Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump begs for money while Florida suffers

Portre

I think Florida will be otay.  Hurricanes come and go, we have a process.  But hey, feel free to spend all the energy you like with your favorite hobby ;) 

The GOOD news is you'll soon be able to get your fix in a big way.  He'll likely announce his run for '24 sometime after the Rs retake the House in 39 days. :yes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, and-then said:

I think Florida will be otay, Buckwheat.  Hurricanes come and go, we have a process.  But hey, feel free to spend all the energy you like with your favorite hobby ;) 

The GOOD news is you'll soon be able to get your fix in a big way.  He'll likely announce his run for '24 sometime after the Rs retake the House in 39 days. :yes:

“Right across the state, people are losing their homes, businesses, and possibly their lives — and this pathetic con man is out here panhandling.”

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Wow, the msm & you have chosen two totally unrelated stories & glued them together.....clever.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Portre said:

“Right across the state, people are losing their homes, businesses, and possibly their lives — and this pathetic con man is out here panhandling.”

Let that hate flow.  As I said, hurricanes are a possibility every year.  I live in one of the areas that THIS one could have struck.  I'm very thankful it did not come visit us this time but trust me, a hurricane is not the end of the world - unless you die in it.  The truth is that you're just using the misery of others as a club to beat the bad orange man with.  YOU should be ashamed.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Portre said:

He is not doing anything different than he has ever done.  And I wonder if 700 club is still asking for donations, like they always do, or any other televangelist.   It is business as usual for the con men and women.   Have you ever heard of the serenity prayer?   

Can you change anything Trump does any more than you can change the weather?   If not then look closer to home for something you can do something about.   The less attention Trump gets the less control he has.   Just think about how much of your energy you are giving him that could go to your kids (lovingly rather than angrily, energy is energy, you get to focus it)

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Wow, the msm & you have chosen two totally unrelated stories & glued them together.....clever.

Character underlies everything and every event provides an opportunity to express it.   

Some are out there in their boats rescuing stranded people, and they are doing it without recognition or pay.  A lot of anonymous common citizens even up here in Oregon have heard the call and are collecting over the counter drugs, phone chargers, CPAP machines and other compact supplies that non-governmental aid organizations have said are in short supply. I bet there are some in @and-then area who have been through this and will be heading down with their chain saws and portable generators.  They probably won't be asking about the politics of the people they help. If it were me, they are the ones I would focus on right now.  There are still heroes, men and women who care and reach out to help their fellow citizens.  American greatness might hinge more on empathy and willingness to help others than on  selfishness, grievance politics, and hatred.

The petty bulls*** can wait for another time,  but upon reflection, it would be nice to choose a leader that reflects our best and most survivable qualities rather than self destructive ones. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Portre said:

I presume Hillsong and the other prosperity gospel *spits* churches are also soliciting “tithing” and other “give me more money!” schemes right now as well? At least Trump doesn’t conceal his naked greed behind the cloth of Godliness. Dante has an entire circle of Hell for them (buried head first in piles of faeces IIRC), while Trump just gets a bag of gold around his neck and fiery rain pelting him if he stands still too long. 

• Haha 3

Must be a slow news week.... the world doesn't stop when disasters occur,  and this is an easy excuse to fling mud at the Orange man :sleepy:

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Paranoid Android said:

Must be a slow news week.... the world doesn't stop when disasters occur,  and this is an easy excuse to fling mud at the Orange man :sleepy:

You wouldn't think so with Russia annexing part of Ukraine, but hey our disasters are of paramount importance to us.

• Like 3

Meanwhile in “whataboutism” town concerning what other former presidents are doing while “Florida suffers”.

“CNN — Former President Barack Obama painted a grim picture of the GOP at two California fundraisers this week, according to excerpts provided to CNN, warning Democrats that Republicans could oversee “a lot of mischief” if they win the House in the November midterm elections….

……The speeches, one at a fundraiser for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee on Wednesday in San Diego and another for the Democratic National Committee on Thursday in San Francisco, are the latest in a string of fundraisers Obama has headlined for top Democratic groups as the former President gets more engaged with the midterms.“

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/30/politics/barack-obama-republicans-mischief-democracy-trump/index.html

Edited by el midgetron
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

You wouldn't think so with Russia annexing part of Ukraine, but hey our disasters are of paramount importance to us.

My point was that this "news" story doesn't qualify as news, really! How many "please donate" emails have been sent out by organisations who are not Donald Trump in the past 2 weeks? How many phone calls have gone out requesting aid for charity work? In Australia,  the Guide Dogs need money,  it costs $35,000 to train ONE dog, and they are 100% reliant on donations! Children's Cancer doesn't stop killing a classroom full of children every year in Australia just because a hurricane happened! The Heart Research Institute is still making breakthroughs that affect the number one killer in Australia (heart disease). The Starlight Foundation in Australia works with sick and dying kids, those sick and dying kids don't get better just because a hurricane happened!

I guarantee you these organisations are still fund-raising.  I donate monthly to all these organisations, and I used to work for a company that fund-raised for these charities.  They didn't stop their charity work during the pandemic,  they didn't stop raising money during the devastating bushfires and floods in Australia over the past few years, they won't stop now. I still have a few friends I occasionally speak to online from that job,  and as far as I know they are still going in to the office every single day to raise funds for these charities. 

Heck, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if the democrats have sent out automatic fund-raising emails to their supporters in the past 2 weeks.

Trump is not begging for money for anyone in Florida except for himself, under the guise of assistance.

He's a total, permanently, self-involved freak of nature. Case closed.

He just wants to steal the assistance money. Just watch.

Edited by pallidin
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, el midgetron said:

Wonder what she's upto these days? Assuming she is still a she of course, being a Dem voter she could be identifying as a lamp shade right now.

• Haha 1

If not for being bored and feeling crappy and in a desire to derail would i have even replied.

This should be below zero shock to anyone trump the millionaire has been begging for $$$ from his low budget worshippers for years now and getting it. Cha ching!

Heck i recall one very devoured trump subject on here saying that even when they were donating they were put off that the auto withdrawal option was clicked by default and $$$ got withdrawn from their account so i guess the orange god lost cool points that day.

Anyhoo begging is a great way for trump to earn extra mcfish money, funds for paying hush to sex trade workers and buy spray tan etc its no way his fault that a pesty life costing major hurricane got in his way and can you really say for sure his marlago gold toilet isnt backup with weird documents, roto rooter isnt free you know.

• Haha 3

Thread closed for moderator review.

• Haha 2

• The topic was locked