Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nord Stream Gas pipeline "deliberately sabotaged"

Knob Oddy

Der Tagesspiegel, a newspaper in Germany, where the pipelines land from Russia, reported a government source as saying: "We can't imagine a scenario that isn't a targeted attack. Everything speaks against a coincidence

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/german-officials-reportedly-believe-crucial-103205326.html

Not sure what the motive is here. Everyone is insinuating that Russia has done this sabotage, but I was under the impression that Russia wanted to supply gas to Germany.

Now that's not an option many people will be suffering this winter.

Either way, this does appear deliberate and may increase military tensions in the area.

Thoughts? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

It will cause more repercussions than simply freezing Germans this winter.  Their economy is going to take a massive hit already.  This situation could send them into a depression and the rest of the EU will follow.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Knob Oddy said:

Thoughts? 

The Climate Cultists are loving it and everything about the conflict in Ukraine.

• Like 2

There is the possibility that Russia could be using as a means of propaganda. They've done crazier things in the past and blamed others (i.e. illegally invade the Ukraine).

@Occult1, since you were so quick to react, your stance is equally hilarious. No worries though, history will show how misguided and evil Putin and his supporters were. Another chapter of the failed dictators and madmen in the history of the world. Keep laughing though, the end is nearer than you know, this will be fun to watch as you enter denial in  Vladdy's final failures.

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Knob Oddy said:

Thoughts? 

It may be forty years before we learn who is responsible. The USA? The Ukrain? The Dutch? The British? We can only guess.

20 minutes ago, Trelane said:

There is the possibility that Russia could be using as a means of propaganda. They've done crazier things in the past and blamed others (i.e. illegally invade the Ukraine).

@Occult1

I really doubt it. He desperately wants a NATO nation to buy gas for rubles. He would see that as a victory. How can that happen now?

2 minutes ago, Ell said:

It may be forty years before we learn who is responsible. The USA? The Ukrain? The Dutch? The British? We can only guess.

What about the guy who said he'd do it while grinning like a maniac?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

I really doubt it. He desperately wants a NATO nation to buy gas for rubles. He would see that as a victory. How can that happen now?

What about the guy who said he'd do it while grinning like a maniac?

However, it isn't out of the realm of possibility. He ultimately wants to subjugate the Baltic states and try to resurrect the USSR in some form or fashion. He or one of his cronies may think of this as a crafty way to divert attention and make them pay for their support of Ukraine by making this unobtainable  for now. 

"We didn't do this. But as soon as  services are repaired and restored we will be willing to work with you for an agreeable price" 

Hmmm....  Lots of theories going around. 

Personally I've be more inclined to believe the USA and Russia have been in cahoots together creating chaos for everybody.  What Russia is doing with Ukraine is what the so-called democracy-spreading Yanks having been pulling for decades.  

Order through Chaos. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Knob Oddy said:

What more of an admission do we need?

Reminds me of this from Pelosi:

https://www.newswars.com/pelosi-trump-leaving-whether-he-knows-it-yet-or-not/

She said THIS in July before the election.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) claimed "President Trump will be leaving the White House “whether he knows it yet, or not.

Sounds like Nancy had no doubts.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, acidhead said:

What Russia is doing with Ukraine is what the so-called democracy-spreading Yanks having been pulling for decades.  

Pretty harsh words for your neighbor. 

Baltic sea is littered with all sorts of ammo from the past wars, and having in mind

Such mines, depending on many factors (e.g. depth, type of bottom, weight and type of explosive), can cause danger to ships and hydro-engineering facilities within a radius of approx. 200 m to even over 1000 m.

(link)

• Like 3

Two videos of the USS Kearsarge visiting Stockholm and Helsinki this past summer. This ship and accompanying forces such as navy SEALs and submarines are perfectly capable of carrying out an attack/sabotage on the Nord Stream pipeline:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Autistocrates said:

Two videos of the USS Kearsarge visiting Stockholm and Helsinki this past summer. This ship and accompanying forces such as navy SEALs and submarines are perfectly capable of carrying out an attack/sabotage on the Nord Stream pipeline:

Timcast was saying there were some war games recently involving the pipeline on his last show.

Also, occult posted Tucker Carlson in the other thread basically accusing Biden using some of the footage above. If it's on mainstream news, where is the statement on these attacks, both on the pipeline and on themselves, from the White House?

IMO it dosen't make sense for anyone to blow these up as both pipes were already shutdown and not being operated. Russia shut down Nord stream 1 back in August. And Germany suspended the start of Nord stream 2

Denmark or someone is doing an investigation so it will be interesting to see what they find.

The only it was Russia argument I saw was that the explosion was just outside of NATO territory which would make it not an attack on NATO technically. 

Otherwise I don't really see a use for either side to blow these pipes up 

Edited by spartan max2

6 hours ago, acidhead said:

January 27, 2022  

"One way or another"

The flaw in this conspiracy is that Germany stopped Nord stream 2 from moving forward back in February. No explosion needed.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, bmk1245 said:

Baltic sea is littered with all sorts of ammo from the past wars, and having in mind

(link)

An analysis I was watching said that a sub would of shown up on radar, so they speculated things like using a civilian ship to drop mines as you pass and then detonating later. Won't know until they investigate more 

9 hours ago, bmk1245 said:

(link)

Weren't there three separate breaks?  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

The U.S. has had sub hunters in the Baltic Sea for over a week now. The U.S. is looking for the sub that did this.

I doubt we'll ever see proof of who did it but there can be no doubt that it was intentional.  Who loses the most and who is apt to gain the most?  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, and-then said:

I doubt we'll ever see proof of who did it but there can be no doubt that it was intentional.  Who loses the most and who is apt to gain the most?  

Well as a coincidence :whistle: Poland and Norway just opened their gas pipeline to Eastern Europe.

https://www.thenationalnews.com/world/europe/2022/09/27/poland-and-norway-open-milestone-trans-baltic-gas-pipeline/

Poland pipeline.jpg

Edited by Buzz_Light_Year
  • Like 3

• The title was changed to Nord Stream Gas pipeline "deliberately sabotaged"