Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Summer Song

joc

1 hour ago, joc said:

I stood on a stump in the middle of nowhere...

Thanks for sharing I like it dude, it’s a cool sound with great lyrics!:tu:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, joc said:

I stood on a stump in the middle of nowhere...

Another great song from The Sprinkler Guy! :sk:clap::tsu:

What's that odd noise in the beginning? Is it a sprinkler?

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, zep73 said:

Another great song from The Sprinkler Guy! :sk:clap::tsu:

What's that odd noise in the beginning? Is it a sprinkler?

Ah thank you very much!  I had like 20 minutes to record it so I just turned on the amp and went for it.  

I don't know what that is...does sound like a wooshing of some kind.  Oh well, it's just a cheesy recording...the real recording will come later. :)B)

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, OverSword said:

@joc Good job Brother.  Is that a Floyd Rose on that Fender?  Blasphemy!! :devil: 

Thank  you very much!  It is a Floyd Rose.  I bought the Strat new in 1985 and it came with a locking tremelo system. Made in Japan.

..but the the G string tuner eventually stripped out.  Amazingly, I was able to pick one up at a Guitar Show in Dallas but eventually the G string tuner stripped out on that one as well.  So I took it to Charly's Guitar Shop in Dallas and they replaced the original locking system with a Floyd Rose.  Meanwhile my best friend died from the flu and at his funeral his brother gave me his guitar.  A cheap strat copy to be sure but not exactly cheap anymore because I had them install a Floyd on it as well.   The real Blasphemy is...I don't have a clue how to change the strings!  I guess I should learn but it's easier to pay someone to do it... B)

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, jethrofloyd said:

Nice job, joc. I think you should play Super Bowl halftime show 2023 instead of Rihanna.  :tu:

Thanks!    I actually had an offer to play the Super Bowl halftime show last year, but they couldn't guarantee me that it would pour down rain like it did with Prince, so I just wasn't too interested after that.B)

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, joc said:

it would pour down rain like it did with Prince..

Prince was great. A rain poured down while he played Purple Rain song as well It was really magical.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joc said:

Thank  you very much!  It is a Floyd Rose.  I bought the Strat new in 1985 and it came with a locking tremelo system. Made in Japan.

..but the the G string tuner eventually stripped out.  Amazingly, I was able to pick one up at a Guitar Show in Dallas but eventually the G string tuner stripped out on that one as well.  So I took it to Charly's Guitar Shop in Dallas and they replaced the original locking system with a Floyd Rose.  Meanwhile my best friend died from the flu and at his funeral his brother gave me his guitar.  A cheap strat copy to be sure but not exactly cheap anymore because I had them install a Floyd on it as well.   The real Blasphemy is...I don't have a clue how to change the strings!  I guess I should learn but it's easier to pay someone to do it... B)

Changing the strings is easy.

• after removing strings turn all the bridge tuners to a neutral position so you have room to adjust up or down after the strings are locked
  • cut the balls off the strings and stick them in the bridge and tighten the blocks with an allen wrench.  Putting the long end in the allen nut and tightening with the short part so as not to get it too tight.
  • run the strings through the tuners on the headstock and tighten them. 
  • repeat with all strings
  • tune up and stretch the strings a bit but don't use the whammy bar
  • once in tune put the locks on the top of the neck and tighten, but not too tight, long end in the nut and tighten with short end of allen wrench in your fingers like on the bridge
  • now go down to the tuners on the bridge and re-tune.

Should barely need to adjust them again 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OverSword said:

Changing the strings is easy.

• after removing strings turn all the bridge tuners to a neutral position so you have room to adjust up or down after the strings are locked
  • cut the balls off the strings and stick them in the bridge and tighten the blocks with an allen wrench.  Putting the long end in the allen nut and tightening with the short part so as not to get it too tight.
  • run the strings through the tuners on the headstock and tighten them. 
  • repeat with all strings
  • tune up and stretch the strings a bit but don't use the whammy bar
  • once in tune put the locks on the top of the neck and tighten, but not too tight, long end in the nut and tighten with short end of allen wrench in your fingers like on the bridge
  • now go down to the tuners on the bridge and re-tune.

Should barely need to adjust them again 

I bet there is a great You Tube video tutorial on that!  I will look and see...I really should venture out into the great unknown...:yes:

6 hours ago, jethrofloyd said:

Prince was great. A rain poured down while he played Purple Rain song as well It was really magical.

Yeah...the good ole days!   That is probably my fav  Prince video...The Twins dancing in the pouring rain on a super slick surface wearing 8 inch heals...The manager said when he asked Prince if he was okay with it raining he said, Can you make it rain harder?

There is a story that in an interview someone asked Eric Clapton how it felt  to be God on Guitar?  Eric said, I don't know, you'd have to ask Prince!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1