Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man’s skin color changes from white to brown and no one really knows why

Still Waters

In January of 2021, Tyler Monk, a 34-year-old pest-control field inspector from Louisiana, decided to treat his anxiety and depression. He saw a psychiatrist and he was prescribed the antidepressant fluoxetine, a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor commonly known as Prozac. Unfortunately, not only did the medication fail to change Monk’s mood for the better, but after several months, the father of two’s complexion became visibly darker, until part of his skin was brown. Even though it’s been more than a year since he began noticing changes to his skin color, no one really knows what caused it.

“The fact is they [doctors] don’t know why I’m changing colors,” Tyler Monk said in a now-viral TikTok video that has been viewed millions of times. “First, they thought it was photosensitivity, so I’m having a reaction to light, but I’ve been covering up and I’m still getting darker.”

https://www.odditycentral.com/news/mans-skin-color-changes-from-white-to-brown-and-no-one-really-knows-why.html

• Like 1

Eminem's fan club would welcome him with open arms, if he would only turn that baseball cap backwards

300497347_1215126155913801_7613494522211653158_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p350x350&_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=Ttd1Kbyp2iEAX_2ZZTw&_nc_ht=scontent.xx&edm=AN6CN6oEAAAA&oh=00_AT-AWHNFoTr8_zGsAr-edyMmEbtQ0KhrOPeMchifVK910w&oe=633B52DF

In some way the drug is triggering the process of melanogenesis, where the oxidation of an amino acid causes polymerization creating melanin pigments in the same way as excessive exposure to ultraviolet radiation does. Only the causative relationship between the drug and the process needs to be determined.

The Prozac chilled him so much he actually became a bro, because let's face it, white people are not cool B).

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, openozy said:

The Prozac chilled him so much he actually became a bro, because let's face it, white people are not cool B).

Pfffftttt

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSa1exzSwF-fGsewJGXWj8

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, openozy said:

White fellas can't jump, either.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Pfffftttt

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSa1exzSwF-fGsewJGXWj8

Well I meant in general, The Fonz, Willie Nelson and Pink Floyd are exceptions :D.

• Haha 2

The fact is they [doctors] don’t know why I’m changing colors,”

I hear this alot...    Paid not to know why... strange world.

My skin turns red at the start of summer and so I have to hide from the 5 star Michelin chefs looking to create the ultimate lobster dish.

• Haha 3