Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Matrix Reloaded ( Possible Spoilers )

Ronin6th

cool.gif Matrix Reloaded tomorrow...maybe tonight for those who'll attend the Preview... cool.gif

Can't wait for it! ph34r.gif

post-5-1053014032.jpg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ronin6th

• Tommy

• Bizarro

• Saru

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

oh yeah. i actually drove by a theater and looked at the poster. i wouldve gone tonight but my wife isn't feeling well so we will go this weekend smile.gif

Oh...DS...I thought that you usually doesn't like Sci-Fi movies a lot...that's my case after all, I don't like all of them...but Matrix is so "special" smile.gif

Yeah...I really don't know what I am expecting from this sequel, and try not to think a lot about it, to avoid any deception!

Well, I can suggest anyone to watch the "Animatrix" videos (I think one of us has already left the link), the latest one is a little gore but it remains very related to the Matrix spirit...especially "program" that is very cool!

Thought it didn't come out in Europe until the 23rd, with previews on the 21st. I guess thats just in England then. dry.gif

Ronin I've seen 5 out of the 9 episodes so far. All of them are enjoyable, but I think I prefer Detective Story, because there's so much symbolism in it. Second Rennaissance is very good too. cool.gif

i love sci-fi, Ronin. i hate horror movies though.

maybe you just think because i don't like X-men i don't like sci-fi? smile.gif

some of my favorite movies are sci-fi. Dune, Star Wars/Star Trek, Fifth Element, Terminator, Total Recall, etc.

The Final Flight of the Osiris rocked!!!!! Is there anyplace I can get the videos from the net Ronin?

Where did you see it Vox? ohmy.gif

Heu...I tried to check on Kazaa, but only previews...

Saw it yesterday...

The only thing I want to say is : Matrix lost its soul... sad.gif

wow this movie was disappointing....the whole rave scene and morpheus talkin to the people was just out of place....and this place they call home that everyine seems to love looks like an alley for the matrix or something....and all of the fighting scenes just seemed the same...they also looked a lot like the fighting scene in blade 2 in front of those lights....however i must say the twins were the best...the dont need guns to kill they got their 2 straight edge razors that was c0ol....this movie just seemed bad... but i will probably go and see the 3rd one lol

DS i am a big horror fan i love the whole horror thing like the freddys jasons micheal meyers and WISHMASTERS

i know that jason vs freddy looks increadibly corny but hey i have to g0o and see it i mean i have seen all of their other movies lol

I totally agree MP!

I think the fighting scenes were too long and lost their style, only the one with the Oracle's bodyguard was close to Matrix1's spirit, when Neo and Morpheus had a training fight in a dojo. The story takes a turn that I don't like, and I was fed up with Agent Smith...Surprise to see me...I'm here again...always here...blablabla...

And yeah...the rave scene had nothing to do there...

I'm so dissappointed... sad.gif

Well, IMO, it was great! smile.gif

(if it keeps my attention, it's a good movie) biggrin.gif

There was a nice surprise after the credits too) wink.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I got to see it on Monday afternoon (darn it KC, I forgot to stay until after the credits... pish)...

I think that the special effects were exceptional and the fight scenes well-constructed, if overlong (especially the Agent Smith/Neo fight).

The car chase was pretty special, especially when Trinity turns around and goes into the traffic.

Downside: the story seemed completely lost - where was the original mystification over what was going on? Where were the 'on foot' chases that made it pretty special (Trinity over the rooftops/Neo through the apartments)? And I got fed up with Zion pretty quickly.

Not too impressed. sad.gif

I went to see it last week, and thought it was excellent - not quite as good as the original, but it was still well worth going to see.

The special effects and action sequences were truely spectacular, they've honed the fight scenes to near perfection.

All in all, a worthy sequel - looking forward to seeing Matrix Revolutions when it comes out later this year.

I think the story is excellent.

*possible spoilers*

Also makes you think even more when you watch the first movie again. Interesting to see in the 1st movie when panning into the interrogation room it is the Architect’s room with all the TV’s that you are moving into.

I thought the movie was very good up until the scenes became very segmented towards the end; eg the power plant bit, which I think the movie doesn’t go into enough, but which is much more thorough in the game. (which is a rubbish game BTW)

Interesting to hear people's theories on the ending, which coiuld imply that Zion is a Matrix within a Matrix, which would be an interesting, yet somewhat anti-climatic twist for the trilogy.

[if you have the time and effort, this rather lengthy exegesis raises some interesting points about the movie. LINK]

cool.gif

I loved those twin britsh dreadlocks dudes, they were sweet! cool.gif

I really loved the Matrix Reloaded, the thing is, just two days before I saw Reloaded, I saw the first one for the first time. I can't wait for the third one to come out. More great leather action. original.gif

I loved those twin britsh dreadlocks dudes, they were sweet!

They were my favorite also, King Pillow. I must say though that Tommy has a point about it being so choppy in the end. I wasn't expecting it to end quite as abruptly as it did. I look forward to the 3rd one to see how it ends. Of course, people could say the same about the Lord of the Rings trilogy, but at least with those movies if you've read the books you know how it ends. Not so with this movie....ahh the anticipation!

i loved it. so complex and interesting. i can't wait til i can get my hands on a DVD so i can watch it over and over again.

i read the link Tommy gave. it sort of opens a lot of things up, but i am not buying into the explanations given.

Neo is really the devil. the Architect is God. Neo represents choice, which in essence is evil because in most incarnations of Heaven we are only to serve God. the two doors represent God giving the devil his chance to come back to Heaven and be a good angel or go back to Hell and suffer again. Neo chooses selfish love and flies out of the fire back to her, retrieves her, and returns her to Hell again. both Trinity and Neo are dead and living in the afterlife. they have powers there now (like Neo stopping the sentinels). watch for Smith and Neo to unite in the next one and both have powers that compliment each other. they will assault God and Heaven. who will win? who knows original.gif

also, the twin dreadlocked dudes were the coolest thing ive seen in a movie in a long time. they are classic. im 29 years old but i felt like a little boy leaving that theater. i wanted to be able to shift through things and be badass like they are. great film.

he he, I went to see it whith Jera. She was glued to the chair.

It was the best movie I had ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

• 1 month later...

w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gifthumbsup.gif I have just managed to see this... and oh wow what a whole can of worms have been opened up....

can't wait for Revolutions....

Interesting to hear people's theories on the ending, which coiuld imply that Zion is a Matrix within a Matrix, which would be an interesting, yet somewhat anti-climatic twist for the trilogy.

Tommy,

At the end where Neo uses his so called powers to stop the sentinals, He actually does nothing of the sort, he belives he is the One and as the power, but umm they are not plugged into the matrix its the real world... The blast that destroys the sentianals and trows Neo back is a EMP pulse shot from the Hovercraft that apears moments after Neo falls, it just isnt mentioned that they saved them, Just to keep people hanging on beliving whatever they want untill the next and final installment, Neo dident do it... The ship did, ive had many arguments with freinds over this but they all figured it out now original.gif