Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Kabul suicide blast kills 19, mostly girls, at education centre

itsnotoutthere

A suicide bomb attack on a classroom of hundreds of people preparing for exams in the Afghan capital on Friday killed at least 19 people, with most of the casualties girls, police and a witness said.

The blast ripped through Kaaj Higher Educational Center, which coaches mainly adult men and women ahead of university entrance tests.

"We were around 600 in the class. But most of the casualties are among the girls," Akbar, a student who was wounded in the attack, told AFP from a nearby hospital.

The attack happened in the Dasht-e-Barchi neighbourhood of western Kabul, a predominantly Shiite Muslim area home to the minority Hazara community, the target of some of Afghanistan's most deadly attacks.

https://news.yahoo.com/suicide-blast-kills-19-education-052108433.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

Can someone explain to me why Afgan men hate their women so much?

• Sad 7

10 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Can someone explain to me why Afgan men hate their women so much?

I don't think it's so much about hate but control.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

I don't think it's so much about hate but control.

Or fear.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Or fear.

This and I don't get it. Just because some book says it? It's retarded. Same in Saudi Arabia, Iran other Middle Eastern States and some African States for that matter. Its sad. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

This and I don't get it. Just because some book says it? It's retarded. Same in Saudi Arabia, Iran other Middle Eastern States and some African States for that matter. Its sad. 

What's sad is that the Qur'an doesn't even say half of what they do. They're 7th century cultural traditions (not that different to those in Europe at the time) which at some point got twisted into the religion to the point even it's adherents don't separate the two.

• Like 4

This is not an attack on women specifically. Note:  "...Shiite Muslim area home to the minority Hazara community, the target of some of Afghanistan's most deadly attacks." 
ISIS-K, who are responsible for the attack, are Suni, and such, do not regard Shia as believers. This warring has gone on for centuries. 

Also, there is this by student Ali Irfani:
"Not many boys were hit because they were at the rear end of the classroom. The bomber entered from the front door where girls were sitting," 

Very simple. They were killed because they are Shia. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

This is not an attack on women specifically. Note:  "...Shiite Muslim area home to the minority Hazara community, the target of some of Afghanistan's most deadly attacks." 
ISIS-K, who are responsible for the attack, are Suni, and such, do not regard Shia as believers. This warring has gone on for centuries. 

Also, there is this by student Ali Irfani:
"Not many boys were hit because they were at the rear end of the classroom. The bomber entered from the front door where girls were sitting," 

Very simple. They were killed because they are Shia. 

Hi Earl

They do not like females getting educated to start with and secondly the bomber had a choice when to detonate so could have just as easily walked to the middle or back of the room but chose to detonate where the high concentration of females sat.

Seems to me that it was focused on the females both as targets and to intimidate other females.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Earl

They do not like females getting educated to start with 

Hi Jmccr. Yes, this I agree with. They do not kill women who get educated, though. They simply try to prevent it.

6 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

and secondly the bomber had a choice when to detonate so could have just as easily walked to the middle or back of the room but chose to detonate where the high concentration of females sat.

Seems to me that it was focused on the females both as targets and to intimidate other females.

Where did you pull that from, thin air? I can't say I agree here. The bomber was likely in a hurry and would not take time to survey the situation. 
He'd detonate the bomb as soon as he could. 

my opinion

If they would bomb all of their fertile females, that would solve their entire problem, within only one generation

On 10/3/2022 at 5:31 PM, pallidin said:

This is so dang sad.

Part of the problem with being human is, some of them live to force others into be their culture slaves. 

• Like 1