me how we could bring manufacturing back into the US without crippling the economy through global tariffs or massive government subsidization and control over the economy? 

Edited by spartan max2

Postwar U.S.A. is the clue. Bring back the Gold Standard, allow small enterprises to grow and pay people to work. When people once again have true purchasing power, they will once again be able to afford quality goods of which not need to be bought numerous times over. A military coup would drain the Swamp and will be needed to weed out all of the slimeballs running the show. Try the slimeballs for treason and give them what they deserve

Nürnberger Prozesse. Göring, Heß, Ribbentrop und Keitel 20. Deutschland ...

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Autistocrates said:

A military coup would drain the Swamp and will be needed to weed out all of the slimeballs running the show

Dear God  :rolleyes: lol. Were you one of those yahoos at the capital on Jan 6th by chance ? 

The gold standard also isn't a magic wand that would bring back US manufacturing. I'm not going to ask you to explain how it would because I know you wouldn't be able to and would only give me vauge statements. You clearly haven't thought this through. 

Edited by spartan max2

25 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

...Were you one of those yahoos at the capital on Jan 6th by chance ?...

Am I communicating with one of those Chinese bots, here?

Since you're so sure, I must be presently communicating with a Chinese bot's sockpuppet, then

• Haha 1

Make that 2 Puppettes:

Pup2.thumb.jpg.7c38e20ecc48582af69699feeb4a1266.jpg

Former slave once again provokes former master:

https://www.republicworld.com/world-news/rest-of-the-world-news/japan-lodges-protest-as-chinese-patrol-vessels-enter-waters-near-disputed-senkaku-islands-articleshow.html

...the latest intrusion is considered to be the 27th occurrence of such kind since the year's commencement...

If they think that Japan's not big enuff to be bad

Did the Japanese army truly prefer a bayonet charge over rifles, in ...

On 9/27/2022 at 4:48 PM, Autistocrates said:

Am I communicating with one of those Chinese bots, here?

I've probably produced atleast one third of the threads bashing the CCP on UM lol. If not more.

If I'm a Chinese bot than I absolutely suck at it lol

• Haha 2