Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Most Democrats Say Ditch Biden as Nominee in Post-ABC Poll

Grim Reaper 6

A majority of US Democrats and Democrat-leaning independents want the party to replace President Joe Biden as its 2024 nominee, according to a Washington Post-ABC News poll Just 35% of this group prefer Biden for the nomination, while 56% say the Democratic Party should pick someone else, according to the poll, released Sunday. Among Republicans and Republican-leaning independents, 47% back former president Donald Trump for the 2024 nomination, while 46% prefer someone else.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/most-democrats-say-ditch-biden-as-nominee-in-post-abc-poll/ar-AA12dn9t?ocid=EMMX&cvid=5390de55286c49a28f68d9fa3a9db286

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Luke Skywalker is the obvious choice. 

Don't know why he isn't president already.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Hey maybe but I don’t think the job would interest him with all his other responsibilities!:D

Hope your well.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Luke Skywalker definitely has the competency in declassifying information.  However, I believe Leia Organa is just as competent and has some public office experience.  There is also Lando Calrissian  who might a bit of an (ummm) like an equine not as favoured or well known as other runners with a melanin deficiency.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Golden Duck said:

Luke Skywalker definitely has the competency in declassifying information.  However, I believe Leia Organa is just as competent and has some public office experience.  There is also Lando Calrissian  who might a bit of an (ummm) like an equine not as favoured or well known as other runners with a melanin deficiency.

I would vote for Leia however she is no longer with us she has become part of the force. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Luke got quite some experience with his school for Jedi I believe. Although Anakin pointed out some holes in the business.

Even did his own tax statement I heard. And being Leia's brother, we get her as a free advisor. Both are people person's and I think either or would be a great choice.

Or there's always Peter Griffin. He has already shown skills that America sorely needs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Hey maybe but I don’t think the job would interest him with all his other responsibilities!:D

Don't worry, I'll give him a call and sound him out. 

Our ex PM, ScoMo might decide to appoint himself next American President anyway!! :lol: :rofl: he's got a habit of doing stuff like that 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/aug/16/former-australian-prime-minister-scott-morrison-pm-secretly-gave-himself-five-ministerial-roles

9 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Hope your well.

You to bro!!!! All the best to you and your family. :)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Don't worry, I'll give him a call and sound him out. 

Our ex PM, ScoMo might decide to appoint himself next American President anyway!! :lol: :rofl: he's got a habit of doing stuff like that. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/aug/16/former-australian-prime-minister-scott-morrison-pm-secretly-gave-himself-five-ministerial-roles

You to bro!!!! All the best to you and your family. :)

Hey I honestly know nothing about your previous PM, but who knows he may be better than what’s nominated!:D

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Hey I honestly know nothing about your previous PM, but who knows he may be better than what’s nominated!:D

I'm not sure about that 

At the link it tells how he secretly appointed himself five ministerial positions during his term.

He's in a bit of hot water over that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

Hell, the shouty Irish Twit from the Last Jedi/Rise of Skywalker would be a better choice.

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

I'm not sure about that 

At the link it tells how he secretly appointed himself five ministerial positions during his term.

He's in a bit of hot water over that. 

No worst than our previous President, he’s in a bit of hot water also. Biden is also making some foolish mistakes by protecting his son, if he isn’t guilty it should be proven in court by not pushing forward with an investigation he looks guilty whether he is or isn’t.

JIMHO

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

No worst than our previous President, he’s in a bit of hot water also. Biden is also making some foolish mistakes by protecting his son, if he isn’t guilty it should be proven in court by not pushing forward with an investigation he looks guilty whether he is or isn’t.

JIMHO

Lol, you got me there, nobody Trump's Trump. I don't think Biden has much left in him. It was always going to be difficult entering an America Trump had just left. 

Vote Luke!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUeBQenTlhf9OqH9wPcMx

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

Lol, you got me there, nobody Trump's Trump. I don't think Biden has much left in him. It was always going to be difficult entering an America Trump had just left. 

Vote Luke!

I agree that Biden was left a big mess, but his failing cognitive abilities are also a problem that’s pretty obvious. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Luke got quite some experience with his school for Jedi I believe. Although Anakin pointed out some holes in the business.

Even did his own tax statement I heard. And being Leia's brother, we get her as a free advisor. Both are people person's and I think either or would be a great choice.

Or there's always Peter Griffin. He has already shown skills that America sorely needs.

When unknown siblings were reunited Leia commented on Luke's lack of stature. 

With both candidates standing at 5'9" a Skywalker v DeSantis election would see the shortest POTUS since 1948.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Vote Luke!

In my opinion the last good President the United States had was George Bush J.R no other President since Kennedy was faced with a National Security situation that could come close to the attack on World Trade Center. I am aware many people don’t support his actions in the Middle East, but I think he was measured in his approach especially during the Invasion of Afghanistan which I took part in for 6 months before I retired. Since the Terrorist were trained there if it were up to me I would have bombed them back into the fricken Stone-ages and made the entire country a parking lot for Camels. I know my comments are harsh to say the least, but the Taliban deserved no less for harboring Bin Laiden and allowing him to train and plan the attack from the country.

JIMO 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Luke: "I need to declassify this document."

Obi wan: "Use the force, Luke." "Just think it declassified."

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Would be cool if in 2024 our candidates are atleast below the age of 70

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

If not mentally impaired they are social impaired because their views are stuck too far in the past.

That is the crux of it.  Well said.   In whatever year we are born, it is human nature to think the world we grew up in is the "normal" world and the way it should be.   Music is a good example.  We are attached to the music we heard when we had our first date, or kiss, or learned to drive a car, or moved out on our own. Not everybody can  come to love the new music they hear in their  60's.

For a lot of people change comes too fast.  By the time one is 60 they have seen two new generations take the culture they inherited, change it and make it their own. By 70 if we don't have the capacity and desire to work at it and learn, we are lost and confused. Nothing seems familiar because it isn't.  It shakes our confidence and if we don't adapt, we become lost in new trends and technology.

For some that is just too overwhelming and unacceptable.  They want to lock the world in and fossilize it as it was when they were young.  Comfortable for some  individuals, but binding and restrictive on their children and grandchildren.  It robs them of their own freedom of expression and growth.

Look around, there are plenty of examples of those who desperately need to cling to a past now gone.

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

That is the crux of it.  Well said.   In whatever year we are born, it is human nature to think the world we grew up in is the "normal" world and the way it should be.   Music is a good example.  We are attached to the music we heard when we had our first date, or kiss, or learned to drive a car, or moved out on our own. Not everybody can  come to love the new music they hear in their  60's.

For a lot of people change comes too fast.  By the time one is 60 they have seen two new generations take the culture they inherited, change it and make it their own. By 70 if we don't have the capacity and desire to work at it and learn, we are lost and confused. Nothing seems familiar because it isn't.  It shakes our confidence and if we don't adapt, we become lost in new trends and technology.

For some that is just too overwhelming and unacceptable.  They want to lock the world in and fossilize it as it was when they were young.  Comfortable for some  individuals, but binding and restrictive on their children and grandchildren.  It robs them of their own freedom of expression and growth.

Look around, there are plenty of examples of those who desperately need to cling to a past now gone.

Well said and I agree.

There are also those who try too hard to change things just to make it their own.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MGB said:

And who can blame them? In my opinion it is the lackadaisical open border policy that is his major undoing. At least Trump tried to do something about it, and Biden seems to have undone it just to spite Trump. I'm not quite old enough to vote yet but will probably go independent. I just don't like what I see in either party at this time.

What state do you live in?   Is it a border state?   If not, then you don't know whether his border policy is any different than it was before Trump was president.    I think people need to focus on other things.   If you are not of voting age I suggest you do some research so you will be prepared when you do reach voting age.    Call all the local party heads and ask them the same quesitons on any topic (like border policy, or healthcare) and write down the different answers.   Don't skip over the non democratic and non republican parties, the Libertarians are on the ballot in all 50 states now, and some states pretend like the Green party is viable, though locally it probablly is.   The Forward party is one you should also call and ask your questions.    

And what size was the actual sample of those polls?   

I am not saying I disagree that Biden should be retired for 2024, and I am sure he will be, not because of polls of voters but because that was the plan anyway.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Would be cool if in 2024 our candidates are atleast below the age of 70

60AE202D-A7E9-433E-AF73-8CE582FC63EB.jpeg.750f89d99bfe53210e35b72487affc00.jpeg

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

60AE202D-A7E9-433E-AF73-8CE582FC63EB.jpeg.750f89d99bfe53210e35b72487affc00.jpeg

I won't vote for anyone who is older than I am and I would have to think hard about voting for someone younger than 50 (for president), though Kennedy was just over 35 wasn't he, and he was probably the best president we had since the 50's.   So it would be cool if the candidates are all between the ages of 50 and 65.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2